3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian and Vegan FAQ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-faq-152/)
-   -   What type are you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-faq/44724-what-type-you.html)

veggiechick 08-07-2006 09:57 PM

Hi all Im new to this forum so its nice to meet everyone. I was vegan for a while but now i eat dairy - I do not eat eggs , gelatin or any kind of meat - i also try for products not containing animal bits nor tested on them and i have stopped buying leather, swede , down etc

Liz-z78 08-07-2006 11:07 PM

Hi veggiechick. I'm vegetarian going towards a whole foods vegan diet. Dairy is the hardest of me to let go... specifically ice cream. Cheese, milk, butter etc. I haven't had in ages but ice cream is one vice that I am having a hard time letting go of. Just need to oust it all together and stick with it, I've found the non-dairy versions not up to par.
Glad to know that there are other veggies going through the weight-loss struggle with me. :)

Lillybet 08-26-2006 03:14 PM

I'm ovo-lacto, but am leaning towards a vegan diet. The hardest part for me is giving up cheese. I don't eat a lot of it, but occasionally love the taste of it on a sandwich or casserole. Also, I'm still in the learning process, of learning how to develop a better rounded veggie diet. It's a growing process.

AmberNichole1983 10-07-2006 05:39 PM

I'm Semi-vegetarian i guess. I don't drink milk, but i will eat cheese and eggs. I will also eat fish. Maybe once every couple months i might eat some chicken, but it's a pretty rare thing. I will not eat any red meats or pork, my body can't handle it anymore.

learnedhand 11-12-2006 12:17 AM

I'm ovo-lacto who eats certain shellfish, and I have been for at least thirteen years. I have finally evolved into a philosophy about it -- I think it's hypocritical to ask someone else to kill and clean any animal that I wouldn't be able to deal with myself. Pretty much just leaves me with mollusks and shrimp (I really only eat them at restaurants, but I know I could deal with it).

My dad has evolved a simplified explanation for new people -> "she won't eat anything with a face." I think it works.

I'm interested to find out if there are of the diets like South Beach that have worked well for vegetarians. The emphasis on meat/fish protein has honestly been one of the major things holding me back from trying one of those diets.

Thanks!

leah_0600 07-29-2007 08:26 PM

i'm a pescatarian... i haven't eaten any meat in years except for fish. I don't like the taste of meat, and i also think fish plays a big part health and nutrition wise. Omega 3 and all that jazz!

MamaSam 09-06-2007 12:04 AM

I eat a vegan diet, 75% raw, low fat. ;)

SoulBliss 09-06-2007 12:29 AM

:) WOW! MamaSam! Finally another vegan!!! :carrot:

You are 75% raw, as in 75% of your daily calories come from raw foods?

How long have you been vegan (or vegetarian)?

ViolinCyndee 10-10-2007 03:30 AM

I am 99% vegan.. just have my 2 oz of cheese every day, and an occasional slice of pizza for my LAWL Carb Craver. I rarely eat eggs, but if I do, I only buy free-range/organic..

ViolinJenn 10-11-2007 01:35 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this place so it's nice to meet you all. :wave:

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 2 years now. It'll be officially 2 years on Halloween! I went to see the Bodyworlds exhibit in Philly and haven't touched meat since. Yep, I went cold Tofurky!:joker: I don't touch anything with Gellatin either. :nono:

Jenn

SoulBliss 10-19-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolinJenn (Post 1889413)
I don't touch anything with Gellatin either. :nono:

Well, I guess you are a vegetarian for real then! :D Welcome! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

ViolinCyndee 10-19-2007 03:22 PM

I agree---NO gelatin!

SoulBliss 10-19-2007 03:42 PM

We have 2 Violins! :o

SoulBliss 10-19-2007 03:43 PM

Where's a cello when you need it? ;)

ViolinCyndee 10-19-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulBliss (Post 1898550)
We have 2 Violins! :o

VIOLINS rock!! (btw.. Jenn's my student) :D