3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian and Vegan FAQ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-faq-152/)
-   -   Any Fruitarian Or "high Carb Raw Vegans" Here? (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-vegan-faq/269933-any-fruitarian-high-carb-raw-vegans-here.html)

Melissamixedup 11-15-2012 12:53 PM

Any Fruitarian Or "high Carb Raw Vegans" Here?

Hey ladies!!!

I'm just wondering if their are any fruit based raw vegans or "fruitarians" or even anyone doing the Dr McDougall diet?

I still have about 50 lbs left, I started at 255 and I'm now at 150 from going vegan, and then Low Fat Cooked Vegan, and now I'm doing 100% high carb raw vegan, my husband eats this way too and our children are raw.

Anyways just looking for health buddies out there, or even if anyone is interested in this. I can say for myself I have a ridiculous amount of energy, and my husband who was underweight was able to gain weight. I also NEVER calorie restrict, I eat about 4200+ calories a day from fruit and organic greens.

Anyways excited to here from you guys! I'm new on this board but really want to be able to support and get support when I need it.

Peace, Love & Fruits
Melissa

GinnyCarinhas 01-28-2013 01:23 PM

Hi, I am interested in this for sure. I want to maintain lean mass while losing fat. I would love for the whole family to go raw.

BreathingSpace 01-28-2013 10:46 PM

I am interested! I'm trying to transition right now...

WaterLillies 02-17-2014 05:28 AM

Hi!

I am trying to be fruitarian. I was able to do it for a week in January and I felt sooooooo good. I stopped doing it about 2 weeks ago because I came into money and I'm too stupid to find a way to celebrate that doesn't center around food. Also, my boyfriend got me food as part of my valentine's gift. I knew he was going to do that because he's not too bright either. Fortunately, I ate it all so... that's one problem solved.

I'm going to try again today. I'm having a cup of coffee this morning with a little cream (yes, I know). I'm not an ethical vegan (yet) so I'm okay with this. My plan is to keep cutting the coffee down a little every day so in a week's time I'll be off it completely.

I'm waiting for my son to wake up so I can make a smoothie without the blender waking him up.

Good luck to both of us!

PrincessKLS 03-19-2014 02:51 PM

If I have a mild case of diabetes, is a fruitarian diet really that bad for me?

MauiKai 03-19-2014 04:20 PM

You should speak to your doctor about that PrincessKLS...but I would think it would be inadvisable.

welder 05-21-2014 01:42 PM

As a hardcore vegan of 5 years I DO NOT recommend a raw vegan diet.
It is just plain unhealthy.
Cooking food does not destroy enzymes, it does not destroy nutrients and it does not "detoxify".
The whole movement is based on lies and misconceptions and is doing nothing but taking credit away from the legitimate vegan movement.

Don't believe me? Do some research. Science is on my side.

You can google the live science article titled "5 risks of a raw vegan diet" for a start. (Im new so I post a link to it otherwise I would)

Rebecca85 06-02-2014 11:31 AM

I am doing the Dr. McDougall life style! I LOVE IT! I am down 20 lbs doing this but I feel AMAZING! (that 20lbs in 2 1/2 months!) I also agree with Welder the raw diet is not healthy! Go to www.drmcdougall.com for recipes and information! Or ask me! Much love! Rebecca85