Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/241/140

Default Etl Six Weeks Again Please

Hi everyone I hope you all had a good few months. I'm starting the Eat to Live 6 week plan again and I was wondering if we could start this thread again. I have gained about 5 pounds in the last month or so. I did really well when we where doing it together.I'm starting on Thursady but if you want we could start the 6 weeks offically Sunday. What do you think I really miss it and you guys.

G
Old 09-20-2006, 03:15 AM   #2  
Loser

S/C/G: 227.5/225.5/175

Height: 5'5"

what diet is this? I'm not familiar with it
Old 09-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #3  

Good moning are you a bon jovi fan I love that song thank you for loveing me Eat to Live is a a vegan diet by Dr. joel Fuhrman.
HEar are the guide lines
hope you want to join in

UNLIMITED (eat as much as you want)
raw vegetables (goal: 1 pound daily)
cooked green vegetables (goal: 1 pound daily)
beans, legumes, bean sprouts, and tofu (1 cup daily)
fresh fruit (at least 4 daily)
eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes

LIMITED (not more than one serving per day)
cooked starchy vegetables or whole grains (butternut or acorn squash, corn potatoes,rice, cooked carrots, sweet potatoes, breads, cereals) (1 cup max. per day)
raw nuts & seeds (1 oz. max. per day)
avocado (2 oz. max. per day)
ground flaxseed (must consume 1 T per day)

OFF-LIMITS
dairy products
animal products
between-meal snacks
fruit juice, dried fruit

after the first 6 week it's less stricked and a few things are added like dried fruit and such
Old 09-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #4  

Hi. I'm new here- just registered in fact!

I have been searching for some support in doing the six week plan and would love to join you. I will start tomorrow (Thursday) as well. I have been trying stick with it all week - I need accountability!

Can I join you?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #5  

welcome pumkinseed you sure can join. I would recomend you get the book Eat to Live or vist Dr. Fuhrmens web site. the best thing is to rember is keep it simple fruit for breakfast salad with beans for lunch and salad with cooked veggies for dinner. www.fatfreevega.com is a wonderful site and has lots of good eats (hehehe alton borwn is comeing on tv now) under the recipes click on ETL and it has the guidelines and lots of recipes. When would you like to have a wigh in each week or would you? This is going to be wonderful we're going to stay motivated an lose that weight. talk to ya soon

G
Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome. I am excited to have a buddy!

I have read the book (got it from the library) and visit the fatfreevegan website all the time. LOL. That food in the blog looks so yummy!

I do plan to weigh in regularly, but I have a scale addiction so I am going to try to limit myself to 2x per week. If we count this as a start day we can weight on Thursdays or I'd be happy to do another day if others join in.

I am ready to do this, by the book - no little bites of this or that - it all adds up!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #7  

can we have our weigh in on Wednesday as I have a TOPS take off pounds sensably meeting. I'm glad you have read the book. I love fat free vegan it's really handy just pick a recipe and print I have not found one I didn't like yet. I have done well so far today and am feeling very motivated . I going to go to the gym after I leve my moms. I take care of her while my brother is at work then go home. How are you doing? I think the tlb (tastes,licks and bites) will be hard. HAve you been veggy long? I've been since January and except for a few slipps I've done well. I think cut back my carbs will be a little hard for this go round. I hope your haveing a good day.

G
Old 09-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  

Good morning.

Wednesday is as good as any other day for me to weigh in.

I had an ok day yesterday. Slipped up with some popcorn that I made for the kids for snack (at least it was air popped) - I think because the salad I made for lunch was not that tasty. I find that the better the food tastes the more satisfied I am.

I was veggie (lacto-ovo) for 8 or 9 years way back. Then started eating a more omni diet while I was preganant but over the past two years I found myself eating meat etc less and less. I just don't care for it. I also find that diary and eggs creep me out a bit. Unless it is in the form of cheese or icecream or a rich dessert - none of which I really need to be eating

I hope to have a better day today, I need to watch the carbs myself I go way overboard with that stuff.

Have a good day!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #9  

Hello how are you doing. For myself not so well I really wish I wasn't such a stress eater. today I went out to dinner grilled cheese and yesterday alot of rice based dishes(I cooked for my mom) I'll get back on track tomorow. I just have to rember progress not perfection. I hope your doing better.

G
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 AM   #10  

Good morning. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

I did OK, not great myself - but I am happy that my diet has improved significantly. I am eating so much better, I am getting creative with my salads/veggies instead of overdoing the pasta etc. I also feel better!!! I figure that even if I am following ETL 80% that is OK and it is better to ease into it and do something that I can stick with instead of something that I will be frustrated with and give up on.

I am looking forward to weighing in on Wed! I am trying so hard to stay off the scale but I am an addict!!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #11  

I understand the scale issue I think I have some of the same tendensy. I'm doing ok for my birthday my mom got me a lap top lunch box made famuse by the vegan lunch blog so I used it today. It's realy quite nice and holds more food then I thought it would. My stress level is up today not sure why just is. I think TOM is comeing soon. And some days dealing with my mom is kind of stressful. I do in home care for her but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep this up it is very stressful as we don't always get along. Anyway I hope you have a wonderful day.

G
Old 09-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #12  

Good morning!

I hope you are feeling less stressed today. It must be difficult! Have you tried yoga? I always feel so good afterwards, energized and relaxed at the same time!

Yesterday was another not so great day for me. I way overdid it and just felt full and bloated all day. The funny thing is it was all food that is OK in moderation, starchy veggies etc. but I have gotten used to eating lighter (salads etc) and I just felt so yucky after the heavier foods. A few weeks ago overdoing it would have involved lots of chocolate or chips. I shouldn't complain!

I am looking forward to the weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #13  

Good morning,
Yes I'm feeling better today less stressed I've been doing well not 100% but still better then a few weeks ago same as you. I too am looking forward to Wednesday. I'm also looking forward to this weekend I'm going to a styx consert and also a TOPS raily I'm really looking for it. I hope you have a good day.
G
Old 09-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #14  

Styx! LOL!!!!! I used to have the album Paradise Theater(yes I said album - my kids don't even know what an album is!)!!!!

Hope you have a good day. I weighed in this AM first thing and I am down 2 pounds. I'll take it!!!!! Especially considering that I ate pizza last night (between the salt and the fat I am surprised I didn't gain) - I ate really well the rest of the day, but dinner was late so I was hungry and the rest of the family was eating pizza and it was hard to resist! My new motto is that small changes are better than no changes. I hope that seeing some results even if I am not following the plan 100% will help be resist those cheats a little better.

Hope your weigh in goes well!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:30 AM   #15  

It's for my DH's birthday Styx is his favorite band we have seen them 2x this will be our third. We also met Tommy Shaw at the air port last winter dh was so excited. I'm glad to hear you did well 2 pounds is wonderful and who can't resisted pizza this is a progress thing . I see it as a life style change and in life pizza or in my case gilled cheese happens not everyday mind you but I'm not going to feel bad about it once in a while. If we deprive oursleves all the time it and worry about every little thing it's not liveing and we would be letting the food have a life. Anyway I'll get off my soap box (always wnted to use that little guy lol) I too had a good week with a 2.5 pound lose. I think this is going to be a really good 5 more weeks. shale we set a weight lose goal for the week? like on celeberty fit club? " your target weight lose for this week is>" sorry I've been watching way to much tv lately.

Have a good day

G
Closed Thread