Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/ see tracker / 135

Height: 5'8

Default Thinking about going vegetarian...

So, my situation:

I've really only ever had beef and chicken (I don't like pork, bacon, turkey, fish, whatever).

For the last 7 months or so, I have had beef a handful of times for diet reasons. However, I've noticed that I have only been having chicken maybe twice a week (because I love veggie burgers/ other forms of vegetarian "meat").
However, I want to cut out the chicken and become vegetarian. I'm not a huge animal lover but I think that meat packing companies are horrible and I have a huge problem with the way government subsidizes agriculture and I don't want to support certain products because of this.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to completely cut out meat? I haven't had any for 10 days now (yea!). Are there certain pitfalls a lot of newbies fall into?
hepzibah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 428/338/185

Height: 5'6"

Just do it. Plan out some menus do some prep work and jump right in. I had to go low fat vegan for health reasons so it can be done. It's not that hard to be honest. I love it myself.
Stephaniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/253/165

Height: 5'11"

I was raised a vegetarian and have never even tasted meat. Yet, I am nearly 100 pounds overweight. Why? Because I eat WAY too many carbs and wasn't careful about getting enough veggie protein. Make sure you incorporate some kind of protein into each meal. It doesn't have to be a lot. Just something. A cup of beans at dinner, a few ounces of tofu at lunch, some cottage cheese or greek yogurt at breakfast will go a long way in making you feel satisfied and not craving food all day long.
oaklandish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #4  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

I know this is an older post, but you won't regret going veggie. My health situation has improved immensely since I reverted back to veggie
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote