Old 07-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #1  

Default Vegan Intermittent Fasting Weight Loss. (Questions and Advice)

Hey guys!

I'm a 25 year old female who went vegan a few months ago. The transition was easy and natural for me. In the last year I have lost about 10 pounds without trying, just making better choices. Now I want to loose my last 5 - 7 pounds and I'm trying to do it within a 4 week timeframe with help of Intermittent Fasting (confining my food within a 7 hour eating ''window'')

Stats:
Height - 5'2
Weight: 118
(I have lots of extra fat on stomach, hips and thighs)

This is my eating plan:

1PM:

SMOOTHIE (I know some people would prefer actual food, but I am obsessed with big smoothies)
Including:
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1/2 cup of dry oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ice
- topped with cinnamon and a bit of shredded coconut
CALORIES = 450 - 500 cals

7PM

DINNER

Including:
- 1/2 can of red beans or chick peas
- tons of sauteed veg in olive oil(1/2 an eggplant, 1 pepper, 1/2 onion, 1 tomato)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 small whole wheat tortilla
- All with spices and hot sauce, no salt.
CALORIES = 700

TOTAL DAILY CALORIES - Around 1200.

Please note* I know my caloric intake is low, BUT I work online 10 hours a day from my bed and maybe walk an hour per day right now.

If anyone has any experience with IF adn weight loss, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers
amiemarjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

I have been doing vegan intermittent fasting for about a month now. My first meal comes at about noon, so that means I have gone about 15 hours without food. I was doing intermittent fasting with a regular but whole foods (nothing processed) diet prior to this but I did not see much weight shifting. One day I did a no meat, no fats type meal, and that was really good, so I started to eat like this every day. I do not miss the meat and fat at all.

It is about the fastest way to lose weight that I have ever seen. I have one large bowl of brown rice, black beans with veggies, and tofu, all steamed, no oil. Rarely I will eat something fatty like a meal of hummus and corn chips. this one big meal is in the 1000 calorie range. (one cup dry of brown rice is 682 calories, my bowl or rice is about 3/4 dry cup). I try to keep it to simple meals of 5 ingredients or less. I drink about 4-32 oz cups of ice tea. Throughout rest of the the day, fruit and vegetable are free as long as I do not use condiments. I try to eat them raw, without oil (etc). I will be going back to school soon and will probably try the "raw till four" idea. I will still eat the same amount of food, but it will be in a different order.

This diet is the fastest weight loss I have ever experienced. At this rate, I feel I would have lost all I want in 6 months. I do not think that it is totally safe to lose so quickly though. So I have been eating a handful of nuts as well.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote