Old 05-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #1  

Default Is anyone else doing Eat to Live?

I've been vegan for a few years, but I've always been overweight. Last year, I lost 25 pounds and felt great, but then I met someone and the happy weight crept up on us. Now we're racing to a 30-pound weight loss, and I want to win, so I'm doing Eat to Live.

So far, so good, but it would be awesome to have people to share food ideas with.
Modjeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I tend to do higher fat than ETL allows but one of my favorite blogs is by a quasi/former ETLer and there are lots of ETL recipes on her site
http://blog.fatfreevegan.com
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #3  

Ah, I love her blog! I discovered it because of a cookie recipe.
Modjeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:42 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 2"

Modjeskadi you reach goal on ETL?

I am just starting with Eat To Live.
nuumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #5  

So glad to find these posts. I am having trouble staying on the plan. I have been "playing" with it for sometime now. Just had blood work done. Results were wonderful, meaning not normal but down form last time.
Please post often.
Bocan244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 2"

Dr. Fuhrman is my hero. I am planning to do Eat To Live the rest of my life. Right now I am trying to get rid of some foods that aren't in my plan.In a few months I will be willing to make a full commitment to do Eat TO LIVE
nuumee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #7  

Height: 6-1.5

I started high carb low fat vegan (whole foods, not processed) on June 17th. I weight myself today on July 8th, and found I had already lost 5 pounds. This is without exercise and eating large amounts of food. My goal is to lose 17.5 pounds every 3 months (about 6 pounds per month). I have had several occasions when I have "cheated" by using oil to fry in, and once or twice I drank real milk (reminds me to pick up some soy milk). I also used cheese a few times. I am quite happy with this diet because I really don't feel hungry. The cons are that a lot of the food tastes pretty bland, and you need to learn to use spices and sauces that do not contain oil or meat by-products.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212/211/137

Height: 5'7"

hi, pleased to find this thread, I'm doing Eat to Live. I've changed over to it slowly, feeling much better, and losing weight. I had a day off plan yesterday but back on board today. the only things I eat off it are a litte bit of oil and some yoghurt as I have a few health problems and I think I need those in my diet. I have celiacs and many food allergies so I don't eat any grains at all.

I tend to fall off the plan when stressed so that is my main challenge. I'd love to share recipes and progress, difficulties etc
jan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

My husband's brother is a doctor ~ he follows it himself ~ it has helped him. He recommends it to his patients. He recommended it to me a few years back, but I was working full time and did not have the time and not able to eat that way while working. Then a couple years ago, my husband had a heart blockage and stent placement and his brother recommended the Eat to Live diet for him. My husband started it and it helped him lose weight and also solved another issue that had been trouble for him. He had hemorrhoid problems and banding surgery a couple times. This diet was the answer to that problem as well. He no longer has trouble with constipation and hemorrhoids. He has been doing the diet faithfully for a couple years now. He was not very much overweight ~ and now really looks too thin to me. But he feels better eating this way.

I followed it with him at first and lost about 20 pounds. I have struggled with my weight all adult life and eventually struggled with this way of eating as well. But after eating that way for a while, I do feel better when I eat that way and while I kind of eat some things that aren't on that program, I (for the most part) eat that way most of the time.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote