Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/166/130

Height: 5'3"

ashleybrook, maybe try doing it meal by meal - start with meat-free breakfasts (the easiest), then work on having meat-free lunches and snacks as well, and stick with having meat a few times a week for dinner (or however often you want to eat it). And if you feel like eating meat, don't resist - otherwise you might crave it too much and give up altogether.

Planning meals and having a few good vego recipes up your sleeve might make it easier, too.
jennybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #17  
Vegan

S/C/G: 255/Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

It's a myth that you need to have TONS of protein. Read the China Study. Too much protein is linked to cancer. Eat your legumes, Nuts, Chia seeds, etc. and you'll be fine. Otherwise there are vegan protein powders that will do the trick.

If you've only been a Veg for a few weeks and are tired it isn't from the B-12. B-12 is stored in the body and doesn't diminish in a snap. However, you will need a multi-vitamin or eat foods supplemented with vitamin B-12.

If you swap meat for too many sugars and white starches it will cause blood sugar fluctuations and you will have issues with energy too. When I don't watch it that is what happens to me, and why I gain weight.

Try making a green smoothie. Throw in some fruits, and top off by adding Romaine, baby Spinach or Bok Choy and you will have energy coming out of your ears. They turn me into a spaz!

Oh, also the fatigue might be your body detoxing off of the meat and junk. It can take a few weeks to flush all that out.

Last edited by kierr; 01-30-2013 at 11:04 AM.
kierr is offline   Reply With Quote