Where can i buy other squash!?

• Who sells anything else besides butternut,spaghetti,and acorn? Thats all i see, and I really want to try hubbard and all the other variaties!! I have tried kobacha and loved it, but that was at sunflower market in colorado. I live in San Antonio,TX. Any suggestions???
    also, HEB has pumpkin and "native american squash" but its not clear what kind they are specifically, or if they are even edible!
  • I have the same problem. I can find those you mentioned everywhere, but if I want a kabocha I have to drive an hour to find it. I've never seen it at regular supermarkets, only those similar to Whole Foods.
  • Do you have a farmer's market near you?

I get all my squash there...they have everything.
  • try Sun Harvest Markets (maybe called Henry's?). They are merging with Sprouts and changing names. Sprouts is very similar to Sunflower Market, with a large selection of produce including different varieties of squash.

not that you asked, but Sprouts also has a great selection of vitamins and herbal and homeopathic products too.
  • All of our Farmers Markets are weekly stands and they dont have squash yet. And also I did look at Sprouts(previously Sun Harvest)!They only have the three common ones! I guess i could keep searching for an asian market or try whole foods..its just a bit of a drive!