Old 10-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

I have looked at different vegetarian cook books which I borrowed from the library but have found that they have too many recipes which include eggplant and tofu which my husband will not eat. Because of this factor I have been having a difficult time finding new vegetarian recipes to try.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/213/140

Height: 5'2"

Best series ever is The Happy Herbivore. Wonderful vegan food very easy and not expensive at all!
Unul_dragoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

I love Isa Mascowitz. Her website was pretty essential to me when I first became vegetarian.

The first book that made me think about becoming vegetarian was the book Healthy at 100 by John Robbins (of Baskin Robbins fame). I found it comparable to the China Study. In fact, the China Study is mentioned a lot in the book.

I also remember that Love Yourself Thin by Victoria Moran really impacted me when I was a freshman in college. I cannot recommend this book highly enough to vegetarians with disordered eating/emotional eating issues. Fantastic.

For someone who is just starting out or is just dabbling in vegetarianism, I would recommend How to Eat Like a Vegetarian. It has some great transitioning ideas. Very simple and easy. Nothing is too complicated.

Vegan on the Cheap is great! So many tips and tricks and substitutions. Very easy and cheap food (but not cheap as in crap). Perfect for a beginner.

Finally, The Great Vegan Bean Book has some very interesting ideas. Bean cookies? I admit that I have not tested this book, but definitely some interesting stuff in it.
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #19  

There are a couple of cookbooks based on The China Study. I can't post links yet but look up "The China Study All-Star Collection."
VivaClandestina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:02 PM   #20  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

I don't have any of my vegan books left. I know they would discourage lowcarb anyway. It seems to be working for me though
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #21  

I'm trying out The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen these days.
jessica36774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #22  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Question Cooking for vegan plus a non vegan

Wasn't there a cookbook for easily cooking for a vegan plus one (non vegan)? I'm looking for the title so I can order the book. Thanks for your help.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote