3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Vegetarian Chicks

"30" Day Vegan Challenge :)

Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #46

S/C/G: 266/221.6/145

Height: 5'7

Oh my word! Busy weekend. Sorry I have been MIA. Thanks so much for the link Leblebi! I'm going to have to try that this weekend.

I was doing so so well for the last week and yesterday I went to the chinese buffet, I didn't eat any meat or anything but I got the hibachi with all veggies which was cool until I took a bite and it tasted like butter. >< So mad, pretty sure they use a margarine base liquid on the skillet. Oh well, other than that, that was my only slip up this week and that was unintentional so I feel like week one was definitely an accomplishment. This weekend I'm going to be heading to the library to look at some vegan cookbooks, I will share some recipes with you that I find. I can't keep eating lentils and rice every day. lol
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #47

Hi i know its already the 10th may i am going to start this journey with you look forward to the encouragment!!
suskem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #48

Oh yay! GREAT!!!!! Welcome Suskem! Glad to have you with us!!!! I started a blog about this as well....haven't updated in a few days but I'll keep up here. So excited for you to take this journey with us, you need anything at all, let me know!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/lilmissli/
Old 05-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #49

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Howdy!
I've been the worst vegan lately. But I'm still exploring and trying new things. And I've been pretty consistent with the gym. I've gone 4 out of 6 days (and to be fair, it would have been 5, except my car broke down). Sorry I haven't been around. I'm going to try harder! I promise!

ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #50

Bleh I have been so terrible with updating here. Work started up last week so I've been super busy all day. A new store: Earth Fare opened up by my house, it is amazing! Uhhh Vegan cookies, vegan muffins, Vegan dumplings, lots of vegan and organic stuff...so so good. I've been on the ball, hard work for sure!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 AM   #51

Oh I've never heard of Earth Fare. That sounds awesome. I had a pretty good weekend. Not completely vegan, but I did turn down dinner at my favorite Thai food place. And then I found the exact thing I would have ordered, but veganized, at Trader Joe's! Win if you ask me.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #52

Oh my gosh I just had the best vegan burger of my life. It's Trader Joe's brand, it's a vegan masala burger, made with only vegetables and Indian spices. Yum. I love the Dr. Praeger's burgers, but they didn't have the TexMex kind when I was there the other day, so I tried these and am so glad I did. Hope you are doing well!

Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #53

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

Oh! Can I join??
I've been a vegetarian for 15 years... gone vegan a few times, but it never really 'stuck'. I really want to give it another shot....

I LOVE to cook, and have a huge library of cookbooks at my house... I just got this vegan cookbook for my birthday from my mom - it's called "The 30 Minute Vegan's Taste of the East." by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray. All Asian inspired stuff - Thai, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, etc... So delicious!
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #54

S/C/G: 149/ticker/124

Height: 5ft 5"

Hey gals,
Well done on the fab decision to go vegan!!! However, I can help noticing a lot of processed 'ready' meals, burgers etc being eaten here. These things are usually LOADED with salt and sugar so be careful!!

The best (and tastiest) way to eat well as a vegan is to make big pots of curries/chilli/bolognese/stew etc and freeze the surplus in individual containers- that way you have quick and easy dinners for lazy days but more importantly you know EVERYTHING that is inside as you made it yourself. It's also much cheaper!!

Stir-fry with loads of veggies is a quick and very healthy (provided you go easy on the oil!) meal, which can be made very filling and satifying if you throw in some nuts or serve it with steamed wholegrain rice.

I've loads of recipes, if anyone wants some help PM me and I will send you some of my favourites!

Keep up the good work girlies!!!xx
bella83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #55

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

First off I want to congratulate you girls on you efforts, you rock! I have tried the vegan thing a few times and failed misserably. You guys have insiered me to to commit to a month of decreased animal consumption. I have set up a few rules for myself to aide in this. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do with some of the food I have so I will probably end up eating it. I can't give most of it away because most people I know would not want veggie burgers or Morningstar meals.

Thanks girls for providing the inspiration, I look forward to reading your future posts.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #56

I'M BACK! So sorry ladies, I have been MIA, super super busy with work and such. I am pleased to say I have gone this whole time Vegan. 8 more days!!! The funny thing is every day I'm eating vegan I say "I can't wait until I can go back to normal eating again, I'm gonna eat cheese all day long" but then at the end of the day I can't help but think about how much longer I can stay vegan. I have a feeling once this month is over I'm going to eat a few meals with dairy -especially a big ol chocolate cupcake- and then be over it. Going vegan has really helped me eat new thing. Again, Earth Fare (my new favorite store) has mock curry chicken salad. Completely vegan and to die for, tasted it today and ended up buying a half a pound.

Eating has gone very well, exercising, not so much. I've been doing Zumba here and there but not like I should be. For these last 8 days I have committed to 30 minutes of Zumba and 20 minutes of strength training/toning. I'm also trying to drink more water on a daily basis because I feel like Arnold Palmer fills the veins of my body. haha

Thanks ladies for always being here, knowing I have you all to come back and talk to really helps me a lot.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose madder View Post
Oh! Can I join??
I've been a vegetarian for 15 years... gone vegan a few times, but it never really 'stuck'. I really want to give it another shot....

I LOVE to cook, and have a huge library of cookbooks at my house... I just got this vegan cookbook for my birthday from my mom - it's called "The 30 Minute Vegan's Taste of the East." by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray. All Asian inspired stuff - Thai, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, etc... So delicious!
The more the merrier!!! I'd love to hear about some of the things you're going to be making!!!

I have complete and utter faith that you can do this! Eating vegan has completely changed my mindset!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #58

@bella83 I definitely only eat Veggie Burgers when there's nothing left for me to eat or I don't have time to prepare a meal. I not only wanted to go vegan but I wanted to stay as organic as possible. Now that you mentioned it I think I may have stir fry tomorrow. nom nom nom
Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #59

@KmbRN84 YAY! You'll do wonderfully! If you need anything shoot me a holler, I'm more than willing to let you know what has and hasn't helped me
Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #60

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

So after a day in half I have had to pass up on some pretty tempting items. My cousins birthday cake andd pretty much the entire picnic, cookies and candy brought in for a presentation. Skipping the junk is awesome, I don't need it anyways. However, the only item at the picnic that was vegan was oranges. Now, dont get me wrong I love oranges...just not as my whole dinner! I will need to plan better in the future.
Anyone know if Soda is vegan (diet dr peper, and diet root beer esp)?
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.