Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

And one thing I'd add is that if it was a compare and contrast type film, it'd be much longer than it is. I've read some of the research of both the doctors in the film and it fills hundreds if not thousands of pages. Being able to present it in a small chunk of a film is quite impressive. You'd need 20 hours or more of documentary to do a complete compare/contrast.

Also, I think we are bombarded with lots of messages for animal based diets that a fairly short film on the benefits of plant based diets wouldn't need to present the other side as the other side already presents itself pretty well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Nelie - Thanks, and I agree that it would be nearly impossible to be comprehensive. I suppose I'm asking more about tone, I think (you can probably tell I don't even know what I'm asking!). Many of the recent health-related movies I've seen or books I've read seem to take the approach of, "This is absolutely what is the best for everyone and if you don't agree you're stupid." I would much rather watch or read something that presents its material in a calm, reasoned fashion.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #18  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh, based on the books, I'd say it is calm and reasonable. Again, I can't say for certain but from what I've read it isn't 'you must do this or die' but rather 'here is what we found when we did our research and here is what happened when we put it into practice'.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote