Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/175/130

Height: 5'5

Talking New vegan chick!

Hey guys!! My name is Jess and I'm new here Just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been vegetarian for over 2 years and recently went vegan on Earth Day of this year and couldn't be happier with my transition. I haven't been sick in months, I'm more calm and feel like I'm truly making a difference.

I've fluctuated with my weight since college. I was a small, small girl growing up (started high school at 90 lbs), and when I started college I was 110lbs. But, after the freshman 15, sophomore 15, junior 15 (haha), and being diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome, I came out of college at almost 170.

I restricted my eating when I started working full time and going to grad school full time and dropped down to 130 in 2007. Since then I've ballooned back up to 185 (my highest). After going vegan and trying to eat unprocessed foods for awhile, I got down to 165....and now I'm back up to 180. Since starting to count calories last week (thanks to my sister, Creeech, who's on this forum!), I've gotten down to 175.

I just want to be healthy, strong and capable. I've started doing yoga 1-2 times a week, recently bought a bike and plan on going to the gym for cardio a few times a week. So far the calorie counting is working, but damn it's hard watching carbs as a vegan.

Anyway, that's me in a rather large nutshell. Hope to speak to you all soon
littlewords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

i'm a new vegan too
i went cold turkey and for the first 4-5 days i felt like %$#@ but, now i feel great! i am exercising and losing weight and i feel good about my choices for the sake of the animals. i am still learning since this is all so new to me. i am glad i found this forum.
jen
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  
Out is Through

Haygurl
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote