Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Default Carbs=Water Retention?

Ok, I've been dieting enough years to know that weight will fluctuate no matter how clean you've been eating. Since Sept 6, I've been following the SB diet until this past Saturday when I started eating vegan. According to the menu creating website I've been using (NutritionMD.org), My calories average 1100-1200/ day. This morning, however, I woke up and was greeted by a 1/2 lb increase in my weight. Someone in my office suggested that carbs can cause you to retain water--anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah they can make you retain water but it could be hormones as well and it could also be your glycogen stores refilling if you were eating fairly low carb levels.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  
Feeling like a Fool at 52

S/C/G: 173/ticker/133

Height: 5'1"

Just a little update--I've lost the weight I gained and I'm down another 1/2 pound; so, I'm hanging in there and really enjoying this new way of eating!
Purpleegg is offline   Reply With Quote