Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/150

Height: 5´5

Default New vegan!

Hello everyone. I have been a vegetarian for about 15 months. I have recently decided to become vegan. I read the books The kind diet and The Food Revolution and there is no turning back! I am going to go for a whole foods vegan diet, and not a vegan junk diet! And also try to watch my calories, because believe me I can gain weight even on a clean diet
I live in Iceland and am studying to become a nurse. I really want to have reached my goal weight and look great before next summer, when I´m going traveling and want to be able to wear a bikini with confidence I have a good feeling about this and I think that the support from this forum will really help Good luck to everyone on this journey to a healthier self!
icelandgirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #2  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi icelandgirl!

One other resource that I found useful was the Eat to Live program by Dr. Fuhrman. I didn't actually buy the book, I just found the guidelines posted online and used them as a basis for a balanced vegan diet. When I want to lose weight I stick to the portion/serving recommendations, and when I need a break I let myself eat a little more more of the higher-fat foods (tofu, beans, seeds, nuts).

Good luck and congrats on your decision!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/150

Height: 5´5

thanks I will check it out!
icelandgirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote