Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Soybean industry and monsano

This clip of the movie was eye opening..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX1P8...eature=related
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I don't think it is Food Inc I watched but it was a similar movie regarding Monsanto and such.

It is another reason to support Organic soy if you eat soy.

The thing is that soy beans are necessary for the current commercial meat and dairy industry as well as processed foods in general. Corn and soy are alternated because corn depletes the soil and soy restores. Then the corn and soy are used in processed foods and also fed to livestock. If people stopped eating so many processed products and factory farmed meat and dairy, then less GMO corn and soy would be farmed.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #3  
it's always something

Nelie, I have "The Future of Food" which is about Monsanto and it was very disturbing. Is that what you watched?

It's surprising how much soy we consume without realizing it. Pick up just about any product off a shelf and it has soy in some form in it.

Dr. Weil says soybean oil is rich in Omega 6 fatty acids, and the high consumption has caused a serious imbalance between our Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids. He's written many articles about it, but this article in particular lays it out well http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART02707

I guess that had nothing to do with Monsanto But it is another reason we need to be selective about our soybean consumption.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Suzanne - That is what we watched, its amazing. I had also read somewhere that most GMO soy isn't even consumed by humans but what is consumed goes mostly into processed products. Luckily, most vegetarian/vegan 'products' contain non-GMO soy. It is rare that I don't see Organic/Non-GMO slapped onto those products I do buy (such as tofu).
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote