3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/)
-   -   Scary, scary stuff (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks/201948-scary-scary-stuff.html)

MissKelly 05-15-2010 05:46 PM

Scary, scary stuff

Sent this to a friend who just enjoys packing down her body with junk. I'm hoping she will make the decision to turn things around for her health. Knowledge is power. Thought I would share it with you, as well. Hope you read it all. It's stuff most of us know, but I picked up a couple new things in it that I didn't know that just turns my stomach, quite informative.

http://tuberose.com/Fast_Food.html

Ciao 05-15-2010 11:50 PM

Wow. Just wow.

Mikan 05-17-2010 12:38 AM

After I read this I truly feel convinced that I should return to vegetarianism.

kendra 05-18-2010 06:22 PM

Thanks for sharing. That information is scary. Hope your friend listens to you and the article.

MeganTheMushroom 05-24-2010 03:50 PM

I hate fast food >:(

thecolorchangingfedo 05-25-2010 12:11 PM

The good thing about being a vegetarian is that there is very little to tempt me at fast food places anymore. . . . Even with fries, I get paranoid about what they are cooked in--so whereas I would have once chugged them down, I freak out about meat and other animal byproducts.

3FCer344892 06-25-2010 04:44 PM

Eeek!

MissKelly 06-28-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecolorchangingfedo (Post 3307251)
The good thing about being a vegetarian is that there is very little to tempt me at fast food places anymore. . . . Even with fries, I get paranoid about what they are cooked in--so whereas I would have once chugged them down, I freak out about meat and other animal byproducts.

Have you looked up on Youtube on the experiments they've done on McDonalds fries & their food? Those fries don't turn rotten...ever it seems...months & years down the road. While a normal french fry we'd make at home from a potato would sooner than later. In your life, ever notice under the passenger seat while cleaning your car...how that one lone random McDonalds fry appears as you vacuum? With no idea how long it's been there ((months? years?))...it looks like it was fried the day before.

KmbRN84 06-30-2010 11:03 AM

About fries, I read that they use beef flavoring, so they are not veg anyway.

nelie 06-30-2010 11:11 AM

Yeah, McDonald's french fries aren't vegetarian except if you live in the UK.

catowned 06-30-2010 12:58 PM

great link!:hug:

MissKelly 07-02-2010 01:52 AM

Im speaking of its decaying process ((lack of)) & its chemicals...not whether its vegetarian or not. I have friends & family who aren't vegetarian who have rode in my car ((as most or all of us have in yours)) and when I have come across a lone fry under the seat while cleaning out my car, it looks exactly like it just came out of the fryer. Seeing the old, still looking fresh/new fry roused my curiosity to look up why it still looks freshly fried. Beef flavoring is one of the least of problems in those manufactured things.

How do they make them in the UK?

souvenirdarling 07-02-2010 09:18 AM

The only downside of the article is it cites no sources. Always makes me suspicious of exaggerations. FF is pretty gross on its own without exaggerations.

My boyriend works at a McDonalds. I have to say that as a Canadian employer, they're decent, with decent wages, fair evaluations and raises and a GOOD insurance plan. 80% coverage, eyes, dentistry, medication, etc. I think no one should be on wellfare when they can get a McDos job.

nelie 07-02-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKelly (Post 3367413)
Im speaking of its decaying process ((lack of)) & its chemicals...not whether its vegetarian or not. I have friends & family who aren't vegetarian who have rode in my car ((as most or all of us have in yours)) and when I have come across a lone fry under the seat while cleaning out my car, it looks exactly like it just came out of the fryer. Seeing the old, still looking fresh/new fry roused my curiosity to look up why it still looks freshly fried. Beef flavoring is one of the least of problems in those manufactured things.

How do they make them in the UK?

They don't add beef flavoring in the UK that is all I know :) And really yes the fries are gross but since they aren't vegetarian, I don't eat them. And a lot of vegetarians eat processed stuff, I try to minimize processed stuff myself but that doesn't mean all vegetarians do.

candy love 07-02-2010 10:54 AM

I don't eat fast food anymore anyways, never really did actually :/ the only thing that would have effected me was the caffein thing, i love my coffee, i always will :D I'm all about being healthy but I will never turn into a health nut altogether