Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5 2

Exclamation Needing some help

Ok so i was a vegetarian for over a year then i was told by my drs that i need some form of protein so i went back to eating chicken and fish.. Ok yeah i really dont want to eat that cause i really dont like meat. any suggestions and I am trying to stay on an 1100 calorie diet any suggestions on how i can come up with a meal plan keeping with in my calorie in take.
ladonna1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/162.8/130

Height: 5'5"

I would check out some meatless products, such as Morningstar Farms, Boca, Gardenburger, and Nasoya lite tofu for some protein. Most of their burgers are around 100 calories. But if you still need more, maybe look into some protein shakes? After workouts I sometimes make a shake with ice, soy milk, a banana, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder which has about 19g of protein per scoop.
faeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

First of all, I'm not vegetarian, but I do eat mostly veg.

What about eggs, cheese, yogurt, beans, nuts, nut butters and quinoa?

Do your doctors not understand that there is protein in all vegetables and grains as well? It's a small amount, but still. Or do you have some sort of need for a lot of protein?

Also, 1100 calories seems a low place to start. Granted I don't know all your details and that may be fine for you, but for most people it's impossible to get all the nutrients you need for less than 1200 calories per day (IMHO 1500 is better.)

I have a vegan co-worker who was on a high protein diet for awhile and she ate a lot of soup with TVP chunks in it. I don't know if you have any problems with soy, but that might be an option.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5 2

I am a heart transplant patient and I hate eating LOL so thats why they put my calorie in take 1100.. so just trying to figure out an diet plan on my own here other then the ones they came up with
ladonna1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Got it! Whatever you decide, I'd make sure you run it by your doctor or a nutritionist. Maybe your doctor could recommend a nutritionist that can help you to achieve a healthy vegetarian diet for your circumstances?
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote