3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Vegetarian Chicks

Eat to Live-Dr. Fuhrman 6 week challenge

Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #46

S/C/G: 222/ticker/122

Height: 5'4''

Hmm, anyway this thread can get active again? I was on ETL a year ago, lost a good amount of weight, then fell off. I have my wedding to get ready for. I GOTTA do it this time! Starting tomorrow! How's everyone doing on it?

Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HormonalChicks

Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #47
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I plan on starting tomorrow.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:25 AM   #48
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

is anyone still doing this? i've tried in the past but it was really hard to keep with the exact plan.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #49

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm not following it exactly, but I have cut out almost all dairy and meat and drastically reduced most grains except oatmeal. I've been eating a ton of salad, fruit, and legumes. It helped get me out of a plateau and I have a ton of energy.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone else who is trying this out.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #50

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I hadn't heard of this until randomly running across this thread today. It is very interesting! I would be willing to try it and see if it can help me get past this 2 month plateau I've been on. I may run out to the bookstore today and see if I can pick up this book.

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey : 12-11-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: I can't spell this morning
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #51
Yogini

Courtney, this website outlines the plan pretty well. But the book is tiny paperback so will only set you back 8 bucks probably.

http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/01...e-6-week-plan/
Old 12-12-2010, 02:14 AM   #52
Let's do this!

why is snacking not allowed?

i dont remember reading that you cannot snack in the book, but i see it listed on the fat free vegan wesbite.

what is your take on this ?

btw, i didnt start it yet.... Is it possible to follow the food plan and then just add a couple protein shakes into the mix? I have like 4 canisters of protein... that's 150$ worth that i certainly dont want to go to waste! 2 whey protein, 1 casein, and 1 veg. !!

Last edited by TempleBody : 12-12-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #53
Yogini

@temple, the stuff I've read online about the snacking is when you stop doing it it "reprograms your metabolism." I read some articles from him that your hunger isn't real, it's "toxic hunger" and your body is burning up toxins or something.

I think it's all nonsense and in no way believe this to be true. But that said, not snacking is probably just a good way to get used to what hunger feels so you can tell if your body is hungry or you are just used to eating at that time.

I wonder the protein powder thing too...I think the ETL plan is a good starting plan but would want to modify it a bit for myself, personally.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #54
Let's do this!

I find when I don't snack, I go nuts and eat too much at my next meal.

So, far I haven't started the plan. I realized I had way too much meat and eggs to start it entirely, but i've been adding some green smoothies and lots of greens.

i think ya have to learn alot of recipes to stay satisfied ... or perhaps thats a matter readjusting the tastebuds as well...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #55

Well, I bought the book and read it. There was a TON of great information about how the body and nutrition worked together, why diets like Atkins and the Zone don't work in the long term, and why fresh veggies are so much better for the body than meat and dairy. I am starting the plan today.

Also, on 12/17/2010 I went to the doctor. My blood pressure is high. It always is. Rather than put me on meds, he asked me to try this diet and see how it affected my blood pressure. He says he's seen other patients have success with this. So, I guess you could say I am under doctor's orders to try this diet and see how my body works while on it! Cool!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #56

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

It's awesome that not only had your doctor heard of this book, but also that he encouraged you to try it rather than just push the meds right away! Be sure to keep us updated

Last edited by cheryl126 : 12-19-2010 at 11:49 AM.
cheryl126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #57
Yogini

Courtney, that's awesome your doctor was up for you trying this!!!

Please let us know how it goes for you. As I said, I had a hard time sticking to it in the past and would love to try it again or at least adopt my eating to be more along the lines of less grains/processed foods and based on fruits/veggies/beans.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:43 PM   #58

Thanks folks! I definitely will let you know how it goes.

Right now I am cooking butternut squash in the oven. I'm making butternut squash soup to have with my salad tonight at dinner. Breakfast today was an apple and a bowl of oatmeal (with no added sugar...which was tough). Plain oatmeal isn't the best tasting thing in the world. Maybe over time I will crave the sugars less and eating oatmeal without sugar will be easier. Only time will tell. For lunch today my husband and father-in-law wanted to go out. We went to Ruby Tuesdays and I got the salad bar. I had two plates of salad with spring greens, edamame, chickpeas, carrots, banana peppers, black olives, zucchini, sunflower seeds, broccoli, peas, and topped it with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was surprisingly filling and satisfying. I drank two glasses of water with lunch as well. Dinner tonight will be some steamed broccoli, butternut squash soup, and a salad. Not sure yet what I will be putting in my salad yet. I have to go see what I want to put in there.

So far, so good. I do have a very mild headache today. It's probably a result of not having a ton of sugar and refined carbs in my system. The book mentioned that folks often do have withdrawal symptoms for a week or so while transitioning to this style of eating. The headache isn't bad enough to inhibit me in any way. It's just a very mild annoyance right now.

Oh man, I smell that butternut squash roasting in the oven. It smells like heaven! YUM!!! I can't want to make the soup!

Old 12-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #59
Yogini

CourtneyDaisy, I sometimes cook the oatmeal with a banana to sweeten it. I also use stevia sometimes, which probably isn't part of ETL, but is all natural with zero calories, so I wouldn't think it would hurt your progress.

Good for you eating salad while out to dinner! I love the Ruby Tuesday's salad bar.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #60
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

I cook steel cut oatmeal (with cinnamon) in a small crockpot overnight for me and my husband and add cooked apples (also with cinnamon) to the bowl. Very easy and delicious. I was eating a big bowl of cut up fruit for breakfast but my triclycerides went way up so I've cut back on fruit consumption.

sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.