Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 192/168/140

wife2abadge--It can be hard to have to cook other things for family but you can stay on your program. Today is my 5th day and I made it--

I also wanted to say often before I was married, I'd make something vegetarian and just not tell my sisters that it wasn't meat in the dish. They never knew the difference. (I used vege meat) If I had of said something, they would not have eaten it but stuck their noses up in the air...lol. They still don't know it to this day how much I did this!!

Actually with my program I think my biggest problem is I get so hungry. My salad sticks with me about 2 hours if I'm lucky!! But today I put beans on top of my lettuce, and it stayed with me for 4 hours!! So I'm improving and learning....

QuiltDiva--how are you doing?
Breezy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #152  

Hanging in there. Could be better - could be worse. Had cereal for breakfast - it is fast before church. For lunch we went to Moe's and I had their salad - with black beans, mushrooms, onions, black olives, salsa and cilantro on it. It was quite tasty!

~ QD
QuiltDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #153  

YUM--your salad sounds so good. I love having salad alone for one meal because it can be made in so many different ways. I'm probably going to get creative before long---but I know I'll get in ruts too with just using my favorites...

Today went very well considering I made a big "mexican" meal for "dads day." My DD really enjoyed it. We had Cheese enchiladas, spanish rice, tossed green salad, steamed broccoli. For dessert we had Mexican Wedding Cakes. (All favs of my DD)

So of course No cookies or enchiladas for me--lol. Didn't even miss it.

Our two kids/grandkids were all here!!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #154  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Breezy -- you need some protein and fat on your salad to make it stick. If I haven't yet had my ground flaxeed, I sprinkle it on my salad. I always have 1/2c beans (pinto, black, garbanzo, etc) on it also -- and avocado or 1/2oz walnuts. That way, I stay satisfied for several hours.
wife2abadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #155  

thanks wife2--I am realizing this more and more that I need something on my salad that will stick with me. Last salad had some sliced almonds on it and the day before I threw in a few peanuts for something weird. It actually tasted pretty good.

but I still think the beans are the best to add to my salads.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #156  

I agree with Susan - we need some nuts or seeds during our day. And that cup of beans.

Do either of you have any recipes for a healthy salad dressing?

Thinking about starting a blog today......

Quilt Diva
Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #157  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Caesar Salad Dressing 1
Casinera

Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
4 - 8 cloves garlic, roasted *
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/2 cup cashew butter
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions:
Roast garlic, then blend all ingredients together.

* To roast garlic; break the cloves apart. Leave the papery skins
on. Roast at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until mushy. When cool, remove skins.

Yield: 2 cups
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
ETLex: 1 serving nuts
wife2abadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #158  

Wow, thanks wife2 for that recipe!! I just copied it.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies. I'm on day 2 of the 6 week challenge. I'm modifying just a tiny bit, I had bran cereal with 1% milk and a cup of blueberries for breakfast. I can give up coffee, tea, meat, bread but giving up that bowl of cereal in the morning is a toughie. I was looking around for any ETL recipes, have you found any on this site? BTW, I love the sounds of that Caesar salad dressing, wife2. Yummy!!

Nora
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #160  

Same with me Nora--I like that bowl of cereal in the mornings. I've realized I need to tweek things in order to fit my lifestyle and yet keep my weight down. Might take some juggling to do but you can do it!!

I am doing a combination of Fuhrman/McDougall and trying to eat as healthy as possible. But my program is more like Weight watchers actually as I allow a very small amount of fat. Also 1 egg a week if I want it--which has happened only once in the last 2 weeks.

While doing this program, I eat only a salad for either Lunch or Dinner, usually lunch. Within the first 8 days I lost 3 1/2 pounds. Since I am weighing only once a month, this has encouraged me that this program is working and to stick with it.

Go for it Nora--we can do this!

Last edited by Breezy10; 06-27-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Breezy, thanks for that encouragement... you are very kind. I'm on day 3 and I'm down an incredible 7 pounds. Except for my morning bowl of cereal, i'm sticking to the diet. Woo Hoooo!!!!
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #162  

I have a hard time giving up my cereal, too. Occasionally I crave a bowl of Cheerios and some almond milk.

Keep it up, Nora. Those who stick to ETL have great weight loss. Have you ever read Emily Broller's transformation story? Really inspiring!

~ Quilt Diva
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #163  

Susan - Your Caesar Dressing sounds awesome! I so need a good home made dressing to use! I keep using store bought dressings and don't like all the chemicals I know are in there.

~ Quilt Diva
Old 06-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #164  

WOW Nora--down 7 pounds already? That's great--keep it up. Don't stop.

What I have a hard time with is emotional eating--happy/sad/upset or too busy/too tired--whatever the reason I will eat....but I am determined to stay on my program!!

We are in strawberry season right now and they are really good this year. In another week my MOST FAVORITE fruit will be ready to pick--blueberries. I can hardly wait. Last year I ordered ten pounds to put in the freezer and ended up eating them ALL. YES--all of them. They are wonderful on cold cereal on a hot morning. lol I absolutely love them!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #165  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

I think I am going to try this plan again next week. I did it for 4 days a few months ago and lost much more than usual, but ended up feeling pretty ill. I don't think I was eating enough, so I will allow myself more beans or something. I also need some new recipes, because I was eating some pretty boring salads! I want to lose as much weight as I can before school starts.

Last edited by Astrild; 07-29-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote