3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Vegetarian Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/)
-   -   To much energy, can't sleep! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks/177805-much-energy-cant-sleep.html)

GypsyLove 07-29-2009 12:14 AM

To much energy, can't sleep!

Did anyone else here have this problem when first going vegan? It's great that I have more energy during the day but after a full day of work, then hitting the gym right after, then stopping home for maybe an hour before going back out to pick up my sister from work and finally getting home at about 11pm I should be exhausted. I'm not though I'm wired. Well actually I'm tired and wired at the same time it's a really weird feeling and I don't know how else to explain it. I had 1 cup of coffee first thing this morning but after that no caffeine. I limit my sugar at night too. I even tried a nice cup of chamomile tea but no luck. Is this normal? Will it pass? I know in the morning I will be soooo tired if I don't get to sleep soon so I hope this doesn't last to long. :?:

Fat Chick B Gone 07-29-2009 01:44 PM

I don't recall feeling like I had too much energy? I'd take a look at your diet more closely. Also possible it's just from being what sounds like a really busy person. I know I have trouble going to sleep when I work out at night or have very busy days.

Michelle125 07-29-2009 02:27 PM

I'm there right now. I'm on the Eat to Live plan by Dr. Fuhrman and I'm going to bed at 12 or 1 and am up naturally at 5:45-6:30, which is something I NEVER did. I was always tired before this plan. I just spring out of bed now. I don't feel run down, so I guess it's healthy :) Do you feel run down in the morning from it?

mandalinn82 07-29-2009 02:30 PM

When I worked out after work, I always had trouble sleeping. I pretty much have to do my exercise before 3pm, or I'll be awake half of the night. It may be that this is what's happening to you.

GypsyLove 07-29-2009 09:59 PM

On the days that I can't sleep I'm always exhausted the next morning. I've always been a busy person and always go to the gym right after work. The only thing that has changed is going from omni to vegan. I'm going on my 4th week of being vegan now I think and the to much energy problem started when I changed my diet. I havn't been having any problems sticking with it, I don't even miss meat or dairy products. Maybe I just have to get used to it?

Fat Chick B Gone 08-03-2009 12:29 PM

Could be the types of foods. More whole, non processed foods could be giving your body the energy it should have. How's it going now?

GypsyLove 08-05-2009 08:43 PM

Getting better actually, thanks for checking up on me! :) I think I just wasn't used to having the extra energy and now I'm kind of learning how to better use it through the day this way at night I'm not as wide awake. I think I'll be back to normal in another week.