Spices for veggies

• So, I find that I like vegetables more and more. Lately, I like to cook the frozen veggie bags but I'm getting bored with the spices I put on them. I normally boil them with a cube of maggie and/or add paprika, garlic salt and ground cumin. What spices do you use to season your vegetables? I'm thinking that I won't get bored of eating like this if I have diversity in the kind of spices I use.

Thank you!

P.S. If there is a thread about this already, can someone please point it out for me?
  • I usually use garlic powder, basil, oregano, and a little salt.
  • I like things spicy! One I use is Webers Montreal Spicy Steak Seasoning and another I use is McCormicks Garlic Pepper Grinders. I used to not care for veggies much, but this got me eating and loving veggies!
  • It depends on the veggie, but one of my standbys is a sprinkle of garlic powder and a spritz of lemon or lime juice. So yummy and no butter required!
  • Fresh basil with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on tomatoes. Yum.
  • Aged sherry vinegar or aged balsamic drizzled over roasted veggies are soooo good, and I don't need a drop of salt.
  • I steam vegetables and give them a squeeze of lemon and some freshly cracked pepper.

I make a lot of spice mixes and use them: Julia Child spice, garlic-herb spice, Greek seasoning mix, Italian seasoning mix, garam masala.

I also roast vegetables in a little olive oil and some balsamic vinegar.
  • I think the key for me is getting fresh local veggies. I go to the farmer's market and pick up fresh veggies and I can throw a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper and either stir fry or throw on the grill and they are delicious.
  • All veggies are delicious with soy sauce and sesame oil - yum!!

Also, get some garam masala and sprinkle it on whatever.