Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #76  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammay View Post
Hi all!
Well, today did not start out on a positive note. I planned on getting up at 9 a.m. (I work from home, so my hours are set by me and no one else ) but ended up sleeping in until 11
I can't even begin to quantify my jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgirl737 View Post
I went to the neurologist yesterday and she told me NO MORE OVERNIGHTS!!!
Oh that is good news! I once worked 3rd shift and was constantly a zombie - not for me at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKpea3241 View Post
Heyy girls!!
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger175 View Post
So today has been a fairly good day so far. I've been trying to watch what I'm eating more and I played DDR for about 45 minutes.
Dee
DDR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRn View Post
I picked up Eat to Live yesterday, has anyone read it?
I do need to read this one even though I already firmly believe in both the ethics and health benefits of a vegan diet. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkate View Post
i'm not specifically anything yet, i'm just working on reducing animal products in my diet.
Nothing wrong with that When I first went vegan I spent way too much money thinking I had to have all this specialty stuff - you'll figure it out. For example one of the Smart Balance butters (sorry can't remember which one right this sec) that's found in regular grocery stores is vegan. Now my grocery bill (unless I buy oodles of fake meat stuff or sheese) is way lower then it ever was pregan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmagill View Post
Im doing E2L rightnow, but Im having a heard time with the limiting grains as much as it says.
Erm this would not work for me!

Hey girls! It feels so so so good to be back OP and exercising again. I hate that I basically took a few months off but I guess sometimes you just need to rejuvenate. Have a good day all!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #77  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

Good morning! Hope you all have a great day!
I just ran a few laps around my neighborhood and feeling great!

DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) is the game where you have a mat with arrows on it and you step on the corresponding arrow when it hits the top of the screen.
It's one of my favorite games!

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-07-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Skinny Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Now my grocery bill (unless I buy oodles of fake meat stuff or sheese) is way lower then it ever was pregan.
Pregan ... cute But if you're not careful, you're going to start rumors that your preggers
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #79  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Pregan ... cute But if you're not careful, you're going to start rumors that your preggers

Worst. Nightmare. Ever.

It's a term from the veganfreak podcasts/forums. It's amazing how we start using words and don't really think about it.

DDR -Ahhhhh. I've only done it in an arcade setting and I sucked major. I can definitely see how that would be a killer workout!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #80  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
DDR -Ahhhhh. I've only done it in an arcade setting and I sucked major. I can definitely see how that would be a killer workout!

Yeah, it's pretty hard. Especially at first
It took me about a year to get off beginner, and now I've been on light/standard mode for about 2 1/2 years. Course my mat broke so I went a few months without it, and procrastinating took away some practice time, too.

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-07-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Skinny Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #81  

Height: 5'2''

Yeah DDR is great Today my sister and I played for 2.5 hours. We were both sweaty and ravished by the time we stopped. We just kept switching back and forth and trying to beat the challenges. I can do pretty well on the beginner mode and ok on the basic mode (I mostly get "D"s though on basic) But it also has a workout mode that I tried yesterday, which tells you how many calories you burn. The version I have is for the wii so you have to use both your feet and your arms (a lot of shaking) and today my arms are sore lol. I need to pack for moving to school but I want to play so I keep procrastinating packing.

I really like the term pregan

I've done well with my eating/exercising the last 2 days despite eating out a couple times. For lunch I went to a thai restaurant with my sister and had a tofu and mixed veggie stir fry (i need to cook tofu!) and for dinner we went to an authentic mexican restaurant and I had mixed veggie fajitas.

Hope everything is going well for everyone!

Dee
tigger175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #82  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hello all Remember tomorrow is weigh in.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

Im so excited for weigh in! Ive finally broke my plateau.
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #84  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Way to go Erin!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #85