Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #31  

Well, I was scared to get on the scale today!!! But I did it. And it was just as bad as I expected. So...

SW-219.5
Valentines Day goal-213
St. Patricks Day goal-208

I'm going to try for just one pound a week. I don't know if I feel too pressured to lose more or what, but I think one pound a week will be manageable between small changes in my diet and regular exercise.

Welcome JackieRN and Dancermom1023-Glad to see you over here!

Erin-you are an inspiration! I know you've been battling a plateau for a while, but you've lost 50 lbs, and with a new baby! I don't know much about kids, but I do know that babies take up a lot of time, so I'm really impressed that you find time to eat right and exercise. Erin, I don't work and as I said, have no kids, and I don't make the time to exercise and eat right. Be proud of yourself!!

Quillie-have you checked out the McDougall message board? They have a lot of information, recipes, etc.

haleygirl-I will gain a bunch of water weight overnight if I eat something with a lot of sodium the night before. Could that be it?

Everyone else, good job on your goals! I say we make this the year we lose the weight, and this time next year we'll just have to worry about maintenance!

Anyway, I'm going to my mom's house today and we're going for a walk. She has a side business of dog sitting in her home and right now she has the cutest dog. He's a 130 lb. Swiss Mountain dog and I just love him, so we're going to take him for a walk. Then I'm going to go grocery shopping and stock up on some healthy foods.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #32  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Thank you for your weigh ins so far! For everyone else TODAY IS WEIGH IN!

So the last month or so I've been doing HORRIBLY. I am a binge eater and unfortunately have resulted back to eating way to dang much. I'm upset with myself for always turning back. I keep thinking when I move (March) then I'll start new things and try harder, but I know I need to figure something out before then. I'm 180 as of today, which is a ten pound gain since our Thanksgiving challenge
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Billie (zinke) and Skinny Teen – Welcome back 

Dee – I’m glad your family was so kind and helpful about everything!

Jackie – Welcome! I’m so glad you’re going to try veganism. I’m amazed almost daily by how happy I am with my decision! I used to eat Kashi go Lean also but gave it up because of the honey. If you have a Trader Joe’s try their Golden Flax or Health Valley’s Golden Flax, I found them somewhat similar.

Haley – Oh so sorry! I hope everything works out for the best for your daughter. Be sure to take care of yourself. You don’t gain 5lbs overnight! You may bloat five pounds, drink your water and it’ll be back down.

Erin – I love your red hair!

Darby – you and me both on the weigh-ins. I think we’ve both been hovering around the same area for a while – time to get under 200!! I love big dogs (mine is around 145lbs) have fun today!

Jill – hang in there. I’m a binger also and it’s so hard to overcome. The only thing that seems to help is that when I feel bingy (you know that feeling!) is to stop and journal for a bit first. It doesn’t always help but it does most of the time. Hang in there girly. Where are you moving to?

I’m doing Wed. weigh-ins for the BL challenge and was at 212.6 this Wednesday. I’m starting this challenge at 212, woosh down a bit already!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #34  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

Darby1-ya i really need to keep track of my sodium and plus i know that sometimes when u go from no activity to activity that can make you retain also cause the past 2 days ive been doing 45 min of cardio kickboxing and 30 min of weights so im just going to keep it up

Fat Chick B Gone-thanks, it's been just her and i for the past 4 years, she's happy...i guess if he has changed then it's not so bad as long as he keeps going to visits consistently...i know when i see him in court im going to be shaking and crying though, i just want to get tuesday over with!

Last edited by Haley8203; 01-02-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #35  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I am up to 272 today...not sure why I have been at 267 the past few days. I did eat Chinese fried rice last night take out so maybe the MSG or sodium did it.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #36  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
SHANANIGANS... Congrats on your first marathon!!
Thanks! It's a half-marathon though, at this point I'd probably need way more than 6 months to train for a full marathon! Although, if this goes well I might consider it for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1 View Post
Anyway, I'm going to my mom's house today and we're going for a walk. She has a side business of dog sitting in her home and right now she has the cutest dog. He's a 130 lb. Swiss Mountain dog and I just love him, so we're going to take him for a walk.
I'm jealous, I'm such a fan of huge dogs! The rescue we foster for adopted out a rhodesian ridgeback recently and just got an english mastiff. Unfortunatly our homeowner's association has a 35 lb limit for dogs. We stretch the rule a little, we've fostered dogs around 50-ish and our dog is 47, but I think someone might notice if we brought a 100lb + dog home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
I used to eat Kashi go Lean also but gave it up because of the honey. If you have a Trader Joe’s try their Golden Flax or Health Valley’s Golden Flax, I found them somewhat similar.
I used to have the regular Kashi GoLean almost every day and had the darndest time trying to find something I liked to replace it. I buy Nature's Path Flax Plus now (also at TJ's), it's great. During the winter I also like oatmeal (the hardy steel-cut stuff) for breakfast, nice change sometimes.

Weigh in this AM was 182. Blah, couple pounds of NYE and the resulting hangover day bloat there. On the bright side I got 4 runs and my yoga class in this week.

Last edited by shananigans; 01-02-2009 at 12:30 PM.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananigans View Post
I'm jealous, I'm such a fan of huge dogs! The rescue we foster for adopted out a rhodesian ridgeback recently and just got an english mastiff. Unfortunatly our homeowner's association has a 35 lb limit for dogs. We stretch the rule a little, we've fostered dogs around 50-ish and our dog is 47, but I think someone might notice if we brought a 100lb + dog home.

I used to have the regular Kashi GoLean almost every day and had the darndest time trying to find something I liked to replace it. I buy Nature's Path Flax Plus now (also at TJ's), it's great. During the winter I also like oatmeal (the hardy steel-cut stuff) for breakfast, nice change sometimes.

I have an English Mastiff - love love love them! She wasn't a rescue (looonnnngg story) but I've been keeping my eye out for another one from a rescue. It's not quite the right time yet, but getting there.

Thanks, I'll try that next time I go to TJs. I just dropped $100 earlier this week at the store so I should be good to go for a while!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #38