Old 08-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #1  

Default Tofu SOS

Hello everyone!

I need some help. I got a great deal at the market the other day on a package of soft (silken) tofu. I normally use firm but never soft. I must say I truly LOVE tofu. Which is a testament that I'm on the road back to being a vegetarian in some form or another. In any case, I bought it since it was a steal and with the economy as it is, whatever.

I've checked many places for recipes with the soft tofu. I have tons with firm, medium, etc. but that's it. I've even checked on this site. I've found a few I like online, which pretty much consists of dips, smoothies, spreads and sauces.

So far, I think I'm going to make a spinach dip with it. Especially since I have all the ingredients readily available. I so LOVE spinach dip but haven't had it with the tofu. I'm leaning towards a smoothie as well.

Please share what you've done with soft (silken) tofu. You all are very creative and I'd love to try something that you guys post.

TIA!!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: (Preg 205)/163/150/140

Height: 5' 6"

Not a big fan of tofu, but made this and the whole family loved it! This was from Prevention Magazine 7 years ago....

Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse

12 ox. silken tofu
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c. peanut butter
pinch of salt
2 Tblsp vanilla soy milk

Place all ingredients in a food processor, slowly drizzling in the soy milk. Blend until smmoth.

Spoon into 5 dishes and refrigerate. Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.

Per 1/2 c serving 252 cal, 11 g pro, 34 g carb, 11 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 4 g mono, 0 chol, 1 g fiber, 151 mg sodium
get fit in ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #3  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

I love these mini tofu quiches.

If you spray your tin with cooking spray and lightly coat with bread crumbs it makes a quick crust for these.

Last edited by shananigans; 08-01-2008 at 10:59 PM.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #4  

Thanks guys!
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #5  

An update:

I made spinach and artichoke dip with the tofu. It came out absolutely delish! I served it with fresh veggies and whole wheat chips.

My husband loved it so much. I didn't tell him it was made with tofu until later. He even used it as a filling for his whole wheat tortilla wraps.

Thanks again for all your ideas.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

What was your recipe for spinach dip?

Randi
I'm a WILL BE..not a wanna be!

I'm joining my 1st 3FC 5k!
!Go Veggies!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #7  

Hi AthleticWillBe:

I did a Google search for spinach dip made with soft tofu. Unfortunately,I don't remember which one I used. It included using a 10 ounce package of frozen spinach,tofu, sour cream and green onions. I seasoned to my taste. The recipe I used didn't call for artichokes but I had a jar or 2 in my cabinet and decided to add it as I LOVE spinach/artichoke dip.

Wish I could be more help as to what I did. It just slips my mind. Isn't that how all great recipes are created? You just add a little of your own flavor to make the masterpiece of your choice.

Good luck if you decide to make it. Be sure to share with us what ya do.