Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #1  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Cool Viviscal ??

Hi all :

I am posting this question here, perhaps because many of you are a bit more supplement saavy and may have some thoughts on this for me.

2 years ago I experienced a lot of trauma, one after another. I had a bout of double pneumonia, surgery, a 40 pound weight loss in 3 months, separation from a family member and the start of menopause !! Yikes.

I started noticing the part in the middle of my scalp getting increasinlgy wider and just generally seeing more and more scalp. I tried upping my protein, taking supplements for hair loss, biotin in particular, started taking iron........nothing worked. While I was in England a couple of months ago I saw an advert for a product called Viviscal. Very very pricey, 300 bucks for an 8 month supply, and I reseached it well on the internet, and the general consensus was that it was fairly effective, but of course there were some people who said it was worthless.
I took a chance and ordered them. I know it has marine products in there which is conflicting with my new found veganism but the money is spent now.
Wondering if anybody has tried this product or know somebody who has and the opinion of it. I am at the end of my second month with them and honestly I see no change whatsoever, but the box does say it must be taken for 6 consecutive months.
Did I just blow 300 bucks ???

Thanks !!
FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

I don't know anything about this particular product (other than the mixed reviews I saw when I just googled it), but I wouldn't think that any vitamin product would reverse or reduce hair loss unless the hair loss was being caused by a vitamin deficiency.
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never heard of it.

I believe you said you currently don't have medical insurance?

I had alopecia as a teen (mostly due to stress) and a dermatologist prescribed some topical ointment that worked wonders. I can't remember the name though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #4  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Unhappy

Perhaps I made a terrible error and not immediately either going to an endocrinologist or dermatogist as soon as the problem was no longer deniable.

I had great health insurance then ( GHI ) and only had a $ 10 co-pay. Now of course I am jobless and insuranceless so now not an option at all.

I could kick myself, as now the problem is 2 years old and may never be able to be reversed. I hate the thought of having to either wear a scarf or wig.

I guess now that the money has been spent already, I will just take the tablets until they run out in February. As soon as I get situated again, I suppose I will go to a Dr and see if there is any hope left.

Thank you for your thoughts !!

FairyVickie is offline   Reply With Quote