Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM   #46  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Tam, I'm the same way with a diet that is too restrictive. It drives me to binge because I think of all the things I "can't" have. Right now I am just working on cutting out all meats and not buying dairy, that's step one. Step two will be cutting all diary out like not getting cheese on things when I eat out or at family dinners. And the last step will be moving from using a lot of meat replacement products to only using them occasionally and eating mostly whole foods.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 AM   #47  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a raw vegan now nor do I ever expect I will be. (I love cooked beans WAY too much) My goal right now though is to include a lot more raw items into my diet. I've begun growing sprouts and really enjoy those. I am favoring raw veggies over cooked while still eating some cooked.

When I first tried to incorporate more raw foods into my diet, I did go a little crazy and started binging. It was crazy. Now it is a bit different I also just generally enjoy experimenting with food.

I can also say that I enjoy food now more than I ever have. I love vegan food
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #48  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Wow, it is so good to see some more vegans on this board! I haven’t been hanging out here too much lately. I don’t have as much time to “play” online as I once used to, and I’ve found myself a home on a couple vegan forums where I usually hang out when I do have time (including the PPK, they're great!). They have little health and fitness corners, as well as news, chat, politics, food, etc from a vegan perspective. When I have no other vegans in my life it is nice to belong to at least a virtual community of vegans!

I have been vegetarian for 14 years, vegan leaning for the last 2 or so, and all vegan all the time since Jan 1 this year. It’s awesome, had I known giving up cheese and declining food in social situations wouldn’t be as bad as I feared, I think I would have done it sooner!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: 5'10"

Default Holy complicated posting, Batman!!

Hi, guys

My name is Becky and I tried to post you several websites with vegan recipes on them, but because I only joined three fat chicks on Wednesday and only have six posts, they won't let me include links, no matter how I disguise them

Then I tried to PM the OP with the links and I have to have 10 posts to send a PM.

BWA HA HA HA HA

obviously you'll just have to go out and find the cooking sites yourself or I'm going to have to get much wordier much quicker!!

Well, in 25 posts or so, I'll let you know.
BeckyC104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: 5'10"

Default ooohhh

I'm up to seven posts with that last one ... and I guess this one makes eight, eh? I'm getting all Giddy.

I'm sorry, I'll stop now.
BeckyC104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:11 PM   #51  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Im in your shoes exactly. I have been meat free for a total of 9 months, EXCEPT SHRIMP. I intend to give up shrimp within the next week. I cant seem to give up cheese!! I want to so bad but it is so hard haveing to cook for your family who are avid meat eaters.

I would love to share tips and stuff.......count me in!!! By the way, I am doing it for the animals, not health reasons. I love animals and want to do all I can while I am on this earth for them.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #52  
Trying so hard....

I didnt know Honey was made cruelly.......no more honey!!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #53  
Trying so hard....

Ya know, I feel so alone sometimes when it comes to vegetarianism and veganism. When i tell people I am transitioning into veganism, they just look at me weird as I explain it. NOBODY in my family or my husbands family is vegetarian, NOBODY at work, and it just gets frustrating sometimes being the only one. But I decided to make this change for the animals. So I have to keep going because of them. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #54  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Hey Mug! I switched to vegan just about a month ago and it's been fabulous! I really can't say enough good stuff about it. I'm living according to my personal beliefs, I'm learning more about nutrition then I ever thought I would know and my health is most certainly improving!

Cheese - I would never have believed this if someone had told me before I switched but after about a week and a half you don't crave it anymore. Read up on the dairy industry and that'll likely kill your cravings on the spot!

Family and Friends - I'm pretty lucky and most are supportive but they can be weird about it. I've found stating what I will and will not consume, wear or use in a nice, polite yet firm way is the best approach. Unfortunatly some will try to disuase you but arm yourself with knowledge and you'll be fine.

Your Health - Read some books, surf the net but make sure you're getting all your protein, vitamins and minerals.

Ask questions!! I hope you switch over as it's been a very positive experience for me. Threre are people on here that have been doing it much longer and can answer pretty much any questions you have!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote