Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #16  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine987 View Post
I consider fish an animal product and do not eat any. Is someone a vegetarian if they eat fish?
Vegetarians may or may not eat animal products such as eggs, milks, honey and other bee products. Vegetarians don't eat animal flesh or other parts of animals (think gelatin).

You are right to consider fish an animal product, because it is! Fish is "meat" just as any other flesh is. Fish are animals, they are alive, bleed and die just as any other animal in the animal kingdom.

Last edited by SoulBliss; 09-23-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #17  

I think that's true witchy. I have a friend who doesn't eat mammals....she thinks eating within your own species is weird, doesn't eat red meat or milk, but she does eat (wild caught) fish and (free range) poultry however. She's happy and healthy and skinny I must say! Everybody has to put these things through their own filter.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:27 AM   #18  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari View Post
What do I buy for snacks? What do I use instead of chicken broth (does veggie broth work as well)? Is rice/soy milk appropriate for my children?
Altari, have you checked out any of the links? As far as snacks and foods are concerned, fruits, veggies (and things to dip them in) sandwiches, wraps, smoothies, frozen smoothies as popsicles, cereals, pasta, soups and so on are all great foods for any one, regardless of age.

Veggie broth makes delicious soups and grains. I just made quinoa with veggie broth today and it is so flavorful!

Soy and rice milk may be very appropriate for your children- check with your doctor or nutritionist and show him/her the nutrients they have. When compared side by side, soy milk and cow milk can have very similar nutritional profiles. Experiment and find one they like!

Best of luck
Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #19  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8-EEE View Post
I have a friend who doesn't eat mammals....she thinks eating within your own species is weird, doesn't eat red meat or milk, but she does eat (wild caught) fish and (free range) poultry however. She's happy and healthy and skinny I must say! Everybody has to put these things through their own filter.
I think it's great that she has found a diet that works for her! That doesn't change the fact that those foods are not vegetarian foods.

I say, eat what you like, and makes you feel great, but please call it what it truly is to avoid confusion.

I am one veg*n who is tired of people offering me non-veg food because "Oh, I know vegetarians who eat (insert flesh here)!" . No, you don't know vegetarians who eat (insert flesh here), vegetarians don't eat ANY animal, land, sea or sky!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #20  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree Im getting sick of people trying to get me to eat non veg foods too.
I also hate to find out that something I just ate had some sort of meat prodcut in it, i.e. sauces It make me sick and angry. I just found out that a dipping sauce I had been eating had animal fat in it! I will never ever ever order it again! Its hard to be extremely diligent especially when dining out!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #21