Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #16  

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Screw up, as in, eat? So you start your fast. You "mess up" and break the fast. To punish yourself you start the fast over. So essentially you are admitting that you are going to train your body to live off of no food.

You have also been living off of a 500 cal/day diet and set a goal of 6 hours of exercise a day. It is just not reasonable to believe that this is a good plan. Please consider talking to someone about this.
no, i said if i screw up the plan during maintenance, then i will start over. if i screw up during juice fast, i exercise a couple more hours and continue.

i just dont think my plans are so serious that i need to talk to someone asap. it can wait until im ready
Old 08-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #17  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin View Post
Most people on hear are just like me. DOing it for appearance and confidence
If you are doing this particular plan for vanity, you are going against its intended purpose.

I just do not appreciate a school of thought I believe in used in this way.

I know I'm wasting my breath as so many others who have replied to your previous threads have. I hope you find peace and wellness soon. Good luck to you.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

No offense hon - but if you think you have been eating a 500 calorie a day diet for over a year you have way more issues than a juice fast. I truly think a reputable doctor or someone with common sense would make not make decisions based on a website entitled Doctoryourself.com that is trying to sell books.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
If you are doing this particular plan for vanity, you are going against its intended purpose.

I just do not appreciate a school of thought I believe in used in this way.

I know I'm wasting my breath as so many others who have replied to your previous threads have. I hope you find peace and wellness soon. Good luck to you.
your not wasting your breath. i do take everyones opinion quite seriously or i wouldnt be posting here. I think a veg juice fast has amazing health benefits as well, i mean common, its vegetables! it also stops cravings/bad eating habbits which is the other half im doing this for.

I took eveyones opinions seriously on the last thread but you can honestly expect me to be 100 percent comfortable talking to people about my diet issues. I have to wait until im prepared. it would be soo awkward being all like "anorexia, binge, exercising 6 hours blah blah blah" so I have to think about this

I decided not to exercise 6 hours a day because of 3 fat chicks. I thought i didnt want to make myself sick or anything

but frankly i really cant think of a solid reason why not to do this fast. seems pretty useful and healthy to me. veggie juice has nutrients and calories. im not starving myself

I do congratulate you on getting over obesity but if you really think about it, eating healthy probably was extreme and hard and probably as self motivating/crazy to your body as fasting because you had to get use to it so in a way its equal
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Been looking at your other posts and you are all over the place as to what you are eating and how many calories you are consuming. I'm going to assume you are just trying to get attention and not going to comment on any other posts of yours. Hope you get some help.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchyonadiet View Post
Been looking at your other posts and you are all over the place as to what you are eating and how many calories you are consuming. I'm going to assume you are just trying to get attention and not going to comment on any other posts of yours. Hope you get some help.
lol ive tried every plan i have posted on here. they arent working so i change them. why would i want attention on a board like this? I just thought i could get support on here because everyone is on the same boat wanting to lose weight but i guess not. i mean some people have 1000 posts on here

Thank you but your opinion is not welcomed. You dont even know who i am...

and i clearly stated i ate 500 calories LAST YEAR. This year i have said i would be eating something around 1000-1300 calories. You can track my posts from last year when i use to go on this board and see that i use to weigh 122 pounds. I didnt come on for monthes and you can see that by tracking my posts. i have been an active poster on and off on this board. i am not here for attention.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/155/150

Height: 5'8

Sweetlovin- you need to seek medical help. 500 cals/day is basically starvation. Stop beating yourself up.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
im sorry but bmi is a load of crap.
I can agree with you that bmi is not the absolute best measure of health/weight. But it is a well-respected starting point used by many doctors. I too know people who are very thin naturally that will never weigh what bmi says. I also know very muscular people who are always going to be above their bmi.

But I used it as a measuring stick to try to show you that maybe the reason this weightloss is a struggle for you is that it MAY be unreasonable. Those people who are naturally below bmi don't need to work to stay there - their bodies do it on their own.

I am posting here out of genuine concern for you. It has been a long, painful journey for my SIL (& everyone in her life watching) & I hate the thought of anyone else having to go there. Disordered eating/exercising/lifestyle (whatever you want to call it) does not happen overnight, but it is a slippery slope once you start.

Perhaps you do not need to see a medical doctor but may be better off to see a nutritionist or personal training who can help you ensure your diet & exercise program & goals are healthy & attainable. Or maybe see if your community has free counselling available (most do) & speak to someone about the concern that you may be struggling with diet, exercise & body image.

I wish you the best luck - I hope you are taking the things posted here into consideration like you have stated & that you will reevaluate whether or not your lifestyle goals are right for you.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #24  

Day 1:

The juice im drinking for breakfast doesnt take good but im clogging my nose and doing it!

it had

onion
carrots
tomatoe
lettuce

in side. off to a good morning
Old 08-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #25  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Day 1:

The juice im drinking for breakfast doesnt take good but im clogging my nose and doing it!

it had

onion
carrots
tomatoe
lettuce

in side. off to a good morning
Sounds like the makings of a tasty (if nutritionally imbalanced, if that is all one eats) salad!

Why not simply eat those vegetables (and a lot more other healthy, whole foods, while you are at it?)? Discarding the fiber seems counterproductive.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #26  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
no it wont. your basing this on a normals person weakness. Ive been able to maintain my weight at a 500 calorie diet for a year. my willpower can get to an all time high after a while of motivation
These are ED codewords: normal people are weak; I'm not like them; my willpower overcomes all; and so on.

Please, talk to your parents, or some other adult you trust. At the very least, take a look at the "Chicks in Control" area of these forums, or try something-fishy.org.

I cringe every time I see your threads and the mixture of helpful and concerned replies. You're using this site to legitimize your ED and that's very worrysome.
Closed Thread