UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  

Default When Hunger Strikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all !!!!!!

I was doing some pondering on how to control my self when i get the urge to gorge my self on the first item of food that meets my eye. I have come to the conclusion that one strategy would be to start a thread that i could come on wenever i feel this compelling sensation and waffle unitl it disappears...... and any body else who suffers frm this problem please feel free to join me!!!!!
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  

Waffle to your hearts content Shmoo.

Some days I just feel soooooooo hungry and I have to have my supper about an hour after my tea.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Oh this is my kind of topic!

Now where did I put my snickers...
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:39 AM   #4  

Why is it these days I have a thing for Bacon, I can't get enough of it... I suppose it's not to bad as I grill it and I don't like fat on bacon.... I went shopping yesterday to Morrissons and the smell of Bacon in the cafe drove me nuts!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:35 AM   #5  

Extreme - but - When I was supposed to have a scan recently I had ti fill up with water. My appoijtment was not until 3pm so I went most of the day at work wriggling at my desk desperate to go loo. Although I also did not eat from 6pm the day before and I could recognise that I was hungry, believe you me, I was too concerned with NOT going loo!!!

That my be too extreme for you though - but anyway try drinking more water -not to the extreme that I did, but sometimes that helps.

Some people say have an apple but that makes me hungrier. Maybe have a cuppa soup or something?
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:51 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

How about this leek 'soup' that features in the book 'French Women Don't Get Fat' I've not read the book (mainly because I've seen plenty of fat French women) but I read a magazine article about the soup. Its just leeks cleaned and sliced, then boiled until tender. Then drink the leek water as a soup and eat the leeks with a drizzle of olive oil on them for lunch.

Just imagine the wind!

When I get really hungry - which is thankfully rare on low GI - I either clean my teeth or eat frozen blueberries/raspberries/blackberries one at a time.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:54 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacock 2 View Post
Extreme - but - When I was supposed to have a scan recently I had ti fill up with water. My appoijtment was not until 3pm so I went most of the day at work wriggling at my desk desperate to go loo. Although I also did not eat from 6pm the day before and I could recognise that I was hungry, believe you me, I was too concerned with NOT going loo!!!
... and that wee after a scan is just the best wee in the world.... **remembers the feeling so well** !
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 AM   #8  

Yes! That wee was the absolute queen of wees!!!

A humourous take on the leek soup thing

http://cucinatestarossa.blogs.com/we...omen_do_1.html
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #9  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I remember having a scan in one of the large London teaching hospitals (that one by London Bridge station???) - the woman doing the scan was late so I was at bursting point - then she seemed to take forever to do the scan - THEN she told me that the ladies loo on that floor was out of order and the nearest were on the floor above or floor below - so I ran along a long corridor and down a flight of stairs and back along the corresponding corridor on the floor below only to find a sign up that it had a male cleaner in it - did I care? Nope! I rushed in, past this startled looking little bloke with a mop and threw myself at the nearest loo - it was the best and longest wee ever.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #10  

The look on that man's face that must have been priceless!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Aaaaaaggghh I've had the munchies today. Now I need to stop.

This morning I had pumpkin bread,cookies and some fruit loaf. I've just been in at the crisps and it's only 3.50 in the afternoon.

Get out of the kitchen. I'm going to have a cuppa.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #12  

Considering it's Christmas I've not actually got the urge to snack on things... despite temptations all around... like my 75 year old neighbour giving me a big box of M&S Biscuits this evening! Actually don't tell her but I shall take them into work tomorrow....
Old 12-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #13  
christmas dumpling

S/C/G: 185/160/130

Height: 5"10

Ahhh. must stay out of the kitchen. thats the worst thing for me, i won't even be hungry but if i find myself in the kitchen i just HAVE to eat something!!
bellamafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #14  

ahh guys hospital is the one @ london bridge...
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #15  

This is interesting. I have recently been following intuitive eating and though I haven't lost a lot of weight I have found out that when you eat when hungry and stop when satisfied the power foods (chocolate, chips, etc.) lose their power. A little goes a long way.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote