UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:34 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default The 'Drop a Dress Size by Christmas' Challenge

CHRISTMAS IS ONLY 9 WEEKS AWAY!!!!

I want to be a dress size smaller by then. (I've even bought a my Chrimbo outfit in a size smaller to give me incentive.) I read somewhere that the average woman (whoever she is) drops a dress size when she loses 10lbs - so thats the absolute minimum I want to lose.

I can do this! I CAN DO THIS! (Hopefully )

Anyone want to join me????
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #2  

I will since I think Halloween is officially out. I'm heading out to Chicago next weekend to visit old friends, that pretty much sabotages my lose 5 lbs by Halloween plan.

So I'm at 158-159 now...I'm shooting for 153 by xmas. I know it's not 10 but I want to be realistic. The weight is coming off so slowly now.

I'm still struggling with mingling a social life with weight loss.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Oh bugger it I shall give it a go also but by god is this last big sticking to me.

I am aiming to be 9 STONE by Christmas. Which is depending on which scales I go by 7lbs by gym scales 10lbs by my own.

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 9 stone 10lbs
GW 9 stone
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well I think I might be able to do it, seeing as I'm not going to be anywhere near my goal for the halloween challenge

10 lbs and a dress size sounds good to me

Sarah, post some pics of your Christmas outfits please, they sound really lovely
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #5  

I haven't weighed myself for a while, but my stats are the same as when I last weighed myself. I'd love to join the chalenge. But can I work with measurements, rather than weight? I'd just like to lose an inch off my waist and hips by xmas.

At the moment, I'm 34-28-38.5" (and probably still a couple of lbs overweight). I think I could realistically aim for a more toned 34-27-38 by xmas. Don't want to weigh myself as I found whatever I did those last couple lbs simply would not shift and it was very disheartening, so after over a year of 'dieting', I gave up on the scales.

Nice challenge, Sarah Ann.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #6  

I'd like to get into a size 16 properly by xmas. At the moment my size 18 clothes are too big but most size 16 stuff is too small!! I reckon another 7lb should do it.
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/284/154

Height: 5.6

u can count me in even tho id like to lose 20lbs by xmas but hay id be happy with 10 lb as long as its going in the right direction lol

good luck everyone

homebloom
homebloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:17 PM   #8  

Should we have an official weigh in day??? May keep us motivated. I like to do my official weight at the end of the week like Thursday or Friday since I have usually been able to undo some of the weekend damage...but I'll do whatever day people want.

Thoughts???

PS...Sarah Ann I'm not trying to be all bossy and take over your challenge
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #9  

yea am def in! 10 lbs would be a really good aim for xmas, tho i think i should probably lose more to go down a dress size , 15 lbs maybe. But 10 is gonna be quite hard in itself!
I like the idea of having a weigh in day too.... mid week some time, me thinks????
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

I'm in for this, I'd like to lose a stone by Christmas, I'm happy to have a regular way in day too though I'll have to set up a different ticker as I'll go by my own scales rather than my drs that I'm getting weighed on monthly.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

Ooohhhh! BRILLIANT! I didn't think there would be this many replies. Nice to know I'm not going to go through this struggle on my own.

I usually weigh myself first thing on Saturday but thats only because if I'm going to take a little detour off my diet its always on a Saturday evening and it gives me a week to get back on track - but if everyone else wants to set up a fixed weigh in day then thats fine by me. How about Thursdays?

I think a dress size Challenge has to be very flexible - how you measure it is up to you - inches or pounds. In fact inches would probably be more accurate because I'm mainly after losing enough to comfortably get in to the next jeans size down - you know, without having to lie on the bed, suck in my tummy, wriggle around and going purple in the face, trying to get the jeans done up. Also I don't want to spend Christmas Day in a pair of trousers so tight that I'll be wondering what'll happen first - me getting deep vein thrombosis because the blood supply to my legs has been cut off or the seams giving on the trousers!

In my case I think a dress size is about 10lbs but if I still don't fit in to my Christmas outfits after 10lbs then I'll just have to keep on going until I do.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:31 AM   #12  
Consistency + Balance

Chris, here's the dress. It looks like its got straps but it hasn't. It looks prettier on than it does on the hanger. The other one is the nicest of the tops. The other one is the skirt which is actually just slightly darker than the dress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monsoon dress.jpg (10.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Top 1.jpg (34.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg skirt.jpg (21.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 12st7lbs/10st

Height: 5ft 5ins

Oooohhhh yes! Count me in. Would love to lose more than 10lbs but even that would make me lighter than I have been for years.

Can anyone tell me how I can put one of those ticker thingies on my postings please?

Jools
chuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 12st7lbs/10st

Height: 5ft 5ins

Please ignore my question in my previous postings as I have found a link showing me how to do it

Hopefully the ticker will show now???!!!!!

Jools
chuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

Well done! Yes, your ticker shows.