UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Kykaree - take care you

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:30 AM   #77  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Kylie - I hope everything works out okay for you.

Well.... I'm back home - I slept for 10 hours last night! Its a bit like a building site here but almost everything is working now except for the shower and fixing that looks like its going to be an even longer job than it was installing it. It was lovely to get back to my normal morning walk routine - me and the furry boys walked for 2 and a half hours this morning - but, what with MIL's suet puddings AND my holiday Cornish cream teas, I know I've gained back quite a bit of weight. Nevermind, there's noone to blame but myself.

I've decided to ditch the strange eating plans and go back to what I was doing this time last year when I was regularly losing weight - which was long brisk walks, low GI food and strict PORTION CONTROL. It worked for me then so hopefully it should work for me again. I must have a look at the Rosemary Conley GI Jeans diet - it sounds very similar and I could do with some new recipes.

I spent yesterday planning my food for this week - porridge topped with blueberries for brekkie, fruit for snacks, roasted med veg with crumbled feta or falafel with hummous salads for lunch and some ultra healthy, low GI dinners with lots of beans/lentils, a little low fat protein and LOADS and LOADS of fresh veg! DH took one look at it and commented that its going to be very windy around here.

OMG, I am SO glad to be home!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #78  

Sarah I havent even had my brekkie yet I've been to the gym but your food for the weeks sounds wonderful and my mouth is watering. I am always a bag of wind!!!

Hope all is well with you all. Not much happening here. A quiet weekend planned every Saturday for a good few weeks I have been out. Completely missed X Factor oh what a big saddo I am sometimes. The boys are out
eldest fella is at footie youngest fella is at his friend's house. Had a letter from his school this morning saying he had been rude to his maths teacher.
Eldest fella constantly spoke and distracted the others from the first year of seniors to the the third year. Now he works like a trojan but the stress of that school constantly phoning me was awful. Now it seems as If I shall be going through it all over again with the little fella oh what joy!!!

Little fella doesn't know about the letter he stayed at a friends house last night and the letter arrived this morning!!!

Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

Hope the sun is shining on you all

Michele
Old 10-07-2006, 08:41 AM   #79  

Glad you're back home Sarah.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Waitrose were giving away free chocolate earlier I kept going back for more then the lady gave me plain chocolate with a soft middle, it was vile Do you think she was tying get rid of me? tehehehehehe.

I bought a brand new with tags Miss Sixty coat today (£249.99 on the tag - what a shocking amount of money!!) for £8.95 in The Cancer Research shop well impressed or what!!
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #81  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

I had a friend visiting this week. I did the obligatory 'taking of photo at arms length' thing... and I was quite impressed at how thin my face is starting to look! Woohoo!
This is me.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #82  

Hello Homersmummy lovely to see you

Michele
Old 10-08-2006, 06:19 AM   #83  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've just been out for a 9 mile run, it felt good so I should be OK for Amsterdam. I've also built up a decent hunger for Sunday lunch at my favourite restaurant - yum! Then maybe some more shopping, although I did quite enough damage to the plastic in York yesterday!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #84  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone.

Sarah Ann : Good to hear your house is all sorted now hun.Planning your food sounds like a great idea im not sure if id 1) have the patience to do that and 2) if when it came to it something would go wrong lol.

Michele : sounds like your little ones in for a bit of a shock when he get in to find the letter there.Good luck for this week with your weightloss.

Moo : What a bargin hun , i could never get something that cheap , only thing i ever brought was a jacket that was suppose to be £54.99 in new look and i got it for £3 in new look which i guess is good too only thing was it didnt fit when i brought it but for £3 i wernt going to grumble so i said mum could have it and shes never warn it but i think i only got one more dress size and ill proberly fit into it lol.Good luck with your weight loss this week.

Homersmummy: its so great to finally put a face to a name , maybe we should all post pics so we know what each other looks like.Im glad your noticing the difference in your face now , i am too my double chin is starting to go which for me is great evidence im going the right way. Good luck with your losses.

Me: I spent all day yesterday shopping for food and i had a really bad sore throat , well this morning i have woke up with a full cold , nose is blocked and cant breathe through it , cant stop sneezing which feels like my nose is gonna explode, and throats dry and sore and going croaky, so seems like ill be taking it easy this week , i think aerobics is out of the question cos i will get short of breath (asthmatic but it only affects me if i got a cold) where im bunged up so i think ill go get weighted and come home again

Good luck to you all this week and i hope you all have great losses.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #85  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I slept for 9 hours again last night!

Teresa, I hope your cold gets better fast.

Well done on the coat, Moo - I never find bargains like that!

Michele - woops! What happened when your son found out about the letter?

Helen - hope you enjoyed your lunch after your run.

I'm just back from the most amazing Farmers' Market. There were some girls there who had a stunning display of organic veg they'd completely grown themselves - really imaginative stuff like purple kale, lots of different kinds of tomatoes, fabulous lettuce and yummy kohlrabi - we bought LOADS (a good kick start to my new healthy living regime). We also bought a freezer full of organic / freerange meat straight from the individual growers (including our Christmas dinner) - they did a deal because we bought in bulk and so it worked out cheaper than buying the ordinary non-organic stuff from Sainsburys. I also went a bit mad and got some rather expensive pickles, chutneys and preserves - which I'm putting away for Christmas. Its not often that DH has a Sunday off so we're making the most of it - we're having an early dinner and then we're going to just veg out watching some of the second series of 24.

Did anyone else watch Robin Hood on BBC1 last night? I was a bit disappointed after all the hype about it.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #86  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Woo hoo, lovely lunch, and we walked there and back (about 3 miles in total), so added to my run I think lunch was well and truly deserved. I'm trying to help mum along at the moment, she quite likes walking and likes using her pedometer but has problems with her feet. For years I've been persuading her that her shoes aren't helping, I just about managed to get her into supportive sandals rather than flip flops, then yesterday in York I FINALLY managed to get her some proper walking trainers from the running shop (not that I was looking for an excuse to go in...) She's actually admitted that they're a lot better, so hopefully Amsterdam will be the first time I take her anywhere and she doesn't start complaining about blisters after about half a day. Now I just need to see whether she actually wears them in Spain...

Anyway, exercise for the day is well and truly done for the day, and I've got some red wine waiting to watch the rugby with.

Sarah - that farmer's market sounds fantastic, I'm hoping to get to one sometime soon (although not too soon as I seem to be really busy at the moment!)
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #87  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Thanks for the hugs sarah as the days going on im feeling a bit better so fingers crossed it goes as quick as it came. The farmers market sounds excellent but we never have nothing like that near where i live , but we do get the italian & french market once a year but there expensive for everything.

YP1 : sounds like your lunch was well deserved enjoy your wine.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #88  

Ooh I'd like some proper walking trainers whatever they are. Not that I need any for walking 30 minutes.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #89  

My son said " mother mother mother let me explain it's like this" on and on he went basically he said to the teacher "you are being out of order to me" he is an absolute sod my little fella but you can't help but smile at him. Anyway he isn't allowed out after school next week or have any friends round, and he has an after school detention his first I have to say on Wednesday for an hour.

I just ate a massive dinner of mashed spuds mushroom burgers and peas I am full to the hilt. No exercise today but tomorrow back to the gym I am changing my programme do some more weights I think to tone up. Big job though!!!

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 9 stone 9lbs
GW 9 stone this is a revised target instead of my nine stone 7lb target
Old 10-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #90  

Treez sorry your so poorly. I felt like that last weekend I had no voice and felt like poo. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone