Rosemary Connoly

• I just wondered if anyone else belongs to rosemary connoly as i have just been signed up by my dr and as its subsadised in our part of london so we get it cheaper when we join. I just wondered what your experiance's of it were and how you find it , if no one is doing it no worries.

Teresa
  • It's subsidised where I am as well. I did think about it but no one would go with me. Look forward to hearing about it anyway.
  • my mum is / was doing it... shes lost a bit.. but i dont know much about it.. sorry..
  • Np thanks for input girls i will let you know how it goes , im doing ok with my diet im really going for the extra exercise.

Teresa
  • It's supposed to be good. I have a few of her recipe books. I know that there is exercise there as well - which is a good thing. Go for it!!! Especially if it is subsidised. Let us know how you get on.
  • Is this the GI Jeans thing? Because I'm not loving my SLimming World consultant and the class is being moved to a time I can't make so I was thinking of checking into the GI Jeans class. I liked that the flyer said to be bring trainers and a towel!
  • yes thats what my flyer says too and its got rosemary on the front. check out the website www.rosemary-conley.co.uk to check that what you saw.

Teresa
  • Yeah that's it. This basically looks like a GI diet combined with calorie counting, am I right? And I really like the emphasis on exercise which is something SW doesn't do. I wonder if they'll let me sit in on a class to check it out first?
  • My first post in 12 months!

I started Rosemary Conley this Tuesday. The diet is very strict for the first two weeks. You get a little booklet with all the information you need to start you off, and another in 2 weeks.
    I have managed to stay with it for 2 days so far, but I am hungry on 1200 cals which I did'nt think I would be able to manage on.
    The exercise we did was just enough for a beginner (it's a new class so everyone else is in the same boat).
    I've done Rosemary twice before and lost a stone each time before stopping going (it took me 8 weeks the 1st time and 16 the second).
    My class isn't supsidised, but I think paying £5 and geting some exercise, as well as being weighed, is better than paying £3.95 in slimming world just to be weighed.
    I'll let you know how I get on.
    Keep me posted if anyone decides to join, or has any good tips.

Carole
  • As you can see from my ticker, I didn't do too bad with Rosemary! I live in the mddle of nowhere so didn't go to a club, just used her old books, her magazines and then the GI Jeans Diet, when that came out.

I've done other things too - probably exercised more, and harder, also used Paul McKenna's book (which is NOT a diet but I dieted as well as changed the way I thought about food as I have PCOS so weight loss is slow going and hard for me) - also used her DVDs, alongside others. It does work.
  • Thats great to hear both of you have had sucsseses with rosemary conley my calorie intake at the moment is 1200ish so i dont think i will find that part of it too bad . I am basiclly going for the exercise more than anything but the diet tips will help a lot and getting weight every week is good too.

With it being subsadised it gona cost me £3.40 per seesion instead of £5.50 and membership fee is £5 instead of £10 a bargin i say and defintly better than WW which i did before.

Teresa

P.S :Phat i have PCOS too and i thought it was gonna take a while to come off but at the moment its doing ok 12lbs in a month so i hope it stays that way. good luck with your weightloss.
  • Treez

You're doing AMAZING! Well done, you! I found my weightloss was 2lb a week if I was lucky, at the beginning then after a month or so, half-1lb a week... Many weeks Olb. I read a lot of research online about PCOS and discovered it can be upto 3 times slower, weight loss, for us - so I stopped despairing at the slowness of it, and just accepted my body was doing great, for someone with PCOS!

But you're doing fantastically well! It's such an achievement! Keep going!
  • Ive been checking out the website, and the GI Jeans diet seems very similar to the South Beach diet Im going to be starting soon - well, I have been doing something similar, but I havent done the phase 1 and 2 as I havent received the books yet. Been looking at the SB section on here though, also spoke with my dr about this and Im seeing the dietician next week
  • Thanks phat i really appreciate your support. If we can all spur each other on in some way it all helps to get to the end results for every single one of us.

I am on Xenical too Phat so i think thats proberly helping the consistant weight loss im averageing about 2-4lb a week but i think it will slow up a bit soon althought im trying to exercise everyday so im hoping that might keep it moving along. I've been on the dance mat for 1 hour for the last 2 nights and been walking too so i hope thats gonna keep it at bay.

Good luck with your losses.

Teresa