UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Default "Baggy" Skin!!!!

Hi all,

Now that the weight is starting to go I was wondering if anyone has any tips on getting rid of "baggy" skin?

I have been using Palms skin tightening cream for post pregancy and weight loss so far.

Does anyone know if body wrap offer any benifit?
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I have this issue and i have even spoken to my doc about it. He said the only thing to fix it was surgical removal. Once skin has lost its elasticity, it is gone. Some smaller sections of skin shrink back (like neck or chin), but in my case, not enough. I wish a wrap would take care of it, it would be a whole lot cheaper than the tummy tuck i am planning.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #3  

It can take a full 18 mths after the weight loss has finished, for your skin to shrink back. Which means a lot of women might be having surgery unnecessarily. Apparently, your skin's elasticity is largely genetic and you've got no way of knowing, just weeks or a few months down the line after your weight loss, whether the bagginess will go, or not. Give it a good 18 mths - then see how you feel. I found this research somewhere online but can't for the life of me remember where, now!

I was lucky to have little bagginess. There is a bit but I'd rather have that than the fat!

Chemical based creams, lotions and potions will do very little - they can't restructure your skin in any significant way as they have no real medical properties. You could find out more about aromatherapy - some essential oils have properties that may be more likely to help than the chemical stuff sold in most high st shops/chemists. I've found frankincense does wonders - also neroli. You have to dilute it in the right amount of base oil. Neal's Yard Remedies do a Frankincense skin cream which is just astoundingly good - I've never bother about my baggy tummy skin so can't honestly say if it works on that, but I've used it on my ageing hands with great success! People that use it rave about it.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi PhatPhoenix,

Thank you so much for the advice, Looks like I am popping out to the local chemist this lunch time

I am hopping that my skin takes after my mother - she has 3 of us all really big ( I was 10 10, my sister was 9 9 and my brother is 8 8) and she bounced back to a size 10 no problem.
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote