UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  
diet queen!!

S/C/G: 178/154/140

Height: 5"3

Talking anyone tried lighter life?!!

hi all, I'm quite new and have only just noticed a uk part to this site!!

have tried every diet under the sun and lost and gained lots of weight! Just signed up to a diet thats very expensive but i think may work called lighter life. has anyone tried it here? if so how did you find it etc

thanks
Doods79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Welcome to the UK corner of 3 Fat Chicks

Never heard of lighter life - tell us more?????

I thought I'd tried most diets so its nice to hear of one I haven't tried.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #3  

One of my friends did lighter life. It's a liquid based diet, and a lot of people find it brilliant. It's not to my taste because I wanted to learn how to manage my weight long term on my own with food and exercise, but if it works for you, fantastic.

I'm suprised you were accepted, I thought you had to be significantly overweight to do lighter life, and your tiny!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:45 PM   #4  
Heather/Caterpillar

Yeah, you shouldn't really have been accepted to lighter life, I did Cambridge which is basically the same as lighter life but about half the price. I came off it mainly because I couldn't justify spending £30 a week on if after my bloke lost his job. It does work but you have to be 110% on it, you can't have any little cheats like you can on normal diets. Good luck!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #5  
diet queen!!

thanks for the replies girls!! well today is day one and its been hard but ok. for those who dont know what it is you have to have 3 stone to lose and your doctor approve then you do the diet for 100days. 4 food packs a day of shakes soups and bars. i used one of the soups this evening to make these crisp things that were actually quite nice!

you get a 2 hour conselling group session each week where you all chat about why you eat and how you're finding it etc. i think the main idea of the diet is to stop thinking about food. its weird, day one and i've not been that hungry....until i sat infront of the tv and wanted to constantly eat!!! it makes you see when you comfort eat and why. as I say though its only day one but my sister is 7 weeks in and has lost nearly 2 stone already!!!

fingers crossed for me ....99 days to go!!!!

oh and the really bad bit after no choc, no beer, no anything!!! you have to drink 8 pints of water a day. i feel like i should move into the bathroom!!!

xx
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

I think being 'overweight' is always relative to height. Maybe Doods is 'undertall' for her weight??

Is it expensive? I always worry about kidneys and internal bits and pieces not liking these meal replacement diets - but I've done worse in my time. *Memories of eating 'diet' choc bars and bikkies three times a day!*

I'm beginning to think there is no right or wrong way to lose weight - just whichever way suits the person concerned.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #7  
diet queen!!

yeah you have to have a bmi of over 29 so it takes into account height and weight.

i must admit i wasn't a fan when my sister started, i thought she was being really silly but its worked so well and so quickly nd she feels great. you are getting all your vits and minerals and the amount of water you drnink is partly to replace what you would naturally get from food.

as for money....yes its expensive!! £66 a week!! if you look at what you would spend on food shopping, alcohol and eating out (you can't do any of these!!) the money is quite so scary. in a way it is helping me stay focused cos I can't waste that kind of money!!!

its definately about what suits the individual though. i think i was fed up of trying everything else and it not working....slimming world, weight watchers, appetite suppressors, personal trainer, hypnotherapy...!!!!! you name it!!!

much as i do feel a little spaced out on day 2 its not too bad. i've even managed to cook a meal for the other half with out even tasting!!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #8  
Heather/Caterpillar

Doods...have you tried the Discovery Health boards, they really helped me when I was on Cambridge?
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 AM   #9  
diet queen!!

not, what are they about? and where can i find them?!!

thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doods79
yes its expensive!! £66 a week!!
Wow!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:30 AM   #11  
diet queen!!

i know! i got weighed last night though at a drop in session and have lost 3 pounds in 3 days...!!! not too bad!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #12  
diet queen!!

Exclamation

just posting a quick post as i've received emails aboutposts but can't view them here?!!! just testing!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 14.12/14.1/12.0

Hello!

I'm brand new here, found this site doing a google search under "lighterlife"!! I've been doing Ligherlife for a week and had my first weigh-in last night - 11 lbs off - WOOOHOOOO!!

I'm desperately looking for Lighterlife buddies, to support and help one another.

Hope to hear from you soon - I'm going to post a new thread similar to this in case this doesn't get seen!

Hope to chat soon, Sarah x
sarah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #14  

heya

My friend lost 6 stone in 9 and ahalf months doing lighter life it is expensive but obviously works

shes a consultant now,,
LessLouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #15  
diet queen!!

hey there, yes this thread still going! just!! how you finding it then? i must admit i don't enjoy it at all!! mind you i tried on some trousers yesterday and for the first time in a long time they fit!

you're not at the warrington class are you?!