3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   August chat time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/90616-august-chat-time.html)

BritinNJ 08-02-2006 01:26 AM

August chat time

Ooooo, I just realised no one has put an August thread up to chat and I get to do it :)

Hello to all newbies...

Sarah and Cat, I hope you're ears are feeling better now.

I cannot shift these pounds...I'm not over eating, I'm drinking and exercising...and I go up and down two on a weekly basis...I am seriously going to ask for another thyroid test when we get up to Cape Cod by the end of this month, cos I don't understand what's going on.

Frus, your weekend sound fab, glad you had such a good time after all the initail hassle...you go girl...super that the dress is in too....when's the actual date?

Ok, time for bed and another drink of water...I'm so thirsty again...must be thyroid...I'm convinced now :^:

YP1 08-02-2006 02:25 AM

I ran again this morning :) , hopefully just paying a bit more attention to my knee is making the difference as I've been watching my running style a bit more carefully and it seems to be avoiding the worst of the problems.

2frustrated 08-02-2006 03:53 AM

:wave:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...s/P8010005.jpg

Check out the big belly roll! :rofl: OMG I LOOK SUCH A GOOF!

I'm grading for my purple belt on Saturday! :hyper: Then I'll be doing blue on Sept 9th, hopefully brown between September and mid November, then I'll be black straight away (I think) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This week I have decided is going to be Cardio Week! My shoulder's slightly out of whack from doing stupid hook punches last night at kickboxing. I'm going to make a dr's appointment about it since it's been :censored: for a long time.

Eating's been ok, however we did eat chocolate raisins in the van yesterday afternoon :o

Sarah Ann 08-02-2006 04:30 AM

I've lost 2lbs in 24 hours.... nope, I haven't found the ultimate way of losing weight - I've just got a tummy bug. I don't mind losing the weight but I do mind the dehydration headache which goes along with it.

I've had one thing wrong with me after another in the last week or two.

I'm quite angry about this - its my rest day and DH's day off (he only gets one each week) and we had made plans to go out for the day but I can't leave the house. :(

Sarah Ann 08-02-2006 04:30 AM

Ooohhhh!!!! Why has the page gone all wide??

You look GREAT in that dress, Frus, the tummy roll is nothing that a good pair of knickers won't sort out.

2frustrated 08-02-2006 04:57 AM

Sorry my bad for the wide page, must be my pic. I'd resize it, but I can't be bothered!!!

Yeah a good bodyshaper would do the trick but I'd like to be a little thinner so that I can actually breathe! :rofl:

Pachyderm 08-02-2006 05:41 AM

Oooh Frus, the dress is beautiful. You look really good in it too, I don't think you need to worry about the tummy roll - I didn't even notice it until you said. A few pounds should do the trick, and then you'll feel so much better about it. Good thing the dress shows those toned shoulders and arms! ;)

Sarah, hope you feel better soon. Being ill is so depressing, but it is great to lose that 2lbs! Maybe you can find something nice to do from home. Maybe you could curl up on the sofa togather and watch a film you like or something, or go and lounge in the garden and read a good book. I'm sure you can find something nice to do from home.

Helen, glad your knee is on the mend

Sorry about the suspected thyroid problems. Hopefully it is just a minor problem, or there are good medications that can help. I don't know much about thyroid problems, but my mum is always trying to convince me that I have an underactive thyroid. I try to tell her that I'm fat because I overeat, I'm tired because I stay up late and I have dry skin and hair because I don't drink enough, but she doesn't believe me :dizzy:

I went for my 2 mile run last night, but I did take a 30second walk break. It seems to be getting harder rather than easier, so I'm thinking of taking a couple of days off. I certainly had more energy after my injury break a few weeks ago.

Vix78 08-02-2006 08:10 AM

You look gorgeous in that dress! As has laready been said nothing a good pair of knickers or a few lbs will sort out.

And big hugs for those people feeling under the weather, I hope you all fell better soon. I'm on day three of being back on the SW wagon and I'm manageing to stick to it! I've even had my days planned so that I know what kind of day I'm having and I saved some of my syns so I had a cornetto last night! Yum!

Been struggling on the exercise front though and I'm giving blood later so nothing more than a gentle swim and then walking home. I did manage a 45 minute walk yesterday and a 20 m,inute swim on monday so not all bad, but I wanted to get back into my running as I'm doing the great south run in October!!

I'm on holidays for two weeks as of next week, hopefully I'll still be able to get a couple of runs in.

veggie 08-02-2006 09:15 AM

I can't see any belly roll :mag: I must be obsessed you look like your standing on a big slimming world scale to me :ziplip: :lol: You look lovely so shush about belly rolls. :p

2frustrated 08-02-2006 09:18 AM

Aww shucks :o thanks guys :D :o

I dunno why I needed to stand on a box - did they not think I was tall enough? :lol:

micheleherts 08-02-2006 09:31 AM

You look a gorgeous girl Frus.

You poor thing Sarah would be great to keep the 2lbs off though. When
I had my mouth ulcers the scales at the gym briefly showed nine stone
13lbs. Alas once I was able to eat normally that weight was never seen again!!

Glad your hip is feeling a little better YP.

I have been the best girl and went to the gym first thing this morning since
hubby is off so he was able to mind the boys. Had a good run and then walked home.

Hubby and Conor have gone to take my father to the airport. I can't do
that I would just cry and he is only going for a week.

My brekkie wasn't too healthy wholemeal toast with LURPAK and marmite.
I need to do some shopping, but I can 't be arsed at the moment. I'm sat here smothered in cocoa butter looking all gormless.

Glad your all doing well.

I am going to do my best to get into the nines by the end of this month.

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 10 stone 3lbs
GW 9 stone 7lbs lower is I can

Height 5"

2frustrated 08-02-2006 10:16 AM

:hug: for everyone feeling poorly!

I've just tried to make an appointment with a doctor - I can either do emergency appointments tomorrow morning at 8.15, or I can book one on the 21st August! I've booked one on 21st, but I might go for a walk-in one on Monday, depending on shoulder issues. I can see this is going to be a right royal pain in the :censored:

BritinNJ 08-02-2006 11:24 AM

Whoa Frus,

You look absolutlely gorgeous in that dress and as everyone has said before, the tummy roll isn't noticable, but obviously you know it's there and you'll feel more comfy without it, so do what you have to do.

I was actually three months pregnant when I got married, and before I fell pregnant I had brought this beautiful corset type thingy to hold a few bits in I hadn't gotten rid of, but when the day came, and I wasn't rally showing pregnancy, but the waist had expanded a tad, I couldn't wear the bl**dy thing as it was so humid, it pinched and sucked me in, and I felt like I was going to pass out...so my middle ribbon round the waist ended up folding over with the extra inch not being sucked in, but I didn't care, I was comfy :)

Sarah, you poor thing, just keep drinking plenty luv, and hopefully it'll just be a 24 hour bug.

Pachy, thanks for the sorry about my thyroid issues...I don't really believe I have an underactive thyroid, I had it tested last year as I felt very ill and had different tests done too, the docs said I had a fine working thyroid, I'm just fat, but it can change over time, so I'm open to having it checked again once this move is sorted out.

YP, hope the knee gets sorted soon... you were up very early and had done your run, even before I'd cleaned up and shut my puter off after putting the Aug thread up, you really are fantastic luv.

Michelle, I know how you feel about your Dad going home for a week, sounds like you're very close with your parents...he'll be having a lovely time though, he sounds like a right character.

Vix, good for you for giving blood...I can't do it anymore :( Over here, they won't let me cos I'm British and apparently have mad cow disease...and when I go home and there's one, they won't let me, because I've been abroad in the past year....here.....

Hi Veg, you've been very quiet the past few days when I pop in...how are you doing?

If I've missed anyone, a big hello to you...I need to post more here and hopefully all the typing will burn some calories :)

I've a busy day planned today, running around doing shopping , banking and such, exercise, swimming and cleaning...so all have a wonderful day and think of me, as by the time I start shortly, you'll be fast heading for your evening time.

YP1 08-03-2006 02:34 AM

Nice dress, Frus :)

I was naughty last night. It was work drinks (ie free alcohol) and I drank rather more wine than I was intending, then went to a new Spanish conversation group (the alcohol helped with confidence ;) ), and only got back pretty late, I didn't run this morning. Partly because I wasn't taking as much care of my knee last night as I should have done (it sounds odd, but the more I watch my walking technique during the day, the better it is the morning after), but also because I was still recovering from the drink and it's nasty outside. Still, it will give the knee a rest, and I did a bit of a pilates dvd instead so it's not a complete loss. Plus I'll probably run tomorrow which is usually my day off, because I'm thinking of rearranging the order of my runs to make the 18 miler at the weekend just that bit easier. Honest ;)

Anyway, I'm hangover free, and I have a meeting in Sheffield which should keep me out of the office for most of the day. Then back to the office for a while before proper Spanish lessons tonight.

lou1978 08-03-2006 03:35 AM

ops.... going to see the new boss 2day... making waves already... havent even started.....
basically..... i sent her an email asking to do an MSc..... she said hte oter new girl (we are all same grade etc... she just started a few months ago.. howver new girl is still to scared to be left on her own unspervised to do some things... (which i have been doing for the last 5 yrs lol) so anyway new girl.. IS doing a module of said MSc and the course is as boss said "chocka"....

so i rang the boss the other week... and spoke to her about it... oh there is abother woman there.. shes been in the dept abotu 2 yrs... so basically she would get 1st choice as shes been there longer etc.. BUT if thats the case.. y is SHE doing it this year !!..

anyway so speaking to boss she was refering to "i want THEM... (kinda feeling like i was excluded form the THEM..) to do this n that.. etc..

so i sent an email ... coz i was looking into the course rang the uni.. and supprise there ARE PLACES !!!>.. (i was looking at another uni... and fund myself...) so i sent an email to the effect i have been misled.. and felt excluded form teh team... think she is too dim to realise why... and i wasnt going to suggest... if there was no cash.. she cant staff the unit if were all in college on the same day blah blah.. so will see what she comes up with lol...

apprently shes a bit of a bike and that her husband.. well ewww... he looks like frank bucher haha... i just have to remember this.. an not to use too many long words hahaha.... i knew it would cause probs... im keeping a record incase in the future it is relevant... i am only moving to this dept coz of my accident last summer.. so not sure if she sees it as a temp. thing.. etc...

grrrr

i think i need to be VVV diplmatic n ask her to make my position clear.. how she see i fit it... before i say anything...

advice pls !!! (ops!)