UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #76  
KTq
Little Ray of Sunshine!

S/C/G: 231/175

Height: 5ft11

Hi All!
Welcome forty n fab!

My weekend was fabulous! Hope everyone elses was too!
Big Bird getting in to a pair of size 14 is very very exciting, thats one of my goals and whatsmore Tesco arent particularly genourus either.

Bexstar, well done for abstaining, where do you live if you dont mind me asking, cos I am about an hour from Essex too, in Hatfield.

I have just been to an interview for a new part time job, which they told me on the spot that I got! woohoo! . I am really pleased, its a lovely little residential home for people with Learning disabilities and I am looking forward to starting. The only problem is they pay a month in loo and i am not sure how I will fund my lighter life for that month. Anyway thats at least a month away so I will worry about it then.

I weigh in tomorrow too, I am nervously excited, i really hope its a good loss.

Good Luck for tonight Suzie! Like you I am thinking of going to a slimming club after I have lost about 3 stone to finish losing there, I miss food too much to do this crazy diet any longer than the 100 days!

Love to all
Katiex
KTq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 238/196/169

Height: 5ft 8"

CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!!

I in Princes Risborough which is 10 mins from Wendover and about 15-20 from Aylesbury. Not too far from Hatfield - can get there (well to the gallaria) in about 40 mins (with no traffic!)

I agree I am going to go onto a weight management type thing like slimming world etc, to shed the extra weight after LL. I want to lose 3stone on LL and if I lose more oh how fab that would be! especially as we potentially maybe going on a special xmas do for Christmas potentially 2 weeks after my 100 days! eeek!

Good luck Suzie - let us know how you get on

Bex x
Bexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 315/315/154

Height: 5ft 7inches

Hi girls,
Everyone is doing fab - keep up the good work although I will admit to having a major wobble last night - managed not too cheat though!!!
I went to my meeting and as my group were going in there was already a couple of people in with my leader - so we all sat and waited and waited for about half an hour til she started weighing us. There are a few extra members appeared so it took a bit longer than usual - weigh in is meant to take half an hour but almost 1 1/2 hrs in and we were only just getting to the end - result was that we only got too watch the dvd and nothing else!
This still resulted in the meeting running over by about 25 mins and I was well annoyed driving home!!
We are starting week 3 and all we have done is watch a dvd for the last 2 weeks!! Now this might be the "counselling" that lighter life provide but at this rate i'd rather switch to cambridge and save half the money!!!

So, it's now after 9 when i'm driving home, haven't had my tea or shower / bath after work and fulll of cold so i'm peeed off, grubby and hungry and i swear if i'd had any money in my purse i'd have been severely tempted to stop at the 24hr tesco!!!!!!!!!!
I don't suppose it helped any that I was feeling a bit disappointed with losing 4lbs - I know it's silly and I shouldn't be but I just thought i'm surviving on 500 cals a day and 6 ltrs water and it's only 4 lbs?

Well thats my rant well and truly over with just needed to get it off my chest!

oh and one other thing.....SIZE 14 JEANS - WOOHOO BIGBIRD!!!!!

Katie and bexstar - how did your weigh in's go???
suzieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi guys,

Got weighted last night and lost 5lbs another 2lbs and I will lost 2.5 stone. I am just starting week 7 so almost half way there....thank god!

I am hoping that when I cross off day 50 on my little chart I will be see the last week fly by (well fingers crossed anyway)

Had a really good session with my group and we all agreed to throw out the clothes that are mow too big for us , I think this will be a really postive step for all of us
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 211/211/154

Height: 5ft5"

Hi all

I have cheated the last few days!! Well and truly fallen off the wagon! I am SOOOO cross with myself! Feel that i have put on a few pounds too... how depressing!! Tell you what... it is so NOT worth it. I am full of positive thoughts again after reading your posts and vow to get back on the wagon today. Whoever said that "no food tastes as good as loosing weight feels" couldnt have been more right. I am very impressed with you all, your weight loss and attitudes towards this.... keep it up!

Good luck

Becky
bexley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 234/141/135

Hi

Sorry i haven't been around for a bit

I only lost 2lb last week over my last 6 days before Management so still 1 lb to go to my target so lets hope i can lose that on my first management week.

Please keep going girls as it's so worth it.

My first week on Management is going well although it may be a different story when i get weighed tomorrow night ( i won't go into too much description as it involves food )
WilderHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 AM   #82  

Morning everyone,

I am now almost to the end of week seven and have been finding food really really tempting, has anyone else found this?

Had to go to a barbeque at my parent and the smell of all the food almost proved too much!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 315/315/154

Height: 5ft 7inches

Hi girls,

Becky I hope you've jumped straight back on after falling off that wagon and aren't gonna beat yourself up over one little slip!!!!

Wilderhoney, 1lb to go - you must be so proud of yourself! WELL DONE!!!!

Katie/Sarah - you guys still around??????

Had a really good week this week - starting to feel more in control of this and like I can actually last the 14 weeks!!! Just starting week 4 and another 4lbs will be 2 stone off - in ONE MONTH!!! Bloody ****- how did that happen????

But I tell you what it feels great - all day I've been thinking ooohhhh wonder if I could have just a "little" treat after weigh in - but you know what once i'd been on those scales all thoughts to cheat completely dissappeared!!
I just thought - do you really want to sabotage what you've done for the last 3 weeks for something you don't really want or need!!!

Blimey do I sound all sensible or what?????
suzieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #84  

Well done Suzieb,

A stone in a month is fantastic, you must be so proud of yourself and just think of all teh new lovely clothes you can start to buy

I am keeping my fingers crossed for my weigh in tonight, If I loose 2lbs or more I will have lost 2.5 stone in 7 weeks.....yipeee.

I would love to loose 4lbs because that would mean that I am under 13stone and no longer over weight, and it will be the lightest I weighted since I was 15!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #85  

HEllo Ladies

Sorry to be missing since last week. I had my weighin last Tuesday night and lost another 5 pouds SOOOO excited my total is 15lbs and over the stone mark. Can't wait until I have lost more and see a real difference in clothes etc...but I suppose that it is good that my jeans now fit and are comfortable aas opposed to squeezing myself into the as a second skin!

So I went AWOL as I was away on Buisness from Wednesday am through to the weekend. I found it really tough being away to drink enough water (just managing 4ltrs a day) and and no desire to eat and only ate 2 packs a day...clearly not good enough!

Anyway way in tonight though very very nervous! especially as my monthly visitor has arrived for an unplanned visit 10 days early! but I take it it is due to the diet messing with my system!

Good luck for those weigh-ins tonight
Old 09-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #86  

Height: 165cm

Hi! Are any of you lighter life ladies still out there? It all reads so well, and as someone who is sitting on the fence over whether to make that first 'phone call, I could really do with being inspired!

Vikki.
mamatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #87  

Hi guys,

Had my week 7 weigh in tonight....lost 2lbs, a bit disapointed but on the bright side I have now lost 2and half stone with 7 weeks still to go.

Reckon I only lost 2lbs as I havent been drink enough water!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #88  

Well done BigBird!

Well have to say that I am jumping up and down with absolute joy .....lost 6lbs this week!!!!!!! bringing it to 1 and a half stone in 4 weeks! also had my measurements done and I have lost 1" off my bust (though I cannot see that at all) 3" off my waist and 2" off my hips! Seeing the measurements is an additional boost and I really wouldn't believe it except I can see it with my own eyes!

So as usual setting myself short term goals, I want to lose another half a stone in the next 2 weeks so that brings me to a nice even 2 stone...here's hoping the wait continues to shift in large amounts, though my counsellor did say it may slow down to an average of 3lbs a week - but hey - that's still more than any other diet I have been on!! and with 10 weeks left that is still 30lbs to come off me!

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you ladies and hearing how well you have all done!

Bex
x
Old 09-14-2006, 03:02 AM   #89  

Hi Bex,

Well done on an amazing weight loss, I will keep my fingers crossed that you reach your target you set yourself.

Had a little moment last night when I realised I had 50 days!! I can see the light at the end of this now yipppppeeee
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #90  

Height: 165cm

Well thank you for your underwhelming words of welcome, support and encouragement. I appreciated I joined in the middle of a conversation and apologise for that. If this is the friendliness I can expect when I join a lighter life group I might just as well save my money before I start!

For heavens sake it's bad enough making the decision to do these things but being blanked from the off is enough to make most people give up, especially when overweight and (usually) lacking in confidence.

Vikki.
mamatutu is offline   Reply With Quote