UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 236/236/140

Height: 5'6"

I just feel its a bit too expensive for me as do u not introduce food at some point so therefore u are paying £66 plus your food at that stage. The other thing is that I live alone so very rarely actually spend more than £60 per month on food as most things can be used for more than one meal.
fee2482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #167  

Default advice

Thanks Katie,
I have tried most of the things with the packs and have done a few recipes but i am so bored of them and I get a horrible after taste that lasts hours! i must confess, I have cheated a tiny amount in the last few days by one day replacing 1 with a handful of veg and an egg and today some cooked chicken but they seem to me to be more nutricious, less fat and carbs etc.... than the packs themselves. Do you have any experience with this as i really do want this to succeed.
x x
RayRay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #168  

S/C/G: SW - 82.4/ CW - 71/ GW - 60

Height: 5ft 4inches

Hi Sarah from Rugby! I live in Northampton at mo but am moving to Rugby in a couple of weeks so will be Sarah from Rugby #2!

To everyone I would also appreciate a LighterLife buddy - I'm keeping a blog but I'm sure I'm boring my friends to death with it! Oops but I would really really appreciate contact from someone also doing LighterLife (I've just started week 7) so please message me!

Hope to hear from someone!!

Regards

Sarah

Last edited by mia79gbr; 02-24-2017 at 03:11 PM.
mia79gbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #169  

Default Found you all

Hi I am starting my first day on Lighterlife tomorrow morning with my first of many food packs LOL glad Ive found more lighterlife people on here

Lottyfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 266/208/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Wieghed in on Monday and had lost 6.5 lbs this week. Yipee! Feel fantastic. That's 9.5 lbs in 2 weeks.
I agree that £66 a week is a lot, but I just decided I'm worth it. How often have I blown close to £50 on a meal and drinks with friends? Or I'm out shopping and pop in for a coffee and sandwich? So I'm just chanelling the money I would usually spend on me into something more important. I've always said if there was a magic pill to lose weight I would take it. This is as close as it gets for me. I eat exactly what I'm told, and I lose the weight.
They dont taste great, but its not forever. One girl in my group doubles the shakes up, just to get it over with!
I'm feeling really motivated just now..wish me luck for it continuing! We all know that one day of depression, boredem etc and it can all be lost!!

katie1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #171  

Good Luck
Lottyfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 AM   #172  

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default Virgin LighterLifer

Dear All,

I am new to this on line chat and also to Lighterlife. Katie, I like your attitude and agree with what you say. I have my initial consultation session on 24th May and I'm 99% sure I will start the programme.

I have been on weightwatchers and whilst I did get to my target weight I over the course of many years put it all back on. I like the idea of taking away temptation altogether rather than saying you can have some of this and some of that.I gave up smoking in 2000 using the same principle, I just stopped.

My husband is a fabulous cook which will be hard but he is supporting me 100%. I could be wrong but I dont think my family and friends are going to give me the support I need, which is why Im looking for support from you all.

I believe I have 4 stone to lose.....Fingers crossed for all of you.
New Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 AM   #173  
Kate

S/C/G: 203/203/133

Height: 5' 8''

Default Loose Skin?

Hi everyone.
I went to the intro meeting last night.
Getting my medical form signed this week, and hopefully going to be starting LL next Monday if our leader has enough ladies by then.
So excited about starting. The only thing that I am worried about is loose skin. Has anyone suffered? Worried that you could get it with the speed of the weight loss.
Kate
K8SKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 248/209/147

Height: 5'5"

Hiya

Not posted on here for a wihle so I thought I'd catch up. Well done to everyone who's losing and good luck to all the new starters!

I've just finished my 14 weeks of Foundation and I've lost 3 stone 11 lbs in that time. I've found it really difficult to stick to in the last couple of weeks, but then I had a lot going on at home too (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). So now I'm back on track and going into Development - first meeting this week. Only another 3 months to go...

As for foodpacks - nutritionally they have absolutely everything you need. Replacing them with food (even healthy food) will take you out of ketosis and either slow down or completely stop your weight loss! Believe me - I know! Also the bad taste in your mouth could be the result of ketosis - not necessarily the foodpacks. Loads of people get bad breath on LL (and Atkins which works in a similar way).
As for them getting boring. Yes sometimes I get a bit bored. I've found that my tastes have changed a little though - I hated the bars at the beginning but now I actually look forward to having it. It's so nice having something to chew! Plus you should be able to get recipe sheets from your counsellors - I've made the crisps which were nice but I can't get the muffins to work - I must be doing something wrong :S
Has anyone tried the new flavours yet? I tried the strawberry this week and was undecided.
RowanMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 AM   #175  

Default Support needed please!

Thought I would resurrect this thread as I am starting LL on 23 June and really would apprecaite some support.
xxxxxxx
Minnie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #176  

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Hi Minnie64, Im on week 7 of LL and Ive lost 1st 11lbs. I feel great. I also gave up caffeine and had a horrendous headache for the first 5 days. How have you coped for the first 2 weeks?
New Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #177  

Default Just started!

Hi New Curves sorry I have not replied - only just been in website!
WOW what a fantastic weight loss! How much have you got to lose?
Although I joined on 27 June I went on holiday to Barbados on 1 July so due to that and dinner commitments I actually started yesterday! I did ok yesterday but only JUST managed the 4l of water as I had a late night Saturday and was up late Sunday! Doing better today, have done 3l already (just after 2pm). I try not to drink after 7pm for obvious reasons lol I must admit I have a headach today but I know that is due to detox and am sure all will be ok in a couple of days. After 3 weeks the ladies in my group have all lost at least 1 stone! One lady has lost 19lbs! Maybe we could become buddies whilst doing this plan - help each other along with encouragement etc. Send me a private message if you want to be diet buddies and I will PM my email address to you
Good luck
Lynn xxxx
Minnie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:58 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 118.6/112.9/70

Height: 5 foot 10

Default Hello Girlie Girls!

Hey everyone,

i have just completed week2 and i am so excited about this diet!

24/f/raynes park, london
5'10-yes another tall girl...

so good luck to everyone and feel free to approach me with any questions or if you need some motivation! coz i got lots to go around!

flamenca star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:07 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 118.6/112.9/70

Height: 5 foot 10

minnie, why have u given up caffeine aswell? they say u shouldn't give up everything at once otherwise u get serious withdrawl headaches.....
flamenca star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:03 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 183/183/133

Height: 5ft 5

Hi Everyone, I have just started this Lighterlife programme, and am on day two. I havent experienced any side effects (YET!!!) but maybe they are to come!! Everyone at home was eating home-made pizza yesterday, and although i was being lured by the heavenly smell, I still managed to stick to my water!!

The only thing that concerns me at the moment, is that I have not been given any kind of literature or books etc, about any of this programme! Should i not get something? The reason I ask is because I made a shake at home, put it in a bottle and took it work to have at lunch!! But I read on a website that the shake must be consumed within 15mins of making it! Is that right? Did you all get a pack of information when you started? Many thanks xx
Miss Understood is offline   Reply With Quote