No more Slimming Magazine?

• i just heard that there with by no more issues of the Slimming Magazine. No wonder I couldn't find it this week! Oh I am sad, I really loved that mag - any suggestions for a replacement?
  • How about "looking good" mag... it is at walmart and you can sign up for 12 issues... very motivating
  • I actually really like Lighter Life's mag, even though I don't do their diet, I just find it a good read, and a lot of really helpful articles.
  • Zest .. but not sepcifit diet related stuff... general health / exersice...

sliming world mag to.. but thats the plan im followin..
  • I love Boost! Your weight loss It's put out by Scottish Slimmers, which is a basic old fashioned weight watchers type programme, and the magazine is really good, with some great articles.

I like Health and Fitness which is a bit like Zest, but a bit more targetted at people who want to exercise.

For hardcore exercisers Ultrafit is the mag, its brilliant!!!

The Rosemary Conley mag is good too, I only bought it once, but it put me onto the RC chocolate mousse for which I am forever grateful!!!
  • Quote:
    I like Health and Fitness which is a bit like Zest, but a bit more targetted at people who want to exercise.

For hardcore exercisers Ultrafit is the mag, its brilliant!!!

The Rosemary Conley mag is good too, I only bought it once, but it put me onto the RC chocolate mousse for which I am forever grateful!!!
    ahh yup health & fitness is good...
    not heard of ultrafit will look out 4 that...

hahaha @ the chock mouse...
  • OMG! no more Slimming??? But I loved that mag!!!
  • That is sad. They had some really good diets in there. One I liked was a new year diet and there were several variations including a very strict one, vegetarian, budget one, eating out one etc. I tried the strict one and then went on to the veggie one and actually 'enjoyed' it. I did loose a good bit on it. Sadly I had to chuck out the mags when I moved. If I ever found it again in a jumble sale or whatever I would buy it.
  • I like the Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Magazine. The recipes in it are great and the stories always inspiring! Plus there's always something about the psychology of weight loss, which I find helpful.
  • I've only bought the January issue the last two years when it had a food diary with it. Is Slimmer still going? That's was rubbish last time I saw it. I'm not reading any of them at the mo, they mess with my head!
  • I'm gutted Slimmin has gone. I bought Slimmer recently - was awful.
  • Yes slimmer is awful - I agree.

I just bought a copy of Boost (the scottish slimmers magazine) I got if from ebay because it was advertised as Boost/Slimming Magazine. It was ok but hardly any recipes. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again. I don't like the lighter life mag either. On the other hand I do like WW mag and Slimming World. I am not following those particular diets but I can still use the recipes etc.

Goodbye Slimming Magazine - we'll miss you!!
  • Slimming magazine! God, that takes me back. I used to always buy slimming magazine it was excellent. I really like lighter life mag even though I'm not on their diet. I will miss slimming mag.