tesco internet phone?

• anyone tried them out? i got one today also bought one for my gf who's home for the summer. made a few calls on it just waiting till tuesday when i see her to set hers up. save on my massive mobile bills.
  • How does it work Si? I've been thinking of getting one for my OH's Birthday in august - there are phone "issues" in his house LOL, I can't get mu head round the difference between this and using, say, MSN for voice chats.
  • well it acts as a normal phone just plugged into the computer. the difference between it and msn voice chats are that its a phone. you can dial out to mobile and land lines world wide, and you can dial from mobiles and landlies to the computer
  • I have internet phone service over here, it's brill! I can call all over the US and eastern Europe for $20 a month....I am on the phone all the time, have never had bad lines or service and am thrilled with it....if you're getting it over there, I would say get it, it has to be better than BT and their prices anyday.
  • So, does it have it's own number then? and what about running costs?

Sorry, I'm getting old and the technology is starting to confuse me!
  • It has a regular number, I can even have a Brit number if I want, you just have this little square thing that you plug your phone into and it's plugged into the computer, it's just like using a regular phone, but a whole lot cheaper. I'm not tech savvy either luv, but hope this helps.