UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #76  

I'm coming home!!!! I'm in Singapore again, tired, broke, and ready to go to sleep somewhere!!!! Still got 4 hours here and then 16 hours on a plane. Joy. But I have had the best time ever!!!!! My 24 hour train trip was fabulous, and a fitting reward for having lost half my weight that I wanted to lose. Gotta get to work on the slight gain I have taken......too much good food!!!!!

I have missed you all. Am most impressed you have racked up 5 July pages without me and my rabbitings!!!

It's really hot and humid here, even in the aiport. I have decided they keep it like this to grow orchids.

Hello to any new peeps that I have missed

Kylie
Old 07-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #77  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

YAY You're coming HOME!

Glad you had a lovely time

Calories on holiday don't count
Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #78  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Kylie - - I'm looking forward to reading all about your Aussie adventures! Like Frus says, calories on holiday don't count and you'll get back on the diet/exercise treadmill feeling a lot better for the break.

You've missed all the hot weather here.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hey Kylie, glad you had a fantastic holiday

Sarah, shame about last night, but your plans for tonight sound good. I have the truely exciting task of going to Tescos which should be fun! After last night I have decided to get the rowing machine out of retirement, and move it to somewhere more pleasant - perhaps in front of the TV. Last night I was just staring at the cat litter tray - not so pleasant

I am getting my sister's cold, I can feel it lurking, but I am not going to give in . I'm drinking lots of water and have taken some vitamin C...any other suggestions?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #80  
Consistency + Balance

Only that if you feel you're getting a temp then take a couple of paracetamol - and get an early night.

Why don't you order your Tesco shopping on-line - I use Sainsburys now - saves money (no impulse buying) and cos you only order what you need you don't get tempted by all the naughty goodies.

Good idea about moving the rowing machine - I find that since I put the stationary bike next to a TV and a little CD player I now feel a bit more enthusiastic about using it.

I've done myself a couple of cardio music CDs - each 20 mins long which is the length of one of my HIIT cardio sessions and each contains a compilation of music with a fast beat. I can't peddle that bike unless I'm listening to something fast. I'm now working on doing a couple of abs and stretches CDs. The chill out stretches music is easy but I'm stuck on the music for abs / crunches.

I'm looking forward to tonight's dinner - I love barbequed fish!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #81  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You need hard rock music for lifting and/or crunches, something with a lot of grunting and drums!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #82  

I'm dog sitting 3 dogs but I'm by the beach so that's ok. My sister is getting a bus back from the lakes at 11, hmm bound to miss it!

Kyk don't forget pics! Of what I don't know but I just like pics.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 AM   #83  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi Kylie! We'll probably pass at the airport.

My dad is winding me up. He arrived yesterday and said he wanted to go to his mother's for lunch today. I said I had other plans (a run, washing and packing) which will take me most of the day, and that I didn't think I'd be able to make it.

I get in at midnight and he tells me he's arranged to go for lunch at 12.30. As my run will take me nearly 3 hours, then I need to wash, dry, pack etc that's not good. Plus my grandmother's idea of vegetarianism is of the "so you eat chicken" type, and while she's getting used to the idea I try to make sure we eat out rather than looking like too much of a faddy eater if she's cooked something I don't like. It annoys me anyway when people make plans without asking me, even worse when they've asked me and I've already said no.

I'm not cutting my run short just to go over, I had plans before he decided to come, and I want to stick to them, because it's the last long run I'll do for two weeks.

I've just had some pre-run quick acting energy (OK, chocolate), and I'm planning to head out at about 7. The plan is 16 - 17 miles!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #84  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I should have added that the reason I was a bit stroppy was probably because it's TOM... chocolate and a run to clear my head have appeased the TOM monsters though!

Anyway, the run is now done (16.7 miles in 2:43ish), and it was the best long run I've ever done with a mere 90 second walk break, and my overall pace faster than 10 minute miles. I think from a quick look through my programme that betwen rest weeks like next week and the taper for the last three weeks or so that's actually the fourth longest run I have to do, I just need to do 1 18 miler and 2 20 milers now, then the worst will be over. I can't believe how straight forward it's been to get to this point, and I definitely felt like I could have carried on for longer when I finished today.

The washing is in the machine, but we havecome to an arrangement. He will go over for lunch then come back for me when I'm done, and we'll go back there for the rest of the afternoon. So I get to cook myself something healthy (probably a fritatta with lots of veg) and do the rest of my jobs, but I'll still go over there later. It's not that I don't want to see them, but as we only need to be at the airport at about 8 I thought it would be more sensible to go over at about 3 or 4 on the way to the airport rather than for lunch when I have jobs I need to finish. So that's when I'll probably go, and he'll go over earlier.

Right, I suppose I should start the packing!

Last edited by YP1; 07-08-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #85  
Consistency + Balance

Have a nice time, Helen.

Families.... I bet your Dad doesn't know what to make of the different daughter that you've become. I was veggie for a few years and I know that older people don't understand it, especially the golden oldies that went through the War because meat was such a luxury to them that they can't understand anyone turning it down.

The barbeque was lovely last night. There were eight of us for dinner and my friend had decided to experiment by barbequing the really exotic kinds of fish you see on a good fish counter. I've forgotten all the names but I think some of them were red tilapia, red snapper (but that could have been the same thing) there was a yellow fish, tuna, monkfish and swordfish (lovely!!), trout, salmon, sardines (the fresh kind) - we all had a little bit of each. DH even tried the calamari!! She did a massive dish of prawns and bit size vegies with various different dips as a starter. Bless her - she remembered that I'm not eating fatty stuff so for dessert she'd made a virtually fat free baked lemon cheesecake with fresh strawberries which was so delish that I'm making it again myself tomorrow. (If it works I'll put the recipe on the recipe thread.)

So I was being VERY good - single glass of red wine... plenty of water... grilled fish... salad.... yoghurt & mint salad dressing... low fat cheesecake... strawberries.... - then I completely ruined it by pigging out on the biscuits, crackers and cheeses she put on the table at the end. (The combination of gorgonzola and Hovis digestive biscuits is GORGEOUS!)

So, to make up for all the calories, I've walked the dogs until George refused to go any further and I've cleaned all through downstairs and cleaned the windows and washed all the floors - and now I'm about to start an arms and back weights workout followed by abs and stretches - which should last about an hour and a quarter.

Yayyyyyyy the new saddle for my bike just arrived. Its a brand new bike and, like all new bikes, it came with one of those modern very narrow ones which are (IMHO) dreadful - it makes certain bits of me go numb if I ride it on rough terrain or for more than 20 minutes - so I bought a wide gell saddle off eBay (they call it a big bum seat!) It was blummin' expensive but I'm hoping I'll feel a bit more enthusiastic about using the bike now.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #86  

oh i know all about sore bum from cycling..

I have a gel cover that goes over the saddel... the best option as i go spinning.. and cant change the bikes!...

BUT i must be getting used to it as i was in a hurry and left the gel thing in my locker... so left it .. did the class.. not as bad as i thought.. yay.. its quite heavy.. so will mot miss lugging it to n from work to gym etc...

ive been going 3x a week for a few months.. really noticing a diffrence... and my wt loss isnt so go the weeks i miss classes if ive been feelign a bit ropey.... however i wasnt feeling great today but went.. thiking it would help... an it did.. i think my heart rate is a bit low ok quite a bit.. (was 45 the other week! ) form pills im tasking but ive not taken em 4 a while.. so think need to go to drs... grrr
Old 07-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

I've been doing some serious housework, I got very dull. My husband is out
working, one son at his friends other son just mooching around the house.
One of my friends popped around this afternoon we sat in the garden and
caught up on the gossip.

I just had the most wonderful plate of veggie pasta, followed by a Yeo Farm
organic yoghurt they are just gorgeous.

A quiet evening for me tonight laying on my sofa reading.

I feel thinner today even though the scales havent shifted.

Have a lovely Saturday evening everyone

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 10 stone 4 lbs
GW 9 stone 7

Height 5.0
Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #88  

I think I've just made myself ill by trying not to cry at the end of Doctor Who. It too sad.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #89  

oooooooo i forgot....
i went spinning the otherday... and a woamn comes in late..jumps on the bike next to me... BUT she didnt adjust teh sadle etc.. so it looked like she was riding a kids bike hehe... the instructor sorted her bike up after a little smile lol... and her bike was slightly in front of mine... her bra was onshow.. with "cups" written on the back.... kept me amused for most of the time hehe..
Old 07-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #90  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
I think I've just made myself ill by trying not to cry at the end of Doctor Who. It too sad.
I just cried ... and cried and I've got earache now. Especially at the bit where the doctor and her were either side of that wall.... and when her Mum and Dad got back together.... and when Rose and the hologram doctor met on the beach. (Basically I cried through most of tonights programme - wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!) DH thinks I'm nuts - its not like it hasn't been all over the media that she was leaving the programmme this week. I'm so glad they didn't kill her off. I really, really hope that Catherine Tate isn't the permanent replacement - I think I'll stop watching it if she is the new companion.

I really didn't think Billie Piper was going to be up to the job when Doctor Who first re-started but I really do think she has played the part very well, especially tonight. I even had a tearful watching Doctor Who Confidential.
Closed Thread