UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default My little bridesmaid!

What d'yall think?

I like her hair down, but should I get some flowers or something for her hair? I think at least 1 other bridesmaid will do the hair down thing. What about the straps? I think it looks nicer without them, but apparently she keeps pulling the dress up without them, so it might be better to keep them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h1.jpg (34.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg h2.jpg (31.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg h3.jpg (31.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg h4.jpg (28.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg h5.jpg (32.9 KB, 30 views)
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h6.jpg (34.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg h7.jpg (33.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-27-2006, 04:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

If she feels like she has to keep pulling the dress up then straps are a must, you don't want anything detracting from you on the big day! I personally think that she looks better with the wrap thingy as well, it looks more posh and weddingy. I think hair down is better, it frames her face nicely. Maybe she could get it straightened or something for the day? I don't think she needs a flower for her hair, but if she has one it should probably either match your flowers or be a dark red colour to match the dress.

By the way, that dress is a beautiful colour.
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:43 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Doesn't she look lovely??

JMHO if she is more comfortable with the straps then let her have them. It is probably more suitable for a girl of that age to have straps anyway - I think that age and strapless might look a bit like she's playing dressing up. How many bridesmaids are you having? Perhaps the older one(s) could wear the dress without straps.

Same again with the hair, if she's more comfortable with it down then go with her wishes and buy some pretty flowers for her to wear in it. I quite like it when bridesmaids have their hair down - traditionally 'maids' did wear their hair down which set them apart from married women.

I was a bridesmaid to my sister at a similar age and I spent the whole day feeling very uncomfortable - so my memories of that wedding are pretty miserable.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

The other girlies are wearing the same dress but strapless, so it will be ok. Everyone wants the wraps too!

I have a friend with straighteners... Will that do for her hair! I think a wedding hairdresser in the city will be a pain to find! Oh yeah and expensive!
Old 06-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Experiment beforehand... lots... remember that if it rains or is damp or humid it'll all ping back up in to curls.

I don't get it... it is not possible to get straighter hair than I've got - I'd LOVE waves or curls without having to use all kinds of equipement (and even then they disappear within a hour) but everyone with waves or curls is desperate to get straight hair.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

I have lovely curls and I love them! They are a pain in the @$$ though when they are not just washed, so to keep my hair looking reasonable for more than 4 hours I tie it back when it's wet and let it dry!

I meant the straighteners for little sweetie - just to smooth it out! I bet she doesn't need much hairdressing!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #8  

I have wavy hair too, so I can go straight or curly without much effort.

Word of warning re straightening, do a practice run first as her hair will be different to your friends so may take more time or effort. It takes me twice as long to do my hair as my sister takes to do hers because my hair is thicker, but if she asks me to do hers I find it really difficult because it is so flyaway.

Also, your little bridesmaid seems to have nice layering around her face, so I'd try to bring that forward and make those bits curl up slightly at the ends so that they frame her face beautifully. I think that looks much nicer than the dead straight locks that some go for.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah, maybe I'll book her in for a pro blow-dry somewhere. Or her mum can sort her out!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 AM   #10  

Her mum sounds like a great idea! That way you can concentrate on your own hair/make-up/dress etc!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Let her mum know what you would like, and see if she will help her!

I also vote for straps/wrap/and hair down! The other hair option would be to put the front part up, but leave it long in the back...
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #12  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

IMO: hair down, but styled, pull back/clip up lieces of hair away from her face, lil ringlits or something wud be good
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote