UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
I went swimming this morning (after my LBWO and 2 hour walk with the dogs - some holiday!) I was asking about the cost of monthly/annual gym memberships and got given a leaflet with it all on. It also said that .... if you get FREE PRESCRIPTIONS then you can get in to your local Leisure Centres for half price - I get free prescriptions because of the underactive thyroid thing - but nobody tells you this stuff. How can you know your entitled to it if they don't put a notice on the reception wall or something!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me - DH noticed that a mole on my back has changed shape/texture and its recently started to itch and bleed so I've got to go to the doctor this afternoon.
Fingers crossed for you.

I have a mole on my face a little beauty spot and it tends to get spots behind it and change shape all the time I'm always really worried about it but the doctor said to avoid taking it off if possible because its by my mouth and will probably scar they've measured it and everything though. If its itchy though and bleeding its def worth being concerned its one of the things I was told to watch out for. might just be your tops rubbing against it though or a spot of sunburn. My cousin has had 3 taken off and none have turned out to be cancerous yet.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #92  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Take care of yourself Sarah
Old 06-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #93  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Its actually on a bit of my back that I can't see and which never gets exposed to the sun. TBH I never noticed it until about 2 months ago when DH said something along the lines of 'do you know you've got a mole on your back which is getting darker' but its really changed texture and size in the last week or two. I'm not *too* worried because cancer isn't something we've ever had in my family (they have all died from heart attacks or strokes instead). I know genetics isn't infallible but I'm hoping it'll make it less likely that its skin cancer.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #94  

Sarah Ann - you have reminded me I have a mole type thing on my back which is getting raised mainly cos I thought it was a flat type of spot and kept scratching it! I am also hoping the Dr will removed the 'necklace' of skin tags on my neck which get caught up in clothing and I find them unsightly.

My friend has a mole removd years ago and the silly sods at the hospital lost it. We did have a laught about it but blimey!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #95  

Yeah I never noticed mine on my back until I had a blitz on the old cocoa butter and was rubbing it in. It is hard to notice unless you have a full length mirror!!

What is annoying me even more (though from a health view point not such a worry) is hard lumps - dunno if it is a cyst or not but I have one on the side of my finger. The doctor said they won't remove it cos could lead to infection. I seem to have similar lumps that come up on the soles of my feet. Rather annoying really
Old 06-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Peacock, if it is a cyst it shouldn't feel like it is tied down in anyway. If by pushing and prodding it you can move it around, then it probably is a cyst, and should hopefully go away on its own in time.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #97  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

It wasn't anything to worry about (I think!) He was very re-assuring, measured it and told me to come back in a month or sooner if I'm worried about it.

Thing is... I wouldn't have gone in the first place if I hadn't been worried about it.

I get those cysts - sort of hard raised flat lumps - I've got one on the outside of each arm and the top of each thigh - I've had them for years and they've just started started getting smaller. (Another doctor told me not to worry about them years ago.) They don't hurt or anything - just look a bit strange cos they don't tan.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #98  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've got a night in on a Thursday! Bliss! I'm between Spanish courses (the old one finished last week, the new one should start next week if it's running), so I get to stay in and do all my washing and packing for the weekend because I'm out tomorrow night. I picked up my train tickets on the way home, and I'm getting my new trainers in the morning, and then I'll be ready!

Sarah Ann, hopefully the doctor is right and it's nothing to worry about. At least now you've spotted it you can keep an eye on it.

I'm sure I had something else to say, but it's gone straight out of my head. Ah well. I've got a rest day scheduled for tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the prospect of an early night AND a lie in. Bliss! I would have gone for a swim tomorrow with not doing anything on Saturday either, but the pool is closed today and tomorrow, and I'm definitely not running or doing weights, so I think I'll sleep instead
Old 06-08-2006, 03:30 PM   #99  

Sodding Johnsons holiday sun its meant to be a gradual tan its not meant to make you look liek Michelle Heaton

I got myself a knee support today and a cheap cap care of decathlon their sports bras were terrible though I'll be better in my ancient one until I can get one thats decent (I've only got little boobs anyway)

You girls when you run do you have a belt or something to keep your keys and water in. I need something for a bit of money, housekey, water bottle and inhaler as I cant run without them but they do my head in.

They seemed to have little wrist things for money which were good but not big enough or big belts with water bottles in and they looked like the bottle would fall out which would really annoy me. ANy suggestions I was thinking of a really mini backpack but I cant find any.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #100  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I have shorts with a little zip pocket in the back. I only really carry my keys and my iPod (round my neck), sometimes with a bit of cash in there too (or a bus pass occasionally if I don't think I'll make the distance). I carry my water bottle in my hand, although I only tend to take one out if I'm running for more than an hour or if it's hot.

I'm getting a Camelbak though, one of those hydration rucksacks where you have a reservoir of water and a drinking tube, with a smallish pocket for carrying stuff. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives!

I saw someone running with one of those water bottle belts on Sunday, and sure enough about 200 metres in it fell out. There are some where the bottle is at an angle that look better made than some of the cheap looking ones, I think the ones I saw were Nathan Triangles.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I hate Granary bread but have just discovered Hovis White Granary with bits of stuff mmmmm with Laughing Cow cheese (light) mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
I have shorts with a little zip pocket in the back. I only really carry my keys and my iPod (round my neck), sometimes with a bit of cash in there too (or a bus pass occasionally if I don't think I'll make the distance). I carry my water bottle in my hand, although I only tend to take one out if I'm running for more than an hour or if it's hot.

I'm getting a Camelbak though, one of those hydration rucksacks where you have a reservoir of water and a drinking tube, with a smallish pocket for carrying stuff. I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives!

I saw someone running with one of those water bottle belts on Sunday, and sure enough about 200 metres in it fell out. There are some where the bottle is at an angle that look better made than some of the cheap looking ones, I think the ones I saw were Nathan Triangles.
I put it round me in the shop and jiggled and it fell out so I knew it'd fall out. Stupid things. The belt did have a good pocket on it but it was too thick it would annoy me I wonder if I can get a smaller one from somewhere.

I really need water and my inhaler or else I'll be all over the place I think I'll have to find a little bag from somewhere they had one little string pull one but it wouldn't close properly so I thought theres no point to it.

Wheres the best place to get a sports bra from? As I said the decathlon ones were rubbish and I don't know any independent bra shops. Do any of the high street chains do good sports bras mine is going into hole I got it from contessa way back in the dark ages I've had it years so i def need one and despite having little boobs its still best to get as much support as poss.

Can't wait for the review of the ruck sack they sound like a good plan.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #103  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I've been up and about for a bit sorting stuff out for the weekend and I've been to pick up the new trainers, they look exactly the same as the old ones (but a different colour - they match the tshirts for Sunday!) so fingers crossed that's the end of the foot/leg problems (as long as I remember to replace them earlier this time so I have two pairs on the go at once).

Hopefully the weather will be nice this evening, I'm going to the rugby after work and it's in Leeds which is my favourite game of the year because I can just potter my way up there via a beer garden or two I've packed some healthy food so that I can indulge on beer rather than having beer AND chips
Old 06-09-2006, 04:13 AM   #104  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

OMG Johnson's Holiday skin - that really me over! In the end I had to use fake tan corrector wipes AND a sisal scrubber with lots of soap in the bath and it came off ok!! But yeah

As for sports bras I like the Berlei Shock Absorbers which are stocked in all good Debenhams They rock!

Oh I went kickboxing last night and sweated buckets It's a good job I super-hydrated, I think the 5L I drank during the day was JUST enough to keep me from falling over! I felt really thirsty afterwards too and ended up with a dehydration headache when I got home So I should've drunk more!!!! The instructor said at the beginning of the class that he'd JUST eaten a McDonalds World Cup Big Mac, large fries and large milkshake, so he said anyone sparring with him should aim for his stomach! Well I sparred with him in our second round and landed a good one right in his gut! It's not often I land one on Lee, but when I do, it's always a goodun!

I also made it right down into box splits! Hooray! Everyone was most impressed! I'm having trouble with side splits though, they are next to be practised! I think it's because of my sciatica and my back, my muscles are all right, but the nervy pain stops me going lower!

It's my day of rest today! I am skipping the gym in order to rest for Sunday! I shall have a nice nap
Old 06-09-2006, 04:19 AM   #105  

So 2 frus - were you tangoed by Johnsons Holiday skin??

There is no way I am attempting any fake tan stuff - I will end up patchy and tangoed all over. It makes me look 'Dirty' anyway.

More fool your instructor for telling you to aim for his gut!
Closed Thread