UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 02:29 PM   #151  

I want a new phone mine is boring. I want mp3 ringtones and all those snazzy teenager things not that it hardly rings I just use it for texts mostly.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:09 PM   #152  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hola! I'm back!!!

And my new phone is waiting for me at the post office when I get round to collecting it (which had better be soon as I lost my old one for a while in Madrid and phoned to cancel it, before finding it again. But I knew a new one was coming so I'm not bothered about it being locked for a couple of days while I wait for the new one to arrive rather than phoning back to admit my stupidity...)

Madrid was fab, I did lots of shopping (I'm not sure whether the Mango clearance shop has recovered yet ), and I did lots of drinking and eating. And sightseeing and all sorts of stuff. Except running, that is... This morning the scales were up quite a lot, but I'm hoping it's just water. Really hoping! I managed just over 5k on the treadmill this morning, first run for over a week, my calves were really sore from wearing flipflops for the past 8 days, but it wasn't too bad. I'm meant to be doing Race for Life on Wednesday but I don't know whether I'll make it, my application for my half marathon on Sunday got rejected, but that's possibly a good thing so that I can recover from the overindulgence.

I spoke lots of Spanish! I managed to explain a problem with my metro ticket, and I managed to struggle through a wine tasting at a farmer's market, using words like "I like", "I prefer", "I would like to buy". Such hard work

I got back just before 10 last night (I went for a meal out on the way back from the airport on the basis that the holiday isn't over til the key goes in the lock at home). Work today was horrible though, I had to work til 7.30, then I'm in London all day tomorrow (probably a 13 hour day), I'm not sure whether I'll make it to Race for Life on Wednesday because of a work do I might be roped into (I said I'd do the work do instead of the run for a substantial donation to Cancer Research, we'll see whether it materialises), I've got Spanish on Thursday so I doubt I'll manage to unpack before the weekend! I managed to stock up on a bit of food at M&S on the way home, before being chatted up by a dodgy old drunk guy at the bus stop. I've never been so glad to see the bus arrive!

I managed to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg per day which is something I've never managed in Spain (the Land that Vegetables Forgot) before. Admittedly I'm being a little creative counting the free olives that came with my wine, a bit of fruit juice and some dried fruit, but it still takes some doing to find even a single vegetable in some of the stuff they serve up!

I'm rambling on a lot, it must be the bottle of Spanish wine I've just opened. I'm trying to decide whether to go for a run before the early train tomorrow, because I really should, but it would involve getting up unbearably early after a holiday. Still, I've managed to reinforce into my head that being this weight takes hard work, so it's time to put that into effect.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #153  

So good to have you back!!!!!

Interesting theory on your fruit and veg intake, you'll be claiming chocolate as a fruit next! Afterall, it does grow on trees!!!

I have a busy day tomorrow, a man is coming to look at the bathroom, and measure us up for a new bathroom suite! Woo hoo! My phone is being delivered, my top I bought from Ebay for a fiver (which doth includeth postage) is being delivered, I need to take script to the doctors, and take a bag of clothes to the charity shop.

What a day, sounds busier than being at work!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #154  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm not counting the wine at least! Seriously though, I made it most days without the benefits of "creative accounting", but the little extras came in handy for making me feel virtuous. I still ate too much quantity wise (or more than normal at least), but I know that it was mainly good quality stuff with only a very small amount of rubbish.

I want a new bathroom, but I'll stick to a new phone for now I think!
Old 05-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #155  

Does anyone here speak Italian? Anyone know of a good learning CD thing I can buy I need to be able to at least say please and thanks when I go.

Sounds like you had a good time Helen. Olives totally count in the fruit and veg tally
Old 05-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #156  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I have (had? not sure whether my sister stole it when she had an Italian boyfriend) a set called "Contatti" that seemed pretty good. I didn't get that far into it, but it was enough to do the whole ordering and getting around thing.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #157  

ooh I might see if I can get that on amazon. I went to the library in hope but they didn't have any CDs I want something for the MP3 player at the gym.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 AM   #158  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Welcome back Helen. Sounds like you had a good time - there's no way to enjoy a foreign country more than to eat the local cuisine.

The tickers are back - I didn't realise how much I look at them until they weren't there!

Beautiful day here - my foot doesn't hurt so much so I really enjoyed my walk this morning. I clocked up over 12 miles without realising it.

More of my eBay goodies have arrived this morning. Mine tend to be jeans, crops, shorts, T shirts - that kind of thing. I'm going to have to buy some more undies - some of my more comfortable knickers are size 26 and I'm a size 16 now - they come up over my bust.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #159  

Welcome back YP ooh you need to put your 'story' in the new Goal! forum
Old 05-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #160  

Yes you do indeed young lady.

Well, I'm happy, the top from Ebay arrived, the plumber (who just so happened to be tall, dark, about 25 or so and handsome) came shortly thereafter, and then the phone deliverer, who invited himself around later, supposedly to help with the ironing (he was cute too!) So all my men were gone by 10.30, I've done some ironing, about to shorten about two feet off frus' trousers, and then perhpas I'll have a rest. Oh and I went to the gym too!

I'm so glad I got the day off today, it's been great!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #161  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Kykaree, you and your boys!!!! You should perhaps read that unwanted attention thread in the support bit, sounds like it's getting into a heavy debate, but it's interesting!

I've had buffet for lunch. Now I want to die! I'm so bad at buffets!!!! Plus I got cornered by a dodgy creepy dude, so I had to dive into the crisps to avoid him - natch!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #162  

Hmmm except in my case, it's not unwanted! LOL I felt so fat and ugly for so long, it's nice to flirt occasionally. My dh is the world's biggest male flirt, so if he's allowed, I'm allowed!

We had a buffet at work, one of the reasons I didn't want to go in! Even if I ate a whole bar of chocolate now, calorie wise, I would be better off than if I'd gone to work!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #163  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I know, there's 2 sides to the debate over there! It's a pretty hot topic! Personally I hate getting leered at! The nice men never flirt!

Ick buffets... I shouldda just had my dinner and no buffet.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:26 PM   #164  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Yes, they do! Thats how I met DH. Nuff said.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #165  

i don't like being leered at, but a flirty exchange, or a glance - tht's nice. I don't really get leered at. I did have a guy grab one of girls once in a pub....when I was still huge, I just glared at him, but one of the girls I was with had a go, she was four foot 8 he was over 6 foot, but she scared him off, it was kinda hilarious!

I've been good today, done ironing, shortened trousers, been to the gym, it's been a really good day, and I have a nice shiny phone!!!

I like being home!!!!
Closed Thread