3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Energy Required (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/82261-energy-required.html)

Janie Jane 04-21-2006 01:12 PM

Energy Required

Hi all - I'm looking for some help :^:

I am feeling sooooo tired and I'm sure that it's sabotaging (or contributing to anyway) my weight loss efforts. I know that being overweight will result in me being tired but I want to know if any of you have any tips on how to give me a real boost of energy to help me on my way - hopefully then when some weight starts to come off I will generate more and more energy as I go along :carrot:

I'm having trouble summoning up the energy or enthusiasm to even think about eating decently at the moment.

Sarah Ann 04-21-2006 02:45 PM

Thats a bit of a Catch-22 situation because eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day of 'clean' food (food without additives, that hasn't been processed and which is low on the GI index) actually helps you sleep - and with adequate sleep you feel able to face anything. Ditch anything like tea, coffee and cola which have caffeine in from after lunch until bed time and increase your exercise levels. I find that the more I exercise, the heavier I sleep and the better I feel the next day.

If all else fails, have a large green salad for supper and a mug of warm/hot/cold skimmed milk before bed and tuck some lavender under your pillow or sprinkle a little lavender oil on your pillow case.

Good luck - being constantly tired is a miserable way to exist.

impossible princess 04-21-2006 03:00 PM

eat a banana or two a day in the mornings or dump them in smoothies if you can't stand them. They have slow release energy which is loads better than other sweet things which give you highs and lows.

Also one thing that I found really gets me awake is tai chi classes. You don't break a sweat at all and people of all shapes and sizes do them but you end up wonderfully awake and energised. Make sure you are getting enough vit C
and also make sure you are getting enough sleep you should get 8hrs a night really.

Heva2015 04-21-2006 09:27 PM

Berocca vitamins are my lifesaver, my doctor also recommended Q10 Enzyme for tiredness.

Sarah Ann 04-22-2006 04:11 AM

I've been thinking some more about this. :) And I really did notice a difference in my energy levels after I started adding some low fat protein to all my meals and snacks.

Janie Jane 04-23-2006 04:02 PM

Thanks everyone - really good advice - I'm getting the banana stocks in on line as we speak :)

I do realise that it's an upward spiral and that once I really get into losing some weight and doing more exercise I will start to feel better and more energised - I've just been looking through a Simply B catalogue and I feel more inspired already - if I can find some clothes that I feel vaguely good in then I'll feel more motivated to keep going.

Hope you all had a good weekend