UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #31  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Just about to have mine!

Had a phone call from DH telling me that he made a mistake and the train from London won't get him HOME at 6.30 - it'll get him in to Doncaster at 6.30. For some reason he is insisting on getting a bus rather than a taxi and the bus doesn't leave until 7 so it looks like we won't be having our roast chicken dinner until 8pm! Men!

I just realised that our chav neighbours have got people living in the caravan in their garden!

I meant to tell about the recent chav experience from next door - last Wednesday their neighbour on the other side phoned the police at 11pm because she thought someone was being killed. (She's the unlucky one whose house is attached to theirs.) I think she must have dialled 999 because there was 2 police cars with 4 policemen in them with lights and sirens going. It took them 10 minutes hammering on the door before they were finally let in, then there was silence for about 2 minutes - then the female chav ran out in the road screaming and swearing. She was completely incandescent with rage - against her neighbour for phoning the police. I haven't yet been able to establish just who was attempting to murder who but I haven't seen her older daughter since

Oh, I just WISH someone would come and buy their house - this is such a quiet, peaceful road apart from them - but it just isn't going to happen, the estate agent has got it listed on their website and its incredibly over priced.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #32  

Heva! Too gruesome and I only read bits of that post with my eyes shut. I used to love horror, now I see no point to them.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Hope all is well.

Yesterday my friends and I went for a lovely long walk. Ended up getting hopelessly lost and had to knock at some huge big house for directions. Once
we found our way back we found a pub and sat down to a huge big plate of cheesy nachos each!! Then we all had a main course. I rang my husband when I was lost who didn't even seem that bothered, I said look if I am not back my midnight send for the police helicopter!! When I got home I said bloody **** if that had been about 15 years ago you would have said oh baby let me come and look for you. He said Michele I thought you were on a pub crawl.!!! The big eejit thinks I am some mad drinker since I got so rotten drunk St Patricks Day.

Today has been quiet, one son at his friend's my eldest fella is watching footie, and hubby is hoovering. I had to go and buy a new white shirt for my father and iron it for him as he has a funeral to go to tomorrow, then sort my mother out. |My mother is a burnt out schizophrenic I don't think she has ironed anything since I were about 9 years old!! Anyway enough of that or I will go off on a tangeant.

My Lent promise of giving up choccy and biscuits is still unbroken. I think I must have a period on its way because I am very cranky and have the most awful urge to eat. I daren't get on the scales. I feel a bit fed up with myself really my target is in sight but its so hard to motivate myself.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #34  
****zippy****

Location: I am from Dublin Ireland but now live in Yorkshire England

[QUOTE=Heva2015]I'm sorry I suppose somebody has to be though! Are you a rams fan? Salford play them in the cup tomorrow and I am slightly worried, it would be just like Salford to play well all season and then be cr@p against Dewsbury. One of my friends plays for Dewsbury so I'm thinking of ringing him up every hour through the night to put him off the game lol!!

ah well Im not from dewsbury so I have a decent excuse, I am irish from dublin but living here since 1988...not a rugger fan sorry am a footy fan.....

zippy_loopy_squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #35  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I was out exercising too I'm now back, sweaty, muddy, wet and very happy

I did my 10k first. The information they sent through says (in bold) that it was a "hilly and demanding multi-terrain course" so I was expecting to be a bit slower than usual and find it quite hard. I was really surprised by how well I handled it. There was only one bit that I had to walk for safety (uphill on grass) because it was too slippy to run safely. Other people did run it, but I didn't want to risk it. Apart from that it was fine, there were muddy bits but it was runnable. Of course, it helped that I was near the front, I bet after it had been churned up by a couple of hundred runners it was nasty for the people at the back! Anyway, having said all week that I didn't expect to go fast, I finished in 50:32, bearing in mind that my last 10k was 59:19 I was very happy with that

So I was muddy and sweaty, jumped in the car and raced down the M1 for the second part of the day - the rugby. I'd got other clothes in the car but didn't have anywhere to actually change into them or shower, so I ended up putting them on over my running kit (rugby fans aren't ready for the sight of my thighs in 3/4 running tights, and I get rather colder standing watching that running so I needed more clothes!). I tried to make myself a little more fragrant with wipes and deodorant, but still had mud splashes up the back of my legs (now hidden by some trousers on top). It started off as bad as normal, I think we were 22-6 down at one point. But we came back! For only the second time this season I'm happy about a result! We ended up winning 32-22, and I didn't even get bothered by the fact that I was standing in increasingly heavy rain without cover or an umbrella. Still, at least it was a bit of a shower

I'm now treating myself to a little red wine, and I think there will be a bath later to get rid of some of the mud and the aches. I thought that my abs had survived yesterday but I started feeling them midway round the run, and I can definitely feel them now!

Right, time for me to start lying around doing nothing
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #36  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Oh, and is Nell McAndrew pregnant at the moment? I only ask because I beat her and she's a pretty good runner, but when she was doing the warm up she was saying about it being a 10k walk. She started just behind me (she started it then dropped the hooter and set off), but I'm sure she didn't overtake me.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #37  

Well done!

I think Nell Mc is preg yes.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #38  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I'm back from visiting the folks and seeing Depeche Mode - they were fab as usual, and I must've lost at least a pound from all the dancing, singing, clapping and arm waving . That should cancel out the chocolate fudge cake that I had for dessert at the Big Family Nosh Up yesterday evening .

Hope you're all having fun weekends - how did there get to be THREE PAGES of posts in one day?!? I hate going away - so many posts to catch up with...

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:28 PM   #39  

Hello all.

My car's brakes work, huzzah! Not convinced the M65 was the best place to test them out, especially in this delightful weather, but I survived.

Done nowt much today, read a bit, had a bath. Certainly sounds like there were more exciting weekends out there!
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #40  

Yes Dippy you should stay in all weekend and have nothing to say like me! My back is killing me, the dogs are not getting long walks while my sister is away.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #41  

Ha ha, you know the reason Wigan won?? I didn't watch. I thought my bad karma might work through the telly so I sent them some happy thoughts and went and had a nap! Woo hoo Wigan! I told you there was still hope!

I didn't get to elbow the horrible man, but I glared at him when I was waiting for John (my 80 year old swimming buddy who was giving me a lift home). And then he got all flustered and couldn't get this drink out of the machine and had to keep getting different coins out and trying them, all the time with me glaring at him LOL

I can't believe this group, all up early on a rainy Sunday morning, we're mad!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #42  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm trying to force myself to stay awake - I should have had a nap earlier. DH's bus isn't due in to the village until 7.50 and I've got to finish cooking dinner and then eat it. (Unusual for me - I just do not feel like eating this roast chicken dinner!) I think I over-tired myself with all the walking and workout this morning cos I haven't much felt like eating at all today.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #43  

I've made a chicken and mushroom lasagne for tea. I used a combination of cottage cheese and no fat yoghurt with a couple of eggs for the white sauce. It shouldbe about 400 calories a serve I think, which is rather good for something so yummy!

I get so tired during the week, I really value my afternoon sleep at the weekends! I'm turning into my mum, she used to do that too.

Nell McAndrew had a really horrible miscarriage not long ago, and is now pregnant again. She is trying to raise money for a quiet room at her local hospital where people can be given bad news in private. i'm sure you could beat her unpreggers now though!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #44  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I don't think so - she got an elite time (under 3:15) for the London Marathon a year or two ago!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #45  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done YP on beating Nell! Yeah I remember her "elite" time, wasn't that just last year? Keep on running and you'll beat her next year

I've been mainly napping today! No eating out either HOORAY! I'm still full from the apple pie! although I have eaten a bit more today!

Hope the Sunday dinners go down well

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote