UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #391  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Hi Veggie - how are you? I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are.
I'm ok I think.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good afternoon everyone

Bloody **** what a morning I had.

It's my day off today. My father rang me very early I could tell something wasn't
quite right. Anyway he says girl my hand has gone awful numb its been like this since 7am. I immediately think he is getting a stroke since he had one
when he was 58 he is now 64, and I would say it had crossed his mind too.
I dashes round, my parents only live around the corner. I say look I will ring
the GP no says my father I'm fine the feeling is back now. Anyway after a bit of me getting on at him (my father is one stubborn old paddy) he lets me ring the GP who rang back and was so nice and came out to see him. Anyway to cut along story short he thinks my father has possibly slept funny!!! He isn't getting a stroke and is fine. I was so worried this morning. So worried I didn't even eat anything till this afternoon. My father has been very ill in the past
cancer after my brother died and pneumonia and TB when I was ten years old. God he defies medical science.

Anyway I am just so relieved he is well. My mother bless her was so worried she is devoted to my father. Lets hope he stays well my mother like myself would be just so lost without him.

Michele

p.s. I've read all the posts sorry my one was all me me me me me
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #393  

Glad he's ok Michele.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #394  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

michele, mine are always me memememememe!

Glad your dad's better! PHEW!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #395  

Oh dear, better to be safe than sorry. My dad gives me a lot of stress, but he's in Oz so it's always awful when stuff happens.

I'm a stresshead today, work has been horrible
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #396  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Work horrible here too, not made any better by the fact that my boss is pregnant again. Expect stress levels to rise over the next year or so during the pregnancy and maternity leave!

5.7 miles this morning, I'm hoping for a cheeky 3.7 miler tomorrow morning before catching the 7.40 train to London. I can't believe I got up half an hour earlier than normal (and I normally get up pretty early) just to fit a run in. I must be mad!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:12 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Thank you all for your kind words.

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #398  

Oh no poor Frus.

Well I have loads of work because I've been organising my holiday instead of doing it oops.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:17 AM   #399  

YP hate to break it to you hun, but yes, your mad.

I can't believe she is pushing another one out, what a nuisance. Especially since she is the first working mum ever to balance raising a kid and working. Sorry claws are in now, must have been the whiskas i had for breakfast.

I'm ready to hand in my notice at work, it's driving me mental. I was so tired last night, I haven't got to the gym this morning for my swim, but seeing as I am going to Body Combat tonight, it doesn't matter.

Can I go home now? Oh I'm already home, can I just stay?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #400  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Kylie: What on EARTH is Body Combat?? Do you wear little fatigues? LOL
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #401  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Yup - I agree with Kyk - YP, you're going bananas. (BTW, thank you for your comment that I read about Ryvita bars - I bought some and they are very nice).

Kyk - Is this stress likely to be on-going or is it only temporary? Sounds dreadful and not something you want to do for any length of time. I'm so glad I got out of the 'office environment'.

Frus - Are you feeling better yet? Poor you!

Michele - I hope your Dad's feeling better. I've had that kind of thing happen to me and I know how scary it is.

Veggie - If there's anything I can do to help just send me a PM.

Big news for me - I am sitting here in...... da da DAAAAAAAAAA - a pair of ELLE size 16 jeans! We just got back from shopping at the Pontefract Freeport designer retail village thingy which has gone down hill since our last visit - most of my old favourite shops have disappeared so it was a bit disappointing. I only went in to Elle because they've got a massive sale on and I thought I could buy some stuff to put away until I've shrunk a bit. I bought two pairs of Elle jeans, a black pair for £70 and a grey-blue pair for £62 - both reduced to £5 a pair! Woo HOOOO! I was so surprised they'd fit - I thought I'd have to put them away for a month or two. I also got some Nike Shox trainers for £25 on buy one pair get another free - so we got a pair each - mine are all girlie pink and silver.

Big news - next Wednesday evening we are going to have an induction at a gym. Its too far far me to walk so DH is going to join as well (if we like it.)

We had a lovely day at the seaside yesterday - we walked 14 miles - so I counted that as my cardio for the day. I am still feeling all the time but I think I've found a possible explanation - apparently women past menopause take longer to recover after training. I'm off to see my doctor this afternoon to see if he can recommend something - I slept 10 hours last night, which is crazy! If he can't help then I might try Creatine to see if it helps with the muscle pain, if I get rid of that they I might start to feel better in myself.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #402  

Jen - No little fatigues! Body combat is like Tae Bo, but in a class environment (with an extremely cute teacher by the way - but that's not entirely the reason I attend the class LOL)

Sarah - the stress will continue until the middle of May, I'm promised that I return to "normal" then, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have tried to tell my manager and my secondment manager that I am stressed, but everyone thinks I am doing so well that I can't seem to communicate how hard I am finding it. But we'll battle on. the good thing about this is I am allowed to do permanent 10 - 6 on this line, so I can go to the gym in the morning, which has to be a good thing!

I'm going to try glucosamine for a while to see if that helps my joints, my left knee is starting to hurt, but I won't get it looked into by doctor yet, as they are likely to suggest key hole surgery - not an option until after I go to Oz.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #403  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Stupid doctor just recommended sleeping tablets. D'oh! I kept telling him the problem is I am getting too much sleep and he couldn't see that as a problem. He also couldn't see past the recent thyroid diagnosis but he did say that the tablets he prescribed should have kicked in by now. I'm going to try re-jigging my workouts and dog walking a bit and try and find somewhere I can get the Creatine.

Ky - Maybe its that it would be inconvenient for them if they were to 'officially' notice that you are getting stressed because then they'd be forced to do something about it. So, you're looking at a minimum of another 3 weeks at this level of stress - can you handle that? I think I'd sit both managers down together and tell them at the same time - that way they can't ignore you.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #404  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I managed my 5.30 run again this morning, but I'm skiving Spanish because although I'm just about awake now I know I'll be flagging by 9.30 after a full day in London. We got the earlier train back and I could have made it, but as I'd assumed I'd miss it I wasn't really in "Spanish mood" so I came home. I'm doing something rare and eating a ready meal - because I didn't know what time I'd get back I decided to wait and see and get something if I wanted something or a sandwich or salad if it was an eating on the train on the way home situation. It's a M&S count on us veggie lasagne, and I'm adding a couple of extra servings of frozen veg with it to make it nice and virtuous. I've been snacking on fruit and cheese sandwiches all day, so I wanted some veggies before the end of the day.

Kylie, get those claws in! She doesn't have time on her side, so I guess she wants to get on with it!

Sarah Ann - I like the ryvita bars, but I'm also quite impressed with the Alpen light bars (I tried one earlier today for the first time). I'm trying not to get too reliant on them, but at 60 calories or so they're not bad for a little filler snack that's not going to throw me too far off track.

Tomorrow and Saturday are meant to be rest days as I've got a 10k on Sunday, but even resting I'll still hit 30 miles this week for the first time in ages. I might do some swimming tomorrow rather than total rest, but I'll see how tired I feel in the morning, or I might do a yoga or pilates dvd. I won't be getting up at 5.30 again - that would make only one morning where I got up after 5.30 this week (and that one day would be 6!) Although if I have an early night I might be ready for getting up by then...
Old 04-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #405  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

And after that I missed the best bit - we hadn't met the client since last February or March... and she didn't recognise me I must find more people I haven't seen for a year...