UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:41 AM   #376  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I'm not sure whether I'll get a refund or not - she's not a professional seller (a professional seller HAS to refund by law). I'll only involve PayPal as a last resort, they are so hard to deal with. I've emailed the seller to let her know I'm not happy and sent her a pic of the label. I actually came out in a rash just opening the parcel and holding it up against me - the joys of having allergies!

I usually have Thursday as my rest day (DH's normal day off) and we take the dogs for a gentle walk along a beach or through Clumber Park - always under 5 miles because DH can't cope with my long distance walkies. Maybe I'm getting a virus - or, I suppose, its even possible that this is what life will be like now I'm taking this thyroid hormone stuff.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:48 AM   #377  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh I didn't think of that. I thought that your hormone treatment stuff was supposed to make you LESS tired?? I think it might be the amount of training though, think about it, you've suddenly increased the intensity for a couple of weeks and now your body's thinking, "Hang on, just one cotton pickin minute here, I'm TIRED!" So maybe try and nap/chill out for a little while, then get back to it. I know with my mad workout plan, one week is hyper, the next not so much, because my body tells me I'm pushing it too far! I need bionic joints - damn useless weak human fleshy body!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #378  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies!

My partner told me yesterday he is taking a business trip ti Ireland via Manchester. He's very excited that he will get to see Preston North End play Leeds at home this Sunday!

The bad part is--I can't go with him this time. He will be gone a whole week! That will be the longest we have ever been apart since we moved in together 18 months ago!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 AM   #379  

Shame you can't go Jen but lucky him going to glamorous Preston.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #380  
Consistency + Balance

You're probably right - I've been really working hard to get those BfL 10s on each muscle group by increasing weights and I've been really turning up the resistance on the exercise bike. I know my elbows and knees are complaining. DH says he can really see a difference in my shape over the last couple of weeks even though I've not lost HUGE amounts of weight. Maybe I won't adjust weights/resistance for another week or two - give my body a chance to adjust.... and I'll have that nap!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:16 AM   #381  
Consistency + Balance

Woops! Sorry - those posts weren't there why I started typing mine!

Jen - what a SHAME! Couldn't you look in to getting a last minute/cheap bargain flight?

Hi Veggie - how are you? I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #382  
aka Superwoman!

Hello veggie and Jen

Sarah - did you take before and after pics? I want to see!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #383  
Consistency + Balance

No - when I first started I wasn't sure how long I'd last at it - I decided that if I didn't enjoy it I'd just go back to normal low GI diet plus doggy walking and maybe a bit of weights - so I didn't bother with the pictures. I wish I had taken some now. I also wish I'd been brave enough to take some last September when I was at my heaviest.

How about you?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #384  
aka Superwoman!

I have some on a thread somewhere, I'll drag it up!

I think you should take some now - the BfLs before and afters are amazing! Sounds like you would be having a shock now if you had some!

I did take some last November and meant to take them every month wearing the same underwear. I didn't see any results so I stopped taking them! I think I might start again now I'm back into the hardcore gym!

Check out the beached whale http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52988

I have another one in which I look absolutely apalling!! I'm saving that till I get to goal, then I'll get it out and scan it, then compare with my new skinny-self!
Old 04-25-2006, 10:11 AM   #385  
Consistency + Balance

Crikey, Frus, that really IS stunning! WELL DONE!!

I dunno - I might - if I get my courage up! I hate having my picture taken.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #386  
Consistency + Balance

Its strange, actually, I don't need pictures to get a shock - I get one of those each time I come up the stairs. We've got a 7ft x 4.5ft framed mirror in the hall which I've ALWAYS avoiding looking at (even when I've cleaned it) but I caught an accidental sight of myself the other day and came to a complete stop to take a better look - ever since then I've been looking at myself each time I go in to the hall!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #387  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I wish I could go with him but it is too short notice for my job. I'll just have to miss him, I guess....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #388  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Gah! Today has been absolutely manic, and I suspect the rest of the week will be the same. Still, I've been locked up in a meeting room without biscuits or chocolate, so my eating hasn't had the chance to be bad. And I still got in a 3 mile run this morning before it all started. I really need to do a bit of work tonight, but I want an early night so that I can get up at 5.30 to get a 5 mile run in before getting into work to prepare for a 9am meeting. Then a similar plan on Thursday where I want to fit in 3 miles or so before catching the 7.40 train to London. It's all go at the moment!

We never ended up having the salary discussion, so I'm still pondering. I'm not sure I'll have time to speak tomorrow

Anyway, I suppose I'd better scan through all the posts on here quickly before getting back to work!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #389  

Hello all. Sarah Ann, I get tired a lot, and it's just the exercise. Your muscles need rest. I sleep about 7 hours a night, but by weekend, I'm stuffed, knackered, plum tired out, and sleep an alarming amount!

I went swimming this morning, and did Nike rockstar this evening. It was so fun, I love that class. I feel like a sexy rock star for an hour!!! The teacher is amazing, really toned and fit, but not tiny, in her late 30's with 4 teenage girls, I want to be just like her IF I grow up!!! LOL.

But without the teenagers LOL

Work was manic today. I am behind before I even start........it's depressing.

Day off exercise tomorrow night, but I'll hit the gym in the morning!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:06 AM   #390  
aka Superwoman!

Atchoo! Cough! One sick Frus reporting in! That lingering cold came out quite nicely last night, JUST before kickboxing! I spent half the lesson lying on the floor and the other half wandering around watching people spar! I think I demotivated a lot of the class, their technique, speed and motivation was apalling to start off with, maybe they all measure themselves against me, and because I was being extra slow, everybody else was! I got home, ate chocolate (lots) and went to bed early!

I've bought myself some Benylin and my cough seems to have cleared up miraculously by itself! I'll probably need it later on! So no gym for me (below the neck symptoms) until my cough is better... I might go along to kickboxing tomorrow just to go through the motions if I feel better!

I only have one Hob Nob left... I think that's a record, making a whole packet last longer than a week!

Ok must do work, however everyone's stuck in traffic on the M1, so I suppose I can browse a little longer without feeling too bad!