UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #61  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Lots of news! First of all, Sarah - Whitby cod is the greatest and I hear there was a cracking thundery hail storm up that way on Tuseday

Well done YP on your fastest ever ever! Kykaree you'll fade away - not liking pork pies! Pah!

Okee doke, soooooooooo The careers thingy was quite fun, a few teachers completely blanked me, and the organiser who I was quite close to when I was at school was very impressed with my skinny self! I saw The Boyfriend Stealer and she is fatter than me! Ha! I know that's so evil, but it feels good. Oh and another friend from my year was MIGHTILY impressed with me! A big gasping Oh My God moment from her

Then in the afternoon I was trying on wedding dresses. All the samples were a size 12. Uh oh! All but a couple fit They were all pretty gorgeous but none were the one I wanted. I might book an appointment at Debenhams for next weekend because I'm getting a bit sick of the hassle of tracking The Dress down. Plus this one in Debbie's is cheaper and a similar style.

Went out on the town with my friend. We used to go out when I was 18 and I was a big lass and she was the skinny confident one. Oh how things have changed. I am smaller than her now, she has put on a bit of weight because the dinner ladies at her school are feeding her up! She will lose it again though, I'm sure. I also think she was a bit jealous although she didn't say anything, but she got well narky when we were shopping for Saturday tea and I wanted to get salad things. *sigh* I ended up with salad though! Hurrah and I cooked her chicken and bacon and new potatoes which she liked, so all was not lost.

Oh and Saturday was CLEAN! No free weekend for me Today has been a slightly different story, but I'm not too fussed because 1 free day is a helluva lot better than two or three!

Anyways, I asked Mum to bring me a dress I tried on last time I was there in December. In December it zipped up but I had to breathe in and squish my chest in and then I was popping out all over the place But I just tried it on tonight and it zipped up no bother at all, I was astounded and I thought I hadn't done it up all the way! It still gives a nice thrusting effect at the front though

Oh and another thing. The Trousers. That Kylie will soon be getting. Well. I used to wear them to work when I worked evening shifts when I was at Uni. My lightest weight when I wore them was 11:13. I weigh around that now give or take a free week or two However, back then I could wear them and they were slightly big but would rest on my hips. Now they fall right to the floor Just goes to show it's inches not pounds that makes the difference. I'm even more convinced to stop weighing myself.

Kykaree - can you e-mail me the alien story??

Okay must get my beauty sleep. I'm beating up small kids tomorrow
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #62  

well I just spent an hour fixing someones computer I'm an IT genius lol.

Stumbled on the answer completely by luck not by judgement at all.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:39 AM   #63  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Frus - I can't remember which day it was (it was either Monday or Tuesday) we had an AWFUL weather day - snow, hail, high winds and constant driving drizzle. We spent an interesting hour sat in a cafe on the seafront in Scarborough watching the waves crash against the sea wall and then throw spray so far across the road it was foaming down the cafe's windows. (That was the cafe where I had the scone!) There was no way to get out until the waves had subsided a bit. I agree about the Whitby cod - it was the best I've ever tasted and it is coming from someone who used to own a chippy!

Well done on getting in to a size 12!!!!! Sucks, boo, yah to the Boyfriend Stealer.

Ky - I'd love a copy of the article with sexy brunette, 33 and the aliens as well! I'm trying to get up the courage to go swimming. I finally found a swimming cossie that fits (heavens knows how old it is) but I look like a lumpy sack of spuds in it.

YP - How did you make your lentil and pepper bake? It sounds like it would make a good lunch dish for me - I am SO bored of cottage cheese with nuts and berries and Nigella's hot and sour soup. Congratulations on your fastest ever.

I had an NSV last night - I squeezed myself in to a pair of size 18 jeans AND managed to zip them up. I think it'll be another week or two before I can sit down in them without cutting off the blood supply to my legs. Strange really because the weight isn't coming off very fast but I am changing shape.

All my muscles are really achy today - I did an hour long weights workout yesterday. I think it should have been 30 to 45 mins but I was working from a book and it took me a while to get my head around how/when I should breathe and best form.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #64  

Sarah Ann - breathing and exercising at the same time! I never managed that. I was the purple heap expiring on the gym floor half way through aerobics. Too many things to do athte same time - waving arms about, legs pumping up and down and expecting me to breathe too???

I remember when I lived by the sea - I never bothered going to it wheni t was a fine day but loved watching the sea 'go mad', waves crashing against the shore sort of thing.....
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 AM   #65  
Consistency + Balance

Peacock 2 - I'm struggling with the breathing which is very regulated during weight training. I can't understand why its better to breathe out at certain times and inhale at others - I'm sure there's a good reason but it just hasn't sunk in to my head yet. Yesterday I seemed to be hyperventilating at times and hardly breathing at others.

We've decided that we want live by the sea but reasonably close to the North York Moors. Its a long term plan but definitely we want to be moved within 5 years. Probably on the stretch of coast somewhere between Whitby and Bridlington.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #66  

You'll get into the swing of it. If you breathe out on effort (lifting the weight) and in on release, it's easier to lift, because your not straining your breathing. Kinda like a steam train letting out a big puff going up a hill, that's how I picture it in my head.

Anyone who wants a copy of the article, pm me your addy and I'll send it on, I don't think I can attach a pdf to a thread here.

I'm in 18 jeans, now, which I don't believe, and the odd 16 is dwelling in my wardrobe, which is really exciting. I love clothes!!!!

I'm tired today, I'm trialling the carpeted office for this half of the day, and its exhausting me, but its nice to be back among my colleagues.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #67  
aka Superwoman!

I agree with kykaree about the breathing. We do it in kickboxing too... Push the breath out as you push the weights, it really helps you put more explosive power into it.

The net has been down for 2 hours... I was about to tear my hair out!! But it's back, so I'm ok!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #68  

Sarah Ann - I know all about trousers (and skirts) cutting off your blood supply. THe number of times I have bent over in a tight pair and almost cut off my breathing!

When you take them off there is that dark red line, isn't there?
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #69  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Lentil and pepper bake you basically cook the lentils in water til they're a bit of a mush, in another pan cook some peppers/onion/whatever other veg you want, then stir together with some tomato puree and soy sauce, put in a dish, top with breadcrumbs, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds and a bit of cheese and bake it for half an hour. Absolutely delicious!

Frus, glad you had a good time at your careers thing and wowwed a few people!

I did weights today, I should be running again tomorrow morning in my new Aldi gear to try it out.

I got a new trainee to play with today, I like it when they switch over and spend a few days in awe of me
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #70  

My birthday! Yay! Going to lunch then cinema then more food and drink I'm looking forward to birthday cake and cava. I have started a bit early on the wine just a day early.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #71  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler53
Hiya everyone, congrats on all the weight losses and workouts LOL Well I went SW this morning and last week I was a tad disappointed with my 4 and half pound loss, well lo and behold today when I got on the scales it was a 6 and a half pound loss weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I was grinning from ear to ear LOL Got the slimmer of the week thingie and a half stone sticker too

Nearly got a piccie done today but Manda was a bit shy, so we will find a suitable place tomorrow and get one done
GO MARY!!
Chuffed to bits for you!!

I wasn't shy... I just didn't want to get told off for taking photos in work! And in the break out area... Noooooooo!!

Mands xxx
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:38 PM   #72  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggie
My birthday! Yay! Going to lunch then cinema then more food and drink I'm looking forward to birthday cake and cava. I have started a bit early on the wine just a day early.
Today? Ooooh Happy Birthday!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #73  
Consistency + Balance

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu
Happy Birthday dear Veggie
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Have a lovely day!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #74  

Morning all!!! Happy birthday Veg

Calories don't count on your birthday.

I went to the gym at lunch and last night. I have discovered I can't do both. If I do, my evening workout is compromised. I just couldn't run last night, I did other stuff though. I can go to the gym at lunch today as its weights tonight, but on a running day, no gym at lunch time.

I watched an amazing show on BBC2 last night about a woman confronting the killer of her husband. They were a Catholic family and he was a Protestant paramilitary. The woman taught me something about forgiveness and getting on with your life no matter what happens to you. It was very humbling. I cried for an hour!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:53 AM   #75  
aka Superwoman!

Hello all!

Happy birthday veggie

Well done Mary!

I did my kickboxing teaching last night. I have 2 small children who probably have undiagnosed ADD. They have been coming for years and still can't throw a proper punch. It's very hard on the rest of the class if you spend time correcting them, but also I don't want to just ignore them because it looks bad that they're not doing it right. Sometimes they don't even face the front of the class! Aaaargh! Apart from that it was pretty good. The main instructor had the kiddies doing a combination that was left punch, right punch, then front kick then back kick. I was standing at the front so the kids could follow me... And I managed to pretty much nail some decent back kicks No pressure eh?

Oh got home and played our new Trivial Pursuit. We weren't impressed much. You don't get many questions and all the entertainment stuff was television! Gah! Also they've done away with the throw again squares, they are now advance to pie squares!

Funny thing too, having a pms moment I got a Creme Egg out of the cupboard (don't ask me why, but there's a HUGE retail box of Creme eggs in our house now ) and nibbled the top off, then DF wanted some, so he has a bite - a HUGE bite, and I'm going, "Eeeee just eat half my bloomin Creme Egg why dontcha?" Then he takes another bite and says, "No I'm gonna eat 3 quarters!" humph! Saved me some calories anyway!

Ah proper training tonight, hopefully, if there is more than 1 other instructor there. The main dude has just had a baby girl - BLESS His little boy is 2 and a half and he was stroking his mum's tummy and said... "Willly, Mummy's willy..." So they tried to explain that Mummy doesn't have a willy... But now small baby girl is nicknamed Willy! She still doesn't have a proper name and is a week old! She will forever be Willy! Which I think is a pretty cool nickname

Ok I suppose I'd better do some work...