UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 AM   #1  

Default Heads up - Paul Mckenna, I can make you thin 9th Jan

If anyone interested and has SKY one, he starts Monday 9th Jan at 9pm. I'm trying to use his principles in conjunction with GI and they make a lot of sense

Watched some of his series 'I can change your life' I think it was. Some of the things he has done are quite amazing.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 AM   #2  

I've lost 31lb using a combination of Rosemary Conley's diet (Paul McK doesn't approve of diets!) and Paul McKenna's book and CD, *I Can Make You Thin*. So I can vouch for Paul's system!

I wanted to eat more healthily and have PCOS, so I had to address the question of what I ate - which goes against Paul's system. That said, I found it was his book and CD more than anything that set me off to this weight loss in July,2005 - and Paul's book that gave me the techniques to avoid cravings, etc. Very useful at the start of a diet! Also, it was listening to his CD that got me up off my backside and exercising.

If you're open-minded, I'd say give Paul's method a try.

I think he originally claimed around a 70% sucess rate, but when Fern & Phil trialled it, they got a 90% success rate with a small group of women - so it does appear to work. It's also great because you can use the NLP techniques he describes, for life - so it's not a quick fix, but a permanent solution.

PhatP x
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:29 AM   #3  

Well done PhatP, that's brilliant.

I'm really struggling with my bingeing (having to use a lot of willpower). I think I need to read the book again.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #4  

I want to see it, have to see if it turns up on the sky freeview channel, they showed his last series so it might do.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/193.5/130

How often did you listen to the CD?
WillowFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #6  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've always thought it looks interesting, for me the mental side is as important as the physical side. I've always known what to eat, it's just making myself do it that was the problem
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #7  

I listened to it almost daily for the first week or so. Since then, I go through phases of not listening for a couple of months at a time, then returning to it a couple of times in a week, if I feel the need.

The bit on busting cravings is probably the most useful, and it does really work. (His second technique is so powerful he warns you only to use it if you really never want to eat a certain thing ever again!) I think most of what he does is based on something called Neuro-Linguistic Programming, and the craving busters you can probably find described online as *Energy Tapping for weight loss*.

It sounds cranky but it works. I think losing weight and keeping it off for good is a matter of the mind as well as the body and until you get both focussed, you're in trouble!

Years ago I had a friend who was a postgrad studying psychology and he researched hypnosis and auto-hypnosis and their medical applications, so it's not as out of left field as it might look.

PhatP x
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #8  

"A GUID NEW YEAR TAE ANE AND A"

(HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE)

A friend of mine hasn't eaten chocolate for 6 months after doing Paul Mc even though she used to have 3 or 4 bars a day. I listened to the cd but didn't do the tapping so maybe that's why it didn't work for me but it's lovely for helping you to fall asleep.
shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #9  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I'm looking forward to this - I need all the help I can get at the moment, and I'm particularly struggling with the brain-ache side of trying to keep on track. I don't know why , but it's all going to pot. It all seems so mentally hard at the moment - if I can get my head sorted the rest of me will hopefully follow suit.

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #10  

Right, I've just imported my CD into iTunes, and when my ipod arrives (tomorrow, fingers crossed) I'll load it onto it. This gives me the opportunity to just go and lie down and listen to it (don't have a portable CD player) so hopefully I'll use it more.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

I bought a tape many years ago, I listened it didn't work!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:23 PM   #12  

But how regularly did you listen to it?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #13  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

I hope you all ran and got your knives and forks - I did!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:11 PM   #14  

No, but I did mime it
Old 01-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #15  

We mimed it too. I had a big mushroom balti - my son had fish n chips.

PhatP x