UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #91  

What happens at a party at Man U? I hope it doesn't involve Wayne Rooney. I'll watch out for you in the tabloids.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:11 AM   #92  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I've bought my running shoes, now I'm going to start planning my new improved trip to Catalonia in more detail
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #93  

definitely not chicken pox, they've got heads on em like pimples, and I don't have any of the symptoms, and the spots are quite localised, not all over, none on my legs, for example.

The party is held in Man U's function rooms, no contact with footballers at all, which is just as well really (although I quite like Rio Ferdinand - yes I know I have strange taste in men). I've been there twice before for parties, it's ok but not great, the food is usually pretty awful. Last year I went when I had just started the whole healthy eating thing, and the dessert was so horrible I couldn't eat it, and I can ALWAYS manage a sweet!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #94  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Are you sure it's not shingles luvey? My husband just had a bout with shingles a few months ago, he thought he'd got nasty knat bites or something, as they were itchy, but the next day a few appeared in different places, I sent him to the doctors as I thought it could be shingles and indeed it was... he got some heavy meds to take and it's taken until now to get rid of them...

I hope your's isn't anything like that and they go away soon, but if I were you, I'd make that appointement for two weeks cos if it is something nasty, you'll want some help getting rid of it
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #95  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Yep, Kylie - spots in all your hairy bits doesn't sound very pleasant at all - hope they've started to pack their bags and leave already!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #96  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I hope the party was good

I've just been out for a run, and did about 10k/6 miles. It was meant to be 7 -8 miles, but as i was the first run in the new trainers I didn't want to go too far in them before i've broken them in a bit, so I cut it a bit short, but over the course of the week I've made a couple of my other runs a bit longer so I'm only about half a mile short for the week which isn't too bad.

today I really should make a start on the pile of old clothes. It's time to chuck them out. I never intend to wear a 22, a 20 or an 18 again. I'm even considering chucking some of the 16s!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 AM   #97  

Keep the 18's I can't afford new clothes at present, and I'm shrinking. The spots are going. I think we've worked it out. The spots are around my bra and pants areas, as well as my face. I bought new underwear in the sales, and have been carefully handwashing it in Persil Silk Wash, and I think that is the culprit! The spots are improving by the day, and I have had no new ones appear since Thursday.

The nurses at work could eliminate shingles (and I haven't had chicken pox and the two are normally connected) So I look as if I am on the mend!

The party was ok, I didn't know anyone except my friend, and we sat on a table on our own, as her workmates all sat together and took up a whole table. After a false start, we were joined by some Scousers, one was particularly hilarious. He was really tall, bald as a badger, with odd teeth missing, and looked just like the guy from Rocky Horror Show, and had huge sticky up veins on his head. He was a gentle giant and was great fun......... weird old night it was.

And the food was roughly on plan, and I didn't drink, because I didn't feel like it, and I woke up this morning and went for a swim! Aren't I a good girl!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #98  

Well done Kylie - glad the spots are vamoosing!

Janey
Old 01-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #99  

I'm well chuffed at the moment, because I bought a really lovely outfit today for my sister's wedding (which is in 6 weeks time), and not only is it just the sort of thing I was looking for, but it was in the sale and instead of having to pay the proper price (£260), I got the whole outfit for £60!!!

I'd dragged poor Kim round the shops for about 4 hours, and had been dithering about one skirt and top combination in Kew, which was lovely and fit really well (size 16!!) but I was put off by the fact that the skirt alone was £90, and with the top and a new pair of shoes (I had none already that would have done the job) it would have pushed the outfit to around £200. When I've still got another 50lbs to go, paying those sorts of prices for one outfit is a little hard to stomach.

Anyway, I was about to give up and head back to Kew and bite the £200 bullet, when I remembered I hadn't looked in East. I found a skirt straight away, a crushed velvet affair in hawthorn (a sort of dark bitter chocolate colour) with amber beading detail around the bottom, and the Gods were smiling because it was the only one left in the shop and it was a size 18. It was a bit big, but not too bad (I can't see me losing too many inches between now and the wedding, and at least it doesn't displace a roll of fat above the waistband), and it was really flattering, but I couldn't find anything that matched properly. Then one of the shop assistants took pity on me and did a Trinny and Suzanna, bringing armfuls of different tops into the changing room (how embarrassing!), one of which was a gorgeous spaghetti strap top and matching sweater/cardigan combo, which was a perfect, perfect match, in the identical hawthorn colour to the skirt, and with matching beading on the straps and neckline of the top, and down the front and on the cuffs of the cardigan.

(BTW by 'cardigan' I don't want you to be imagining some sort of grannyish monstrosity - this is a very dressy little number!)

And to make it all just perfect, the skirt had been knocked down from £125 to £25 (obviously it's so lovely that I'm the only woman in England who liked it enough to buy it! ), and the cardie was £85 knocked down to £25, and the strappy top was £50 knocked down to £10. BARGAIN! And I already have a pair of boots that look really good with it, so I don't even have to splash out on new shoes. What a result!

Even if I carry on losing and it's too big in another couple of months, at those kinds of prices, it doesn't really matter. And in the meantime, I won't feel like a rag-bag at the wedding - the outfit made me feel really feminine and attractive, which is an unusual feeling for me - instead of dreading the wedding, I'm really looking forward to it now!

Anyway, sorry this post has been a bit of an epic, but I was excited so I had to share!

Janey
Old 01-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #100  

That is so great, and I do know you value your privacy, but there must be pics! We've all done it when we're frocked up!!!!

I love East, I haven't bought in there yet, but I have tried on!!! I thought I might get something there for when I travel to Oz in July. I plan on doing some serious shopping Oz. If I keep losing at the same rate (fat chance lol) I'll be a size 14 by then (and then you drop a dress size once you fly over the tropic of Capricorn, so I'll be a 12!!!)

After typing my post earlier today, I crawled upstairs to read the paper and have a nap, only I didn't read the paper and slept three hours. I have felt so exhausted this week!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #101  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies (afternoon ) the sun has put in an appearance this morning its lovely! and its certainly lifted my mood after having rain for 28 days!! and I was missing for most of that time Glad to hear that your zits are on the run Kyk any luck with the flight to Oz? you should get us all searching for you have a competition to find the cheapest flight i've got a ton of housework to do but i'm online as usual i'm not working until wednesday so I suppose I could put it off until tomorrow i'll see if I get a burst of energy from all the chocolate i've eaten this morning
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:54 AM   #102  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Howdy everyone! Had a great time at Jamie Cullum on Saturday, had a great kickboxing lesson Saturday morning and had a major nap on Sunday afternoon. Oh and I ate a whole packet of fig rolls on Sunday too!

I'm now recovering from biscuit overload! I've got running, kickboxing and weights today so I "carbo loaded" yesterday! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #103  

I know another four people on the net who went to see JC on Saturday they said the support was Nizlopi! Do they have other songs apart from JCB?
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #104  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good Morning,

I used to visit this board last year but after another setback at the end of 2005, I'm back again trying to succeed for this year.

Everyone looks to be doing so well, congrats to you all who managed to lose .

I'm back at the gym tonight, wish me luck.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:25 AM   #105  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello Lynne!

Yes Nizlopi, they were mega good! I'd never heard the JCB song (I know, I'm sad!) and their other songs were good too! Very fun, very different!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote